Manly fire sale: likely homes for potential Sea Eagles discards Peta Hiku, Jamie Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whey are people saying we are flicking buhrer to sign brown? We signed brown 6 months ago, has nothing to do with it. Buhrer will be moved on so we can sign someone who's a better player than him, in the clubs mind. And if that's cordner or klemmer I'd agree.

Whey are people saying we are flicking buhrer to sign brown? We signed brown 6 months ago, has nothing to do with it. Buhrer will be moved on so we can sign someone who's a better player than him, in the clubs mind. And if that's cordner or klemmer I'd agree.
My question is why Brown in the first place? And if they can do an about face on Ballin, why can't they hang Brown out if they want some cash. Getting rid of Buhrer would be a real bad move IMO.

My question is why Brown in the first place? And if they can do an about face on Ballin, why can't they hang Brown out if they want some cash. Getting rid of Buhrer would be a real bad move IMO.

Well a nz international isn't a bad signing. And ballin was coming to the end and we've signed 2 hookers. It will only be a bad move if we can't get someone better than him. If we can't, then we wouldn't.

Because Trent is the coach and he believes Brown will suit his teams structure .
Will Trent be vindicated on this decision ? . Will Buhrer be the same player he was when he recovers from another knee operation ?.
Stay tuned and all this will be reviled . Until then take a deep breath soak up the great build up to our 2016 season and relax and keep smiling as We support the greatest team of all . The mighty Sea eagles !!! :)

Titans to target Peta Hiku if Kiwi back is released by Manly
NOVEMBER 19, 20157:18PM

THE off-season player market rollercoaster took another twist on Thursday, with South Sydney refusing to grant Dylan Walker an immediate release to join Manly after the Australian Test centre was offered a four-year deal to join the Sea Eagles next season.

Walker looked like being squeezed out of South Sydney as a result of the Sam Burgess-sparked salary cap saga.

And the Titans were set to pounce, with Walker’s move to Manly expected to squeeze Kiwi Test centre Peta Hiku out of Brookvale Oval and onto the open market — where the cashed-up Gold Coast were waiting.

But just days after he was told he could talk to rival clubs as Souths attempt to free up salary cap space to accommodate Burgess’ return, the transfer landscape has changed again with Souths coach Michael Maguire returning from a trip to the UK to tell Walker he would not sign his release papers.

Walker’s manager refused to confirm or deny the South Sydney situation when contacted on Thursday night.

Despite the setback, Manly remain confident of snaring Walker for 2016.

“Give it 48 hours, things will change,” a source close to the deal said.

It is understood Walker wants out of Redfern and is hopeful Souths will still be forced to let him go despite Maguire’s desire to keep him at the club for at least one more year.

RETURN: Warriors sign “the Michael Jordan of rugby league”

NO CHANCE: Souths refuse Walker release

THROWBACK: Thurston to return to Belmore

CONFLICT: Roosters and Panthers to fight for Hayne

Should Walker belatedly be granted a release, Manly will in turn need to shed players to accommodate him and the Titans are targeting Hiku to form a potent centre pairing next season with the electrifying James Roberts.

The versatile Hiku played five-eighth for the Kiwis in their recent tour of England but has spent his time at Manly on the wing and as a replacement fullback for Brett Stewart.

The 22-year-old is highly skilled and could fill a number of roles for the Titans, who are yet to finalise their squad despite having 39 players in pre-season training.

Henry is looking to add depth by recruiting a centre, back-rower and prop.

He signed PNG centre Nene Macdonald from the Roosters last season but with the departures of Kevin Gordon (retired) and Kalifa Faifai Loa (Dragons), along with Anthony Don (shoulder) injured, Macdonald could be used on the wing.

There has been a huge turnover in players and staff at the Titans and Henry said it was slowly coming together in what will be his second season in charge.

“We’ve still got a couple of positions to fill and look at,” he said.

“We’re slowly getting some players back.

“There’s been a change up in the staff and players. There’s new faces all around which is pretty fresh.

“They’ve all got involved straight away.”

The Titans have had a depleted squad on the training paddock for the past three weeks.

Luke Douglas, Will Zillman, Matt Srama, Eddy Pettybourne, David Hala and recruits Zeb Taia and Ashley Taylor are on the comeback from surgery.

Utility Daniel Mortimer has been on restricted duties after hurting his foot while holidaying in America and hooker Nathan Friend is managing a nagging knee problem.

Henry has a number of players trialling for contracts and said he’d been impressed by back-rower Leivaha Pulu, who has joined the club from Wyong.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ti...y/news-story/1aaa5bb92217950da2e80f827cec773c

Manly Sea Eagles hold talks as NRL rivals chase New Zealand star Peta Hiku

ST George Illawarra have emerged as a shock candidate to sign New Zealand star Peta Hiku as his future at Manly remains unknown.

The Kiwi international is set to sit down with Manly coach Trent Barrett on Monday to discuss his future as the Sea Eagles’ pursuit of South Sydney ace Dylan Walker continues.

While Hiku has two seasons to run on his deal, rival NRL sides are lining up for 22-year-old’s services amid speculation the centre could be cut loose.

