Manly board meeting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
to answer u wheel i would say 11pm qld time
thats when it filtered through last time

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Cliffy Gc link=topic=179922.msg216728#msg216728 date=1238583833]
to answer u wheel i would say 11pm qld time
thats when it filtered through last time
We don't have a time machine to go back to the 1950s though.
[/quote]
Ive got lots of time
Im an execlusive Silvertails only poster now :) (sorry fluffy and co for my spelling errors)

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Have you deserted MWSE Cliffy??
no mark
its the other way
ive been given a holiday obviously because i was an outspoken mayer fan
apparently i lost all 100 points for villifcation :)
ah well I CANT AND WONT BE SILENCED

Why is our coach getting involed in this boardroom stoush, he is employed to win us games and he is being distracted by this melodrama.

Des ultimatley got his way and all credit to him for that, but the mere fact that a team without a win has its coach distracted by boardroom brawling does not sit well with me.

Delmege was roundly lambasted for getting involved with recruitment, Russel Crowe ridiculed for his coaching at Souths and I can see nothing good in the long term with Des getting involved in boardroom debates. Coaches should coach and boards do whatever they do, but they should not be mixed.

Without being in the room I suspect Des would have said something like" Youy fools are crazt, you are affecting the team now sort it out or this season in as good as gone"

No it was more Probably like #$%^ you @#$%$ it is #$%^time you @#$$% grew up and that @#$% Gallop would be happy to see you @#$% acting like this

Pete, I think it was only Des's plea and clearly outlining what is best for the team that got the board to realise just how damaging their actions have been.

ManlyBacker link said:
Pete, I think it was only Des's plea and clearly outlining what is best for the team that got the board to realise just how damaging their actions have been.

Des is a legend, and I would like to see his evolvement in the club well after his coaching career is finished.

MB I think you on the money there. It was basically an impassionate plea telling the board to reconcile their differences for the good of the team, club and fans.

OneEyedEagle link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=179922.msg216786#msg216786 date=1238622818]

Des is a legend, and I would like to see his evolvement in the club well after his coaching career is finished.

MB I think you on the money there. It was basically an impassionate plea telling the board to reconcile their differences for the good of the team, club and fans.

[/quote]

Like a good school teacher would - ie telling the little children to behave... or else  ;)

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=179922.msg216736#msg216736 date=1238586756]
no mark
its the other way
[/quote]

How can a supporter be banned for supporting the club's CEO? 

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

kingyfan link said:
[quote author=Cliffy Gc link=topic=179922.msg216738#msg216738 date=1238587144]
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=179922.msg216736#msg216736 date=1238586756]
no mark
its the other way
[/quote]

[/quote]I think its more because i attacked football club board members but i really dont know.
Either way it doesnt really matter because we got the result required last night.

So as far as im concerned i can live with a little holiday from MWSE.

My only issue is that Dj Spook can get on there and lie about the news article posted in september saying max didnt want it out before the grand final and he stays.

Ah well im thinking about this game on the weekend and if we lose again i might completely lose the plot :p

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=kingyfan link=topic=179922.msg216837#msg216837 date=1238630323]
[quote author=Cliffy Gc link=topic=179922.msg216738#msg216738 date=1238587144]
no mark
its the other way
[/quote]

[/quote]I think its more because i attacked football club board members but i really dont know.
Either way it doesnt really matter because we got the result required last night.

So as far as im concerned i can live with a little holiday from MWSE.

My only issue is that Dj Spook can get on there and lie about the news article posted in september saying max didnt want it out before the grand final and he stays.

Ah well im thinking about this game on the weekend and if we lose again i might completely lose the plot :p
[/quote]

If the football club board members were doing their job then no-one would attack them.  Supporters who contribute financially to the club should be able to voice their opinion provided it is not slanderous.

ManlyBacker link said:

If the board had not alraedy realised that then every single one of them should immediatley resign. It would be my guess that of the 8000 odd people that went to Brookvale last Monday night 7,950 knew that the actions of the board were detrimental to the performance of the team.

To be fair let's say that I think the board as a whole probably realised that what they were doing wasn't good for the club.Blind Freddy could tell you they all had to sit down and act like responsible adults, not like sploit children.

Whilst most comments here are critical, I'd like to praise them for  having the sense to do what they have done...sure there's been a LOT of pressure to do so BUT you have to say they have come a LONG LONG way.

Now lets play Footy!!

And Cliffy, it's only a suspension, not a life sentance, you'll be back......I just need to mediate between two good mates now to bring an end to the "other" war....I love you both (not the way Lucy loves you) and just want to see all SEQ fans in one BIG HAPPY FAMILY!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7