Mandatory stand down for concussion introduced

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member

NRL players to miss at least one match after suffering concussion​

Story by Adam Pengilly • 2h ago

The NRL will force players diagnosed with a category one concussion to miss at least one match in a landmark decision for the code.

As revealed by the Herald on Monday, after months of discussion the NRL will implement a mandatory 11-day stand down period for any player diagnosed with a brain injury.

The rule is set to be implemented from round three.

It comes as Newcastle Knights star Kalyn Ponga, one of the highest-paid players in the game, faces an indefinite period off the field after suffering his fourth concussion in 10 months last Sunday.

Attachments

• 1678852993325.png
    1678852993325.png
    68 bytes · Views: 1

NRL players to miss at least one match after suffering concussion​

Story by Adam Pengilly • 2h ago

The NRL will force players diagnosed with a category one concussion to miss at least one match in a landmark decision for the code.

As revealed by the Herald on Monday, after months of discussion the NRL will implement a mandatory 11-day stand down period for any player diagnosed with a brain injury.

The rule is set to be implemented from round three.

It comes as Newcastle Knights star Kalyn Ponga, one of the highest-paid players in the game, faces an indefinite period off the field after suffering his fourth concussion in 10 months last Sunday.
That's a good move.
I just wonder about clubs that rush players back from other injuries . . .

I can understand the reason but what happens if your gun fullback or halfback gets concussed in a preliminary final and now can't play the grand final? The player works his ass off to make that grand final but the mandatory 11 days will rule him out which is wrong. 😔

I can understand the reason but what happens if your gun fullback or halfback gets concussed in a preliminary final and now can't play the grand final? The player works his ass off to make that grand final but the mandatory 11 days will rule him out which is wrong. 😔

Like all things NRL, it will depend on the player, and more importantly, which club said player actually plays for.

I've thought for a while there should be a weekend off between the prelims and the GF. NFL do it and it only adds to the hype.

State of Origin and GFs will definitely be interesting times!
Especially as SOO are all on a Wednesday, so potentially anyone failing an HIA in an origin game is ok to play the following Sunday. I know it's a slim chance of this happening but there is still a chance.

Did anyone notice that this edict from the NRL has come down the day after a group of ex-AFL players take the league to court over concussion injuries???

Need a week off between semi and grand final now.

I like the rule. I like forcing depth. Firstly it means teams will have to place some emphasis on their reserve grade pool and it's development, which should stream down to junior football at some point. Secondly, those top heavy teams will be tested.

Who,s to say certain players would be targeted as to get them out of the game, could be used as a ploy, conspiracy theory here

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4