Manly dragged into Essendon mess

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They just had Paul Kent on The Grill Team and geez this bloke is just rubbing his hands together waiting for the NRL to fall apart, In a nutshell he said the NRL had more to worry about than the AFL.

Courier Mail has a story saying vials of urine were found hidden at the Titans home ground.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/bomb-sweep-police-find-hidden-stash-of-urine-samples-at-titans-home-ground/story-e6frep7o-1226573027718

niccipops said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
The Admiral said:
Lets be very clear here. The is nothing illegal about calfs blood …
Oh yeah? What if rustlers stole some cows and then sold them to Des and Dr dank, and then Des got some blood from one of the stolen cows? Wouldn't that be illegal?
I heard that the cows were delivered by bandidos. They were riding pillion to Narrabeen on the back of harleys and they weren't wearing helmets.
No helmets? that's illegal!

Guzzler said:
They just had Paul Kent on The Grill Team and geez this bloke is just rubbing his hands together waiting for the NRL to fall apart, In a nutshell he said the NRL had more to worry about than the AFL.

Courier Mail has a story saying vials of urine were found hidden at the Titans home ground.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/bomb-sweep-police-find-hidden-stash-of-urine-samples-at-titans-home-ground/story-e6frep7o-1226573027718

Did Jason Taylor play for them ;0)

Noithing has changed from when the Brett Stewart story broke. These News Ltd hacks are running around screaming doping headlines everywhere with no facts and trying their best to bring us down in the process.In fact now they are pulling out of rugby league after their failed super league bid they are trying to pull down the NRL. When we are found to be in the clear this prick Kent will once again be proved to be a nothing piece of **** that he is.

MANLY head strength and conditioning coach Don Singe is confident the Sea Eagles will be cleared of any wrongdoing once the audit of the club is complete.

The Sea Eagles' link with Stephen Dank, the performance scientist who had been injecting supplements into players at Essendon last year, stretches from 2006 through to 2010.

But Singe is adamant the club followed the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority guidelines when it came to the use of supplements.

''I came to the club in 2003 when Des [Hasler] took over and I've been the head of all the physical applications in the strength and conditioning in our club since then,'' Singe said.

Advertisement ''I've been there through all our grand finals and I was Des' right-hand man. I was in charge of the entire operation.

''The only thing I can say is that I assure [you] that the process under my club and the professionals that I work with, we always follow the rules to the letter of ASADA.

''I'm very, very confident. I've had the privilege of having very experienced and capable players who we have a very strong trust relationship between each other. I am confident that this hasn't happened under my watch.'' Singe, who admitted to using calves' blood at the club in previous seasons, said there was constant communication between all the medical staff at the club.

He believes it would've been impossible for a player to have illicit supplement injections at the club without him knowing.

''I was involved in all processes, as I should've been,'' he said. ''As for supplementation, every club uses supplementation, ours is BSC.

''In terms of the medical aspects, Doctor Paul Bloomfield was our doctor and I and the physio worked very, very closely to ensure everything was always above board.

''We all know about the Actovegin, the calves' blood as you call it, we all know that it was legal and we know that it originally came from AFL for soft-tissue injuries. That's what we used it for. Even then it was used scarcely,'' Singe said.

''We don't use it any more because it didn't have enough merit in it to be carried on as a medical supplement.''

SMH 8/2/2013

TBH the NRL lag behind the AFL.
The NRL are starting a integrity commission now and the AFL has had one for some years now.
This investigations have been going on for over 12 months now and they know who these players are - SO NAME AND STOP BRINGING THE GAME DOWN. One might think this might have something to do with Ryan Tandy and the information he has given them.....
I think we will be cleared as a club but who knows anything about individuals.

I remember reading a survey quite a few years ago, of elite sportsman.

The survey question was - "if you could take a drug and be at the top of your sport for 10 years, but then after the 10 years you died, would you take the drug".

