Manase Fainu - Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
IMO I don't think we'll see him playing in the NRL.

Surely that's a near certainty... The ongoing shoulder issues he had while he was stood down and not playing NRL, yet alone in the most defensively demanding position on the field, would suggest he won't somehow be fit to return some 7+ years after he last played NRL...

I would think Manase's number one (and probably only) priority is getting out of jail. Playing rugby league again would be the last thing on his mind.

He's entitled to appeal, and his new lawyers might have a decent case on the identification/"dangerous verdict" point. They don't have to prove someone else did it to win, so let's just see how it all unfolds.

Think this thread is almost redundant... even if he gets out of jail he will never be the player he once was.... way too long out of the game unfortunately!
This is all true but stranger things have happened in sport. There's an NFL player by the name of Matt Araiza in the news yesterday. I'd suggest you google to see how 'just' legal systems can be when it comes to high profile players in social situations.

I have no read on this Fainu situation because I wasn't there and I'm not the magistrate involved.

But Danny Wicks came back to first grade, and Manase is 24.

Jayden Campbell is 23.

Here's an irony, Jeremy Marshall King is managed by none other than Tartak.

There were no conversations? Our great recruitment staff saw nothing the same manager might have to offer while his higher profile client was somewhat unavailable?

They couldn't see what Bennett saw?

Here's an irony, Jeremy Marshall King is managed by none other than Tartak.

There were no conversations? Our great recruitment staff saw nothing the same manager might have to offer while his higher profile client was somewhat unavailable?

They couldn't see what Bennett saw?
Good point,but I guess he has kind of bloomed at the Fins V the grubby dogs
We probably weren’t interested at the time

Also would have been when Des was still around? So maybe his experience at the dogs had an impact?

Marshall King was a stand out last year at the Dogs every single game and earned a Kiwi world cup jersey at the end of the year.

I know a lot of people wouldn't know this but circumstances allowed me to watch almost every game of NRL in 2022 even the Bulldogs games (I'll admit in the first half of the year I was doom veiwing them to see how bad they could go under Barrett - then cheering to see how improved under Potter - then putting five dollars on anytime tryscorer multis to make it palatable).

But he was absolutely fantastic and hasn't surprised me with his phinomenal performances this year. (See what I did there, the tele will steal it on the weekend I guarantee)

Marshall King was a stand out last year at the Dogs every single game and earned a Kiwi world cup jersey at the end of the year.

I know a lot of people wouldn't know this but circumstances allowed me to watch almost every game of NRL in 2022 even the Bulldogs games (I'll admit in the first half of the year I was doom veiwing them to see how bad they could go under Barrett - then cheering to see how improved under Potter - then putting five dollars on anytime tryscorer multis to make it palatable).

But he was absolutely fantastic and hasn't surprised me with his phinomenal performances this year. (See what I did there, the tele will steal it on the weekend I guarantee)
Quick, copyright it. You could make a phinomenal amount of money.

I wasn’t really watching nrl when manase was playing, so just seeing what youse all think of his abilities on the field? If he can be cleared and return to the field and can get back to his old skill level, would you say he would take the starting hooker spot from Crocker?

I wasn’t really watching nrl when manase was playing, so just seeing what youse all think of his abilities on the field? If he can be cleared and return to the field and can get back to his old skill level, would you say he would take the starting hooker spot from Crocker?
He absolutely would but I've been holding on to hope for too long already. I recommend forgetting about it as an option.

He wasn't with a big group, he knows who did the stabbing you would think. When it comes down to whether he did it or is failing to name who did it, either way, he can cop the consequences.

Of course he could resume playing if he gets out. He’s young, fitness wouldn’t be an issue. DCE is 34. He could pick up where he left off. If he gets out, he certainly owes us a contract. He’d certainly be a step up from Croker. Mr Tong and he would be a very good pairing.

Of course he could resume playing if he gets out. He’s young, fitness wouldn’t be an issue. DCE is 34. He could pick up where he left off. If he gets out, he certainly owes us a contract. He’d certainly be a step up from Croker. Mr Tong and he would be a very good pairing.
It's a long road back.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8