Lost Silvertail Badge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks everyone, I have contaced the club and they have told me they will contact me if one is handed in. I am doubtful I will get it back, they are real collectors item and not everyone is honest these days.

Earnie the Eagle said:
I don't know if any of you can help but on GF day at Brookie I lost my "I'm a Silvertail"" badge during the pandemonium of the day.

This had a lot of sentimental value to me as it was my dads that he got from the Manly fan club during the fibros/silvertail time in 1980.

Dad has since passed away and I am devastated at losing it.

I wrote to the editor at the Manly Daily and he phone me and was going to run a story on it.

If anyone know of one that was found PM me or if anyone knows where I can get another I would appreciate it, I will pay what ever I have to.

Thanks everyone.

Bump

Nothing has turned up unfortunatly, I guess I was really being optimistic that an honest person would have handed it in but if you find $100 cash on the ground most people would pocket it and a highly collectable badge like this one would be no different as they were mass produced with no individual numbers on it.
I was thinking of putting an ad in the Manly Daily offering a huge reward and see what come out of that.
Thanks to everyone for you kind comments, they were appreciated.

I suppose we could also look at getting new ones done for the current climate of Many, still keep the Im a Silvertail but others could be done such as Manly Hates you too, You dont like us we dont care, Paupers with a premiership, dont know where you get them made and if you would be breaching any copyright etc.

AFAIK you wouldn't breach copyright if it was a generic Eagle image and not the NRL / Manly emblem. The original eagle on that badge is probably no longer copyrighted as I doubt they have kept up paying for the privilege.

Stuff like that is easy to make. Just need t the design and some cash to pay for it to be made.

I would be happy to put the cash up but I live in country NSW and I dont know if we would have a place here that could do them, if anyone knows of place PM me. I will post what I find out and gauge if its something people would be interested in.

I think I can make this a happy ending to this story …. !

In an old cupboard I thought there could be an old “I’M A SILVERTAIL” Badge I had and I found it today!

I will get your address from you and send it up to you. All free of charge and it is my pleasure in making a Manly supporter more happy !

We had a fantastic year and still is a time to celebrate just a fortnight after yet another great PREMIERSHIP win!

Eagles Nest 08 said:

In an old cupboard I thought there could be an old “I’M A SILVERTAIL” Badge I had and I found it today!

I will get your address from you and send it up to you. All free of charge and it is my pleasure in making a Manly supporter more happy !

We had a fantastic year and still is a time to celebrate just a fortnight after yet another great PREMIERSHIP win!

Well done Eagles Nest! Happy for you Ernie. Manly supporters are the best supporters of all.

Boozo said:
Eagles Nest 08 said:

Well done Eagles Nest! Happy for you Ernie. Manly supporters are the best supporters of all.

I am lost for words, I cant tell you how much I appreciate this. Kindness like this is seldom seen these days, thank you!

Your a legend!

Eagles Nest 08 said:
Here is the photo of the badge

Mate tried to send a PM back to you but it is showing •Eagles Nest 08 has private messaging disabled. You cannot send private messages to this user.

Earnie the Eagle said:
Your a legend!

Eagles Nest 08 said:
Here is the photo of the badge

Mate tried to send a PM back to you but it is showing •Eagles Nest 08 has private messaging disabled. You cannot send private messages to this user.

Use the e-mail icon at the bottom of his/her post as another option to contact him/her. :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6