A surprisingly high percentage of sportsman said yes, they would take it.

It just goes to show the lengths some people will go to, to be at the top.

Let’s see some initiative by the RLIC...seeing as some clubs, ours included, have been named regarding their sports science units being " raided", once they have collected the information they are after, then how about either announcing them as either clear of any wrong doing ASAP.....???? We were apparently the first club who's computers and offices were also forensically investigated re salary cap audit and no announcement since to my knowledge...Wouldn't it be in the NRL's interest to be clearing clubs in this instance , as they go, instead of allowing all clubs to be placed under this black cloud of controversy ?? Would a club have any grounds to sue should it be found that they are innocent of any of these claims, and the NRL sat on this info, allowing conjecture to remain and thus causing further unnecessary damage to "the brand" ??

Either way they need to get the results of the findings out there & stop being so "broad" about it.
All of a sudden I have little to no interest in tomorrow nights game, where as previously I had been hanging out for some footy for ages.

Clint said:

The survey question was - "if you could take a drug and be at the top of your sport for 10 years, but then after the 10 years you died, would you take the drug".

I don't think its just to get to the top these days, I reckon a heap of young blokes in there early 20's are just doing it these days for body image.

I'm 36 and looking at some of the young blokes down the Pub they appear to have double in size since I was that age.

or maybe it's just the spare I am carrying around the mid section that makes me feel that way:D

mickqld said:
Noithing has changed from when the Brett Stewart story broke. These News Ltd hacks are running around screaming doping headlines everywhere with no facts and trying their best to bring us down in the process.In fact now they are pulling out of rugby league after their failed super league bid they are trying to pull down the NRL. When we are found to be in the clear this prick Kent will once again be proved to be a nothing piece of s**t that he is.
like a fellow manly supporter mate said,the media mainly went with us mostly,yet there were 12 other clubs as well,and Allan Jones named them all this morning,noone gets bashed in the media more than us

Guzzler said:
Clint said:

I don't think its just to get to the top these days, I reckon a heap of young blokes in there early 20's are just doing it these days for body image.

I'm 36 and looking at some of the young blokes down the Pub they appear to have double in size since I was that age.

or maybe it's just the spare I am carrying around the mid section that makes me feel that way:D

I think it is because kids are starting to regularly visit the gym in their early to mid teens. There is so much pressure on teenagers to be big and strong these days, even if it is causing irreparable damage to their bodies.

I'm constantly smirking at how they have "he man" muscles but wear slip-on shoes (plimsolls), have no body hair, and dyed hair up top. These guys are straight apparently.

Shoe1 said:
I'm constantly smirking at how they have "he man" muscles but wear slip-on shoes (plimsolls), have no body hair, and dyed hair up top. These guys are straight apparently.

You just described 99% of the 20 somethings that drink at my local;)

Rambo1987 said:
The NRL are starting a integrity commission now and the AFL has had one for some years now.

How has having that helped the AFL? They were on the stage yesterday just like the NRL boss. It hasn't prevented the Essendon debacle.

Rambo1987 said:
This investigations have been going on for over 12 months now and they know who these players are - SO NAME AND STOP BRINGING THE GAME DOWN. One might think this might have something to do with Ryan Tandy and the information he has given them.....
I think we will be cleared as a club but who knows anything about individuals.

You have to wonder just how good the AFL system was that they missed all of this...

The Tandy incident is a good example of the poor leadership shown by Gallop as that should have seen the ramping up of commission to deal with outside influences.

The good from this matter is that the cross-code work into the governing body will make it very hard for influences to flit between codes and remain undetected for long.

Guzzler said:
Shoe1 said:

I feel sorry for the 20 something girls out there - what a sorry bunch their contemporary blokes are - best advice, never date a man prettier than you - he'll steal all your moisturiser.

Guzzler said:
Shoe1 said:

Do they look something like this??

[attachment=411]

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8