Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I do think we can afford to go another season with a makeshift hooker. Froggy did a really good job and exceeded expectations and I would love to see a running hooker with a kicking game on the bench to compliment what Froggy does. The club is to be admired for showing loyalty and support to Fainu and its sad that this court drama drags on and on and there is yet another injury cloud. I think it would be wise to invest in another 9 to add that zip that the top teams have.

I get the standing by Manase, very noble indeed. But it's the rest of the players who are being let down by not recruiting a proper 9. The premiership window is now. Although Croker has improved we need a better 9. Still paying a guy who hasn't played for 2 years is crazy.

Question being would his shoulder have recovered normally if he hadn't allegedly been jumping an alleged fence at an alleged church dance?
Well, the one thing he has is time, he has 8 to 9 mths anyway at the earliest before he can play again. So will have plenty of time to recover. The biggest hurdle though....is getting Fainu cleared..

so just to clear up the facts here.

the article that @Luke_m speaks of is.........

current today or from last year?

would be a good starting point to know before we all go bat-**** crazy....

I think its well and truly time to move on from Fainu. Even if he wins his court case, it sounds like his shoulder issues are still ongoing and after more than 2 years out of the game, how's he going to be fit enough to play in the NRL? I don't think its fair on the club, the players and the fans to be waiting for him to become available. Enough is enough and I think Manly have given Fainu a lot of support for little in return.

Sunk cost - we’ve gone this far so I’d still stand by fainu and give him every chance

However considering the shoulder worries too I don’t see why we don’t sign Api or someone of that level of quality (and later age) on a 2 year deal on decent coin.

Even if Fainu returns he won’t be 80 mins fit till 2023 and can go to #14 with Walker back to centres.

Realistically we have a 2 year, maybe 3 (depending on development), premiership window - its all pinned on DCE. Realistically (again) we won’t get another 7 of DCE’s current quality for quite some time so whilst he’s still playing great footy we need to sieze the moment.

Given Fainu's football ability (& that of his brothers), it is not surprising the club is giving him full support. As a fan, I hope there will be opportunity to see him play again. Unless he is cleared in court, we will never know if he can replicate this form...

Hey guys , 1st comment, if you get the chance , go watch Latu play.
However this delemia plays out ,Latu,s form this year left me on the sidelines , speechless. Therefor he must not end up at Bondi. Watched every game he played including assisting Josh to 6 tries … his skills are obvious, but man is he strong. Hope he stays on track. But agree, a running Hooker in 2022 would be great.

Wooow sounds like Fainu may never play again even if he does get cleared at court. His shoulder for a young kid is already finished. It’s time to chase a classy 9 and stop worrying about Fainu we can’t win a comp without a classy 9.

Suspended Manly hooker Manase Fainu hasn’t played a game for two years but he will remarkably need to go under the knife again to repair his troublesome shoulder after a training mishap.

There were fears Fainu’s career may have come to a premature end but surgeons have given the 23-year-old hope that he will recover from his latest setback.

Fainu’s left shoulder popped out during a training drill recently - he is allowed to continue training with Manly even though he has been stood down by the NRL’s no-fault policy since the end of 2019, Covid-19 having dragged out his court appearance.

Even if he had been cleared to play, he would have remained sidelined because of his ongoing shoulder problems, which started when he had a staph infection that deteriorated his reconstructed shoulder.

Medical experts believe Fainu can make a recovery with a plan to tighten his shoulder with a skin graft from his hamstring. While the NRL website lists Fainu as contracted for next season, it is understood no deal has been registered with head office and won’t be until he is cleared by the courts.

He will be allowed to continue to train with Manly while he awaits his court date - he is expected to front court in July.
Is this a recent report

However this delemia plays out ,Latu,s form this year left me on the sidelines , speechless. Therefor he must not end up at Bondi. Watched every game he played including assisting Josh to 6 tries … his skills are obvious, but man is he strong. Hope he stays on track. But agree, a running Hooker in 2022 would be great.
Welcome aboard JD.
He looks the real deal, hope he keeps playing for us.

Latu,s form this year left me on the sidelines , speechless.
Agree, he appears to have the full skill set and also has some pace. He is possibly more impressive than Schuster was at the same age. If his progress continues, I would expect him to make his NRL debut when he is 18.

I think its well and truly time to move on from Fainu. Even if he wins his court case, it sounds like his shoulder issues are still ongoing and after more than 2 years out of the game, how's he going to be fit enough to play in the NRL? I don't think its fair on the club, the players and the fans to be waiting for him to become available. Enough is enough and I think Manly have given Fainu a lot of support for little in return.
One thing in his favour though, he's only 23 and also the fact Manly/Des have stuck with Fainu for the long haul with the promise of future rewards. We'd look pretty stupid to pull the pin on him now.

Agree, he appears to have the full skill set and also has some pace. He is possibly more impressive than Schuster was at the same age. If his progress continues, I would expect him to make his NRL debut when he is 18.
Yeah amazing talent him and schuster in same side wow. You can see now why the bulldogs where trying to get Scott Fulton he done and amazing job with our juniors

I’m completely fine with waiting on Manase. We are not paying him under the cap at the moment so basically we have an option over him should his court proceedings resolve in his favour.

I think Crocker has done a great job and while Manase would take our attack to the next level, I believe it is our attitude in defence that is the real problem to solve. That, and some more go forward from our big boppers. I look at the Storm and Rabbitohs games and wonder how Manase would have helped us in either game.

Welcome to Silvertails Jon

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8