Manase D Day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.
How it get to this point from prosecution??? It's a complete debacle
For those of us that followed the Brett Stewart case you could say exactly the same thing.

The evidence was incredibly flimsy , no DNA, no witnesses and remember the jury threw it out in about 20 minutes and some were said to be in tears at what he had to go through when it was clearly a giant set up for cash.

BUT, it seems the police prosecutor’s have big egos and don’t like taking a backward step when in fact they should.

This appears ( purely from what the media are reporting ) to be going a similar way.

For those of us that followed the Brett Stewart case you could say exactly the same thing.

The evidence was incredibly flimsy , no DNA, no witnesses and remember the jury threw it out in about 20 minutes and some were said to be in tears at what he had to go through when it was clearly a giant set up for cash.

BUT, it seems the police prosecutor’s have big egos and don’t like taking a backward step when in fact they should.

This appears ( purely from what the media are reporting ) to be going a similar way.
How does it get this far I still don't get it

The fact the Stewart prosecution went ahead despite the flimsiness of the evidence was a direct result of the fallout and criticism of the DPP when no charges were laid over the Bulldogs Coffs Harbour scandal. Simply, if they didn't prosecute Brett it would be a bad look.
Manase's case is quite different.

The fact the Stewart prosecution went ahead despite the flimsiness of the evidence was a direct result of the fallout and criticism of the DPP when no charges were laid over the Bulldogs Coffs Harbour scandal. Simply, if they didn't prosecute Brett it would be a bad look.
Was going to say more or less this. Brett Stewart was sadly a victim of circumstance and the time

Personally, in the end I think it was better for Brett that his case did go to trial, because in the end he was found to be totally innocent rather than what would have happened if the charges were dropped due to lack of evidence, there would have always been doubt in a lot of peoples' minds.
Without the trial those fraudsters would never have been exposed

Personally, in the end I think it was better for Brett that his case did go to trial, because in the end he was found to be totally innocent rather than what would have happened if the charges were dropped due to lack of evidence, there would have always been doubt in a lot of peoples' minds.
Without the trial those fraudsters would never have been exposed
There are still d1ckheads out there that refer to him as a rapist, when it comes to

It appears the court didn't sit on Friday as there was no media coverage of the trial. I'm wondering if this was because the judge excused the jury from attending that day and instead took them to the scene at night to get a better feel of the lighting, the surroundings, the height of the wall etc?
It appears that the case resolves around one person's eye witness account, so the quality of the lighting at night in determining vision accuracy is an important factor.

It appears the court didn't sit on Friday as there was no media coverage of the trial. I'm wondering if this was because the judge excused the jury from attending that day and instead took them to the scene at night to get a better feel of the lighting, the surroundings, the height of the wall etc?
It appears that the case resolves around one person's eye witness account, so the quality of the lighting at night in determining vision accuracy is an important factor.
Just checking, but haven't we moved on from eyewitness accounts and lighting in 2022 to things like fingerprints, DNA?.

NYEagle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12