Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I can understand the Club standing by Manase - they are legally required to for season 2021 anyway given he was under contract for this year. I can also see why the Club would want to take an each way bet on 2022 onwards.

But the issue is now there are two of the best hookers in the competition on the market for season 2022 onwards - McInnes and B.Smith. If these guys weren't available, I would be OK with our gamble but like others here I am now nervous...

I am relatively confident of this situation being resolved one way or another this year. Unlike DH1 and DH2 that have been in court over the last few weeks, Manase's case will involve witnesses so the dreaded "he said, she said" will be avoided.

Isn't it odd B.Smith has been told he can leave considering his talent level and C.Smith's age? Usually that is a precursor to some bad juju...

I can understand the Club standing by Manase - they are legally required to for season 2021 anyway given he was under contract for this year. I can also see why the Club would want to take an each way bet on 2022 onwards.

But the issue is now there are two of the best hookers in the competition on the market for season 2022 onwards - McInnes and B.Smith. If these guys weren't available, I would be OK with our gamble but like others here I am now nervous...

I am relatively confident of this situation being resolved one way or another this year. Unlike DH1 and DH2 that have been in court over the last few weeks, Manase's case will involve witnesses so the dreaded "he said, she said" will be avoided.

Trouble is it’s like a game of blackjack, do I take that extra card sitting on 15 or sit and hope the dealer goes bust.

Sadly it’s not often that TWO top line hookers are coming on the market so if we roll the dice and lose well we are not only behind the 8 ball for 2021 but potentially for a few years to come.

Sign Brandon Smith NOW. I'm sorry but we have to let him go. Thus could be another De Bellin case. We cannot carry someone who maybe out for 2 or more years due to their actions off field and not football related. This is a business and we need a quality #9.
Because even if we have our starting 13 fully fit comes finals time it won’t matter without a quality number 9 we won’t be a threat.

We need a quality 9 from Round 1. Crocker or Cust are not the solution. They are not hookers they are halves.
I reckon Cust will do a great job. The problem is he probably won't play 80 and also if he gets injured which he seems to do a lot in his early career. Agreed though, we definitely need to add a 9 to complete the squad. With our new back signings I'd even be happy to move on Walker straight away for Mcinness. I can't see Smith coming here

Last edited:
With his case set for 26th July and expected to take 3 weeks he would only be available for the last 2 games. May as well put a line through his name this year!
And I assume the NRL pays his salary “ cap free “ until then as well so our exposure ( cost wise ) for 2021 is minimal

Last edited:
I think those suggesting we cut Manase loose are forgetting:
He has very talented brothers coming through.
He’s tight with the other Western Sydney boys.
He is a great player who we recently extended.

Last edited:
I think those suggesting we cut Manase loose are forgetting:
He has very talented brothers coming through.
He’s right with the other Western Sydney boys.
He is a great player who we recently extended.
Exactly... not much forethought applied on here at times. If we were to sign Smith by sacking Manase It would p1ss of Suli, Schuster, Funa and the entire Fainu family. Ask the Eels how that worked out.

What if he is proven innocent of the charges he is accused of? What a disaster that would be. All because people demanded we sign a hooker NOW, NOW, NOW.

The acquisition of Saab, Tuipolotu, Davey, Aloiai and Foran shows that the coaching staff are well aware of what players the club needs. I’m sure they can see much clearer than any of us think we can. Make the right decisions without emotion clouding their judgement.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10