It’s understood the red V view Hiku as an ideal candidate to play fullback which would see Josh Dugan shift into the centres.

The Gold Coast are another side who have expressed interest in the international, with the club eager to sign the excitement machine and add further strike to their backline.

The Titans have previously expressed their desire to sign Walker however a bungled contract has made star centre James Roberts a free agent.

The club is currently working through that mess with Roberts’ management; paving the way for the Dragons to swoop in on Hiku should he wish to leave the Sea Eagles.

When asked of Hiku’s future, his management would not speculate, only saying; “Peta hasn’t spoken to anyone from Manly yet and I’m still waiting to hear from Peta.”

Hiku returned to Australia following the Kiwi’s end of season Test tour against England to hear of whispers that the club were willing to release him in order to create salary cap space for the signing of Walker.

While the Rabbitohs have reportedly knocked back Walker’s request for an immediate release so he can take up a four-year-deal with the Sea Eagles, Hiku’s position at the club remains murky.

Hiku only re-signed with the Sea Eagles in May.

At the time, the versatile back said he was grateful for the opportunity the club gave him.

“The club gave me the chance to prove myself in the NRL, so it’s nice to know I’m here to stay and I’m really looking forward to the next few years,” he said earlier in the year.

Hiku made his NRL in 2013 after joining the club from the Warriors.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...d-star-peta-hiku/story-fn2mcuj6-1227617951329

Because Trent is the coach and he believes Brown will suit his teams structure .
Will Trent be vindicated on this decision ? . Will Buhrer be the same player he was when he recovers from another knee operation ?.
Stay tuned and all this will be reviled . Until then take a deep breath soak up the great build up to our 2016 season and relax and keep smiling as We support the greatest team of all . The mighty Sea eagles !!! :)
Sorry Bozo. It's all fun and games when we add to our team like the signing of Kapow. But I have to say I just can't get into 2016 this week with Hiku and Buhrer currently wedged precariously on the chopping board.

Seeing Lewis Brown in our shirt the other day didn't help either he just looked so 'wrong'.

Call me old fashioned. But stuff walker. I'll keep Hiku and Buhrer thanks.

Sorry Bozo. It's all fun and games when we add to our team like the signing of Kapow. But I have to say I just can't get into 2016 this week with Hiku and Buhrer currently wedged precariously on the chopping board.

Seeing Lewis Brown in our shirt the other day didn't help either he just looked so 'wrong'.

I agree.Not totally convinced the players they've acquired are the answer.Parcell,a big tick, and Myles only because it convinced DCE to change his mind but the others are not players other clubs fought hard to keep.Taupau can work if he is surrounded by consistent players like Buhrer.Hiku is harshly treated on here.Hes been playing out of position on the wing.When he's played centre he has been fine.I think too much has been placed on TomT at his age.Unfortunately if he isn't playing first grade,big chance other clubs will come knocking,so instead of moving on young players,sadly it's time to tap Matai,Lyon or Stewart on the shoulder

I share your sentiment on losing players Cliffy but if it means that the Eagles have to evolve once more to win another premiership title under another new coach who wants to build his own side then let it be so as nothing has ever got in the way of success for the mighty Sea eagles not even the loss of immortals and great players .
You must remember that when we lose great players we only lose feathers and not our wings . We had lost our greatest ever Fulton to the roosters in 1977 and just one years later in 1978 we had won another title .
keep-calm-and-love-the-manly-sea-eagles.png

@BOZO does tend to rile some of you feint hearted fans who attach themselves to individual players, but he is right. The club wandered down this path due to a fractious board in the front office. Now there is unity, the Penn management have set plans to be No. 1...we can now sit back and judge the results of their decisions. I think we will be OK

BJ & Starling and we have the weakest pack in the comp just 3 NRL level props WTF?

Then when Lussick gets suspended we will have just 2 and when Myles plays Origin we will have just 1 prop.

Seriously?????

BJ & Starling and we have the weakest pack in the comp just 3 NRL level props WTF?

Then when Lussick gets suspended we will have just 2 and when Myles plays Origin we will have just 1 prop.

Seriously?????
The answer to this could be the international player we are signing

Seriously?????

I'm assuming the 3 NRL level props your talking about are Myles, Lussick and Taupau.
Personally I think Jake Trbojevic is NRL level so I don't understand your point.

This is maybe the only reason Hiku's head is on the chopping block.
He def on Ztc's list -

(Maybe clutching at straws ,but it is Narcissistic Ztc )
That's not clutching at straws. That's just understanding the way Penn and his rotund uncle operate. Lawrence's name is being bandied about too. Probably because he went to Tooves' farewell.

I'd be happy to leave Walker where he is for 2016 if it means discarding Ferris or Hiku.
I wouldn't be letting Hiku go. Killer and/or Skivvy will finish up next year and they'll both be gone at the end of 2017 for sure.

Makes no sense to me to offload a centre.

Ferris is playing for a contract in 2016. Lets see what he comes up with.

Walker's welcome. He's got pace and can obviously play. But I don't think we should show 4 the door to get him one year early.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8