Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
T
Really does anyone think we’ll see Manase playing FG in 2023??

I don’t , a bridge too far in my opinion.

He’s either

Going to the big house

Or

Starting from scratch in Reggie’s

And remember he hasn’t played a minute of football in almost 3 years.
This is where I believe the NRL should make some amendments to the no fault stand down policy. Fair enough, players can't play in the NRL until proven guilty or innocent. But they should be allowed to play in some capacity in the mean time in NSW cup.

Cut ties - thank you but can't wait any longer - sue the NRL if you dont like it. How long do you expect the club to wait. Time to move along. #fed-up....

Cut ties - thank you but can't wait any longer - sue the NRL if you dont like it. How long do you expect the club to wait. Time to move along. #fed-up....
If he is innocent, it's hardly his fault. One is too hope if he gets his career back to where it was left off he will repay the clubs generosity around contract time. Besides we have come this far may as well ride the wave out now

If he is innocent, it's hardly his fault. One is too hope if he gets his career back to where it was left off he will repay the clubs generosity around contract time. Besides we have come this far may as well ride the wave out now
I agree,but what I worry is that if he’s cleared and in a year or two’s time he says he needs to recoup the money he lost/didn’t get,from being out of the game so he wants more money out of Manly or he’s offered big $$$ elsewhere

Not saying it's his fault but how long does the club has to suffer for it. Time to move along - another year or two is too much.

I agree,but what I worry is that if he’s cleared and in a year or two’s time he says he needs to recoup the money he lost/didn’t get,from being out of the game so he wants more money out of Manly or he’s offered big $$$ elsewhere
I suppose he could. But manly have been paying him not to play last few years. I suppose his character/ integrity will be at test if it plays out that way

Not saying it's his fault but how long does the club has to suffer for it. Time to move along - another year or two is too much.
I dont think the club has really suffered from it persay.. he isn't on our cap and I mean the club has had more than enough time to plan around his absence. It turns out Croker was the plan! I would of gone cust personally, I think he is has the makings of good footballer. But nevertheless, the fiasco should all be over and done with by the end of the year, and closure along with it

Court case aside for a moment...

Didn't he still have multiple shoulder surgeries since 2019 despite not playing for years?

If so, reasonable questions to ask would be, how far off the pace will he be if he plays again after a 3-year layoff? And how well or how long will his shoulder hold up in the week to week grind playing one of the most physically demanding positions?

To be fair he is on a train and trial atm so any suffering we are doing is from our own decision making in filling that gap.

Cutting him now achieves nothing

Court case aside for a moment...

Didn't he still have multiple shoulder surgeries since 2019 despite not playing for years?

If so, reasonable questions to ask would be, how far off the pace will he be if he plays again after a 3-year layoff? And how well or how long will his shoulder hold up in the week to week grind playing one of the most physically demanding positions?
This is my main concern, we could have a Micheal Morgan situation

But that’s not the point.The argument was that Croker won’t be a GF winning hooker which suggests it’s his doing that they won’t win.But you’re suggesting it’s the team around him that can win it.Would the Roosters win that GF with Croker as 9?I believe they would.So that means Croker isn’t the issue as such,but the team around him(not sure I’m putting my point across clearly with this wording)

I don't think so....Verrills is at least level 12. Okay, he doesn't have his summoned mount or holy sword yet, but he sure as **** has a +2 magical sword of quickness, a set of full plate (non magical), a bag of holding (type II), and a shield+2 of dispel. Possibly even a broach of shielding. Along with all his natural abilities (including lay-on-hands), he's very self sustainable.

Croker on the otherhand is probably level 5. He's actually just found a non magical suit of chainmail & warhammer, and started adventuring properly. Yeah he's got divine sense and divine smite, but still doesn't have aura of protection or sacred oath. He absolutely needs his party members (particularly DPS classes) given his lack of attacking ability at this level.

I'm sure all thisl makes sense.

1652139800347.png

Manase has natural talent and you don’t lose that, you lose match fitness and adapting to changes in the rules.

Just look at Te Maire Martin at the Broncos, as he’s not travelling too badly with almost 6 years out of the game.
Good point.
Although for the record Te Maire’s last game was 26 April 2019. He returned to NRL on 22 April 2022. A gap of almost exactly 3 years.
Manase’s last game was 20 September 2019 so if he can make it back by the end of this year it will be a similar time away.

Fainu's emergence and then subsequent off the field charge was a huge sliding doors moment.

If it happened a year earlier, Api stays at Manly and Penrith are perhaps the team that are missing a quality 9. I doubt they win the premiership without him.

Not sure if Manly would have won with him last year but it certainly would have helped!

Good point.
Although for the record Te Maire’s last game was 26 April 2019. He returned to NRL on 22 April 2022. A gap of almost exactly 3 years.
Manase’s last game was 20 September 2019 so if he can make it back by the end of this year it will be a similar time away.
Although the difference is that Te Maire Martin played in NZ in 2021 for a local team with his brother.Granted it’s nowhere near NRL standard,but he still played and had contact work in a game situation.Where as Fainu hasn’t played any footy what so ever

To be fair he is on a train and trial atm so any suffering we are doing is from our own decision making in filling that gap.

Cutting him now achieves nothing
Except gives us the motivation to buy in a genuine hooker rather than waiting for the prodigal son to return. I'm over it. How many more seasons...

Spain apparently only runs trial by jury for a limited number of offences, whereas in Australia there is a right to be tried by a jury of your peers for any charge prosecuted on indictment (District or Supreme Court). Covid 19 has caused massive delays to jury trials, for obvious reasons.

No, pretty sure his trial is in July, all the preliminaries are over now.
Can you choose a judge only trial ?? and if so can they be processed quicker ??

If you are so confident of your innocence why not just get the trial over and done with - jury or no jury

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10