Manly board meeting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
tookey link said:
Will they be breath testing all board members before tonights meeting? 

Anyone who fails should resign on the spot.  That should free up 5 new postions.
just alcohol

cos theres a few dopes in that group

DSM5 link said:
That was the issue in the press up until recently.  I can only go on what is released in the press and, like you, killing the chicken and checking out the entrails.
  So on one hand you lambast others here for going on press speculation and reporting it as fact, where by your own admission you're guilty of the same.

And I can assure you I have far more than the press to go on. 

Wouldn't the Penn family purchase of the Leagues Club give it control of the Clubs vote on the board, and therefore give it the numbers to wrestle control of the board from Max Delmege?

Maybe CC!!!

As I said earlier in this post we need to wait and see the results of tonights meeting, and then take the appropriate action.

Getting the 50 signatures needed for a "please explain" meeting shouldn't be hard.

As I also said there's possibly more to this than meets the eye and maybe CC has hit the nail on the head.

All we can do is wait (and hope and pray it all gets sorted)

CLT COMMANDER link said:
Wouldn't the Penn family purchase of the Leagues Club give it control of the Clubs vote on the board, and therefore give it the numbers to wrestle control of the board from Max Delmege?
No.  It would then be 3 versus 4 unless the football club clowns are forced to be representative of the club's supporter base, rather than their own personal self interest.

theres something very suss going on with the footy club

its been report that bob reilly is there tonight for sibraa who is on holidays.

Funny thing is sibraa isnt on holidays until monday.

Who smells a rat???

If the sale of the leagues club building goes ahead the Penn family will only own the building not the leagues club itself.
I have a business and our offices are rented - The landlord can't use that to influence my Football Club or Leagues Club membership voting rights

Get rid of the entire board and start again

its the only way to clean this thing up, its heading to a beagles disaster where just a hint of scum was still enough to cause problems.

Fluffy link said:
Get rid of the entire board and start again

its the only way to clean this thing up, its heading to a beagles disaster where just a hint of scum was still enough to cause problems.
Great idea except that 4 of the seats are held by the owners. The agenda of the football club members and leagues club member are less known, though the opposition to Mayer and Penn is based on something else apart from the dishonest and misleading 'Let's keep Manly at Brookie' red herring they threw out recently.

Matas I started my contribution on this page with 'If', that doesn't signify I know for sure that's the fact.  An apology would be nice.

DSM5 link said:
Watch the 'dishonest and misleading' Canteen.  Them's fighting and suing words.
Nuh - just obvious.

Reilly put out in the letter to members that the reason for their stand was to protect Manly from being moved to Gosford, something he knew could never happen. Therefore it was a 'red herring' designed to win emotive support of members, much along the lines of Max's attempt this morning - "I will sell the club back to members'.

As they are resorting to obfuscation, what are they trying to hide? Why not be up front???

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=179922.msg216679#msg216679 date=1238567826]
Watch the 'dishonest and misleading' Canteen.  Them's fighting and suing words.
Nuh - just obvious.

Reilly put out in the letter to members that the reason for their stand was to protect Manly from being moved to Gosford, something he knew could never happen. Therefore it was a 'red herring' designed to win emotive support of members, much along the lines of Max's attempt this morning - "I will sell the club back to members'.

As they are resorting to obfuscation, what are they trying to hide? Why not be up front???
[/quote]
a la Children overboard, an old tactic but a goodie.

these board members need to think that they were once like us Passionate fans and not in it for their agenda's that is digging a deep hole

Hey BE, what time do you think the first news reports will filter through & are you staying up?

DSM5 link said:
Matas I started my contribution on this page with 'If', that doesn't signify I know for sure that's the fact.  An apology would be nice.
  Harden up you big sook.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4