Manly Blew It

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agreed mate, Perry looked to have things under control and was doing a good job when he was at the club.

He should not have been sacked. Unfortunately he was aligned to Quantum and his big mistake was sacking Zorba which ended up leading to his own demise.
I hope zorba is happy he has deadset ****ed the club

I watched at least one try against us last week where Snake's lack of effort in defence did not go unnoticed by me. I hope there was a reason for it and that it is not due to systemic issues that have affected the team over the last few years,

Also, and I will get howled down for this, if there is to be a clean out and rebuild then the rumours about us shopping around for a hooker are welcomed by me. Matt Ballin has been a terrific servant of the club but he seems to offer very little in attack these days and his ball distribution has a "tired" appearance to it. Making 40 tackles a game is admirable but a fast, attacking hooker is necessary in the modern game.

Exactly. Look at how the bunnies set up a fair chunk of their tries. Big forwards roll forward, suck in 3-4 defenders, Luke shoots out of dummy half, and then links up to a fast outside back. Seems undefendable at times? Similar to James Segeyaro - hooker of the year. He is electric out of dummy half. Would hate to see Ballin go before he retires though! Club legend and still a leader and we need him over the next 2 years. But looking to the future, big ball playing forwards, a decent pair of young halves (that have a good kicking game) and dangerous hooker. The rest of the forwards just need to work hard and defend. Defense and attitude win games. If we can rebuild a big skillfull pack, id be happy throwing Elgey and Rudolph in the halves working with Johns and Lyons as long as we have a pack to help them out. Didn't rate Reynolds too much 2 years ago, looks great now with that pack going forward.

Quantum & Perry were building the future squad around DCE. When the Penns took over all that changed.

Kelly (with the Penns backing) weren't going to tolerate the DCE/Orr negotiating tactics and cut him loose. At the time they probably hoped to keep Foran but ultimately the $$$ from the eels was to much to resist.

The up side is for the past 2 years, all of the recruiting has been formulated around the money put aside for the 2 halves. That's now been freed up and they have plenty of options for how to spend it.
There'll be tough days in the short term but I'm confident the club will come out stronger in the long term.

The way I see it

Killer and Brett are probably on $600k a year or thereabouts.

It makes no sense whatsoever to offer anyone double that money, not SBW not Hayne, not Thurston, not Sam Burgess and defineatley not DCE or Foran.

I think the right decision was made to let them go, it just should of been made 12 months ago.

Agree with bob, well said mate.

I'm very sad to see them going but I'm happy the club didn't pay over $800K ea. No idea why so much value has been placed on Foran, crazy stuff! IMO neither of them are worth that much $$, I don't think any player should be when total cap for the team is $6.5M. Average it out and the club has about $260,000 to spend per player. Keep the faith people, we'll bounce back.

And for what it is worth, I really hope Toovey stays and is given full support of the owners, from the outside looking in he continues to do a fantastic job during a very difficult time!

Foran has been a myth at this club-good, solid type-gritty and tough. He will slow dramatically as he ages, getting pounded week after week in the NRL.
DCE was different. I think the club backed the wrong horse.
Foran can piss off, and let's move on.
I would keep Cherry here this year and boot Foran immediately.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6