Lussick ???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lussick clearly has alot of potential, is big, quick and athletic and can play footy. the nrl is the toughest rugby league comp in the world by a long way. It's not a routine or automatic thing to become a successful player in it.
Even if he was playing really great right now he still couldn't be a priority signing for us. Enjoy your deathriding, but check in with reality from time to time....

I can't believe Lussick accepted Des's premiership ring last year. He had six run on games all year and was a bit player.

Cut him and bring in someone who has played even less first grade...

Wow you blokes are harsh at times. Yeah he had an average game, look out for him this week against the Dragons.

FMD some opinions never cease to amaze me on here

How was Glenn Stewart going after 10 NRL games ? Same with Matai

Or the best recent example you will get Tony Williams. The same that now cream their pants every touch were quite happy to tell us a year ago he was useless and would never be an NRL standard player coz he didnt give a stuff and was lazy with no heart

Lussick needs to get the unforced errors, out of his game.
Until then, he could probably do with a stint in NSW cup.

I personally like the grunt style of forwards like Joe, and Morrow, complimented with players like Choc, Gift and Beuhrer. However we have the guy on contract and it's worth persisting with him, unless he wants the bank to stay. The value with him is that he's young and can be coached into better habits. What happened last night is the three front rowers, himself, Kite and Princess were all down.

Anthony Watmough

Minutes 80
Errors 1
Tackles 34
Ineffective tackles 5
Missed tackles 4
Offloads 1
Hitups 14
Metres 135

Darcy Lussick

Minutes 47
Errors 1
Tackles 37
Inefective tackles 1
Missed tackles 2
Offloads 2
Hitups 8
Metres 68

Lussick played half of what Watmough played, made more tackles, missed less tackles and had more off loads. They had comparable hitups and metres when you consider the amount of time played. 1 error a piece.

What's your point wamf?

I would say he was just as active as Watmough given time played and maybe even less of a liability.

I think we may be a little upset with Darcy after his "i will wait and see how strong Manly are"comment that has us ripping in at the moment. Combine that with the apparent money he is asking for and it may be from frustration that we are being harsh.

It's a fan forum so people are entitled to their opinions. However I do think it's to easy to criticize someone without knowing all the facts and only relying on media reports.

Toov's obviously has faith in him or he wouldn't be in the 17. Just consider Big George.... playing NSW cup when he should be in first grade.

Darcy still has a ton of potential and just needs to remember the stuff he was doing last year and it wasn't just the fight. He ripped in at every opportunity, attack and defense and the Storm forwards didn't want a bar of him. That's all he needs to do.

I agree as far as potentisl goes but all the hype and talk at this point is way over the mark. Good on him if he can get a big $ deal but i dont think it's worth the gamble yet
Kiwi Eagle said:
FMD some opinions never cease to amaze me on here

How was Glenn Stewart going after 10 NRL games ? Same with Matai

Or the best recent example you will get Tony Williams. The same that now cream their pants every touch were quite happy to tell us a year ago he was useless and would never be an NRL standard player coz he didnt give a stuff and was lazy with no heart

Stevo said:
What's your point wamf?

I would say he was just as active as Watmough given time played and maybe even less of a liability.

Lussick flops quite a bit (like Hindmarsh) where as Choc is almost always fist in on the tackle 9/10 dominates in that area.

Lussick did not even look like bending the line. Choc is always a danger.

At the end of the day, all I said was give him a stint in NSW cup and let him get the unforced, lack of concentration errors out of his game. The bring him back when he's ready.

He needs time. a solid stint in reggies will improve his confidence.

He should follow Mauro as an example. victor rarely makes unforced errors.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6