Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
NRL lists our top 30 but no Fainu. Only 27 named...

NRL lists our top 30 but no Fainu. Only 27 named...
once his original contract expired the NRL said they wouldnt register a new one until its resolved. so he works for manly really as a ............

It is not an effective policy IMO.

I mean he may be guilty, and if so, off to jail you go but if found not guilty the price he has paid is far too steep.

With the contract renewal he could have been on 600-800k, possible rep payments, sponsorship $$

I dunno, maybe a mandatory 12 month stand down (or until its resolved if sooner) and then stood down again whilst in court...I dunno its tough

Last edited:
This is the NRL page that allegedly tracks clubs top 30.

Can't say its 100% accurate as Sione Fainu still on there despite signing with Tigers from all reports. But definitely no Manase in our Top 30 at this stage. We have 27 confirmed but obviously De Luis and Roumanos are getting named in match squad too so a bit confusing as to where they sit.

If found guilty it would be a long time before he plays for us or any other club.
He is looking at 13 years max for the main charge..
First offender, good personal references, best lawyer money can buy... unlikely he will get more than 8 if found guilty... then you have good behaviour reduction...
All depends on the evidence presented of course but I would think there is a solid chance that Manase could be found guilty and still not serve more than 3-4 years (minus time served)...

Of course the NRL may not register him again... it is only women bashers that get a 2nd chance...

Can you imagine the circus when the trial runs especially if Manly is locked in a battle for top 4. The potential for distraction will be almost impossible to avoid. Of course, if he is found not guilty it could give the squad a massive psychological boost going into finals. Will be an interesting couple of weeks that's for sure.

I dunno, maybe a mandatory 12 month stand down (or until its resolved) and then stood down again whilst in court...I dunno its tough

No, it's really not tough at all.

Where the NRL completely let themselves down is the random inconsistency in when they apply their rule, and to which clubs it applies.

It was originally sold as being triggered by possible 11 year jail terms and alledged crimes against women.

The examples of alledged crimes against women are numerous, and the stand down is inconsistently applied.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8