Manly fire sale: likely homes for potential Sea Eagles discards Peta Hiku, Jamie Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Taupau can play prop but he is a better back rower and we signed him to play back row as this is where he is at his destructive best
actually there are genrally two ways in which a lock is played:
a) like a hard running prop
b) a second 5-8 ala gifty
I must be missing something, because i haven't seen taupau put someone through a hole before.
Tapau typically doesn't play edge, (whilst i and many believe he can, mind you) so he is a tight.
These days a lock is another front rower, marty is one example of this

It's journalism lottery at the moment.These blokes think league stories need to be in the news 365 days a yr so they throw that many darts,they are bound to hit bullseye once.Latest from Massoud is that Buhrer is no chance of joining the Knights and Symonds maybe the one to go there.journos write stories to satisfy the moronic element of league supporters.I think even fans need an off season so they can be refreshed for new yr

well you may as well say all teams play 3 props then as they all play a middle backrower.

Funny how no one does.

Even if we do replace our 3rd and 4th best props with a prop of better quality (albeit unlikely) we still only have 4, 5 if you play Taupau out of his preferred role.

Still will lose Lussick for many games, Myles for Origin and then injuries. Going to be playing with 3 props some games, pretty weak.

We all whinged last year now plenty are happy to have no depth there.
Really?
props playing #13
- Mike cooper (dragons)
-Greg eastwood (bulldogs)
- Paul Gallen (sharks)
- Dale finucane (melbourne)
- Danny wicks (worms)
- isaac liu (roosters)
-Jason taumalolo (cowboys)
there are exceptions of course (parker, gifty) but in most sides, the 13 is just another prop

Really?
props playing #13
- Mike cooper (dragons)
- Paul Gallen (sharks)
- Danny wicks (worms)
- isaac liu (roosters)
there are exceptions of course (parker, gifty) but in most sides, the 13 is just another prop
Lui for us this year (2015)

Sea Eagles back Peta Hiku linked to Rabbitohs in swap for Dylan Walker
Date
November 22, 2015 - 8:00PM
South Sydney may ask for New Zealand Test utility Peta Hiku in exchange for releasing Dylan Walker to Manly.

Walker, who is due to face the Rabbitohs board this week over the prescription drugs scandal that led to him and teammate Aaron Gray being hospitalised two months ago, has had a request for a release rejected but he is still expected to end up at the Sea Eagles next season.

However, before letting Walker go Souths need to find a replacement and Fairfax Media understands Hiku would be considered a suitable trade for the star centre.

fter being named as one of the players Manly would be prepared to release to accommodate Walker, Hiku is set to meet Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett on Monday to discuss his future at the club.

St George Illawarra and Gold Coast are also believed to be interested in Hiku, who played five-eighth for the Kiwis in the recent Test series against England but is more comfortable at fullback, wing or centre.

With NSW Origin fullback Josh Dugan keen to return to the centres for the Dragons, Hiku would be an ideal replacement in the No.1 jersey, while he would be more likely to play centre for the Titans.

Souths interest in Hiku would also be as a centre or winger as captain Greg Inglis plays fullback.

The return of Sam Burgess from English rugby union has forced the Rabbitohs to review their roster to make way for the 2014 grand final hero under the salary cap.

Queensland Origin backrower Chris McQueen and former NSW prop Tim Grant have also been mentioned as players who could make way for Burgess, whose contract will be listed in Souths salary cap for the same value as the one he was on before leaving after the grand final triumph.

The Rabbitohs already had some room in their salary cap after releasing New Zealand hooker Issac Luke and former NSW Origin forward Glenn Stewart, the player who was signed from Manly last year to replace Burgess, but need to free up more space for Burgess.

Walker, who is off contract at the end of next season, is understood to be on $250,000 per season with Souths but has attracted more money from rival clubs.

After losing Kieran Foran to Parramatta, the Sea Eagles need a five-eighth and view Walker as the solution but have a glut of outside backs, with Hiku, Brett Stewart, Jorge Taufua and Tom Trbojevic all vying for three spots and Tim Moltzen and Nathan Green having been signed as back-ups.

Utility forward Jamie Buhrer and props Brenton Lawrence and Josh Starling have also been reported to be players Manly would be willing to release for Walker.

If Souths allow Walker to leave, they will need to replace him in their top 25 man squad with a player on at least the NRL's minimum wage of $80,000.

McQueen has been linked with Penrith after last week rejecting an approach from the Titans.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...in-swap-for-dylan-walker-20151122-gl4x7j.html

actually there are genrally two ways in which a lock is played:
a) like a hard running prop
b) a second 5-8 ala gifty
I must be missing something, because i haven't seen taupau put someone through a hole before.
Tapau typically doesn't play edge, (whilst i and many believe he can, mind you) so he is a tight.
These days a lock is another front rower, marty is one example of this
You make a good point but a prop does play tighter in the middle of the field .

Sea Eagles back Peta Hiku linked to Rabbitohs in swap for Dylan Walker
Date
November 22, 2015 - 8:00PM
South Sydney may ask for New Zealand Test utility Peta Hiku in exchange for releasing Dylan Walker to Manly.

Walker, who is due to face the Rabbitohs board this week over the prescription drugs scandal that led to him and teammate Aaron Gray being hospitalised two months ago, has had a request for a release rejected but he is still expected to end up at the Sea Eagles next season.

However, before letting Walker go Souths need to find a replacement and Fairfax Media understands Hiku would be considered a suitable trade for the star centre.

fter being named as one of the players Manly would be prepared to release to accommodate Walker, Hiku is set to meet Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett on Monday to discuss his future at the club.

St George Illawarra and Gold Coast are also believed to be interested in Hiku, who played five-eighth for the Kiwis in the recent Test series against England but is more comfortable at fullback, wing or centre.

With NSW Origin fullback Josh Dugan keen to return to the centres for the Dragons, Hiku would be an ideal replacement in the No.1 jersey, while he would be more likely to play centre for the Titans.

Souths interest in Hiku would also be as a centre or winger as captain Greg Inglis plays fullback.

The return of Sam Burgess from English rugby union has forced the Rabbitohs to review their roster to make way for the 2014 grand final hero under the salary cap.

Queensland Origin backrower Chris McQueen and former NSW prop Tim Grant have also been mentioned as players who could make way for Burgess, whose contract will be listed in Souths salary cap for the same value as the one he was on before leaving after the grand final triumph.

The Rabbitohs already had some room in their salary cap after releasing New Zealand hooker Issac Luke and former NSW Origin forward Glenn Stewart, the player who was signed from Manly last year to replace Burgess, but need to free up more space for Burgess.

Walker, who is off contract at the end of next season, is understood to be on $250,000 per season with Souths but has attracted more money from rival clubs.

After losing Kieran Foran to Parramatta, the Sea Eagles need a five-eighth and view Walker as the solution but have a glut of outside backs, with Hiku, Brett Stewart, Jorge Taufua and Tom Trbojevic all vying for three spots and Tim Moltzen and Nathan Green having been signed as back-ups.

Utility forward Jamie Buhrer and props Brenton Lawrence and Josh Starling have also been reported to be players Manly would be willing to release for Walker.

If Souths allow Walker to leave, they will need to replace him in their top 25 man squad with a player on at least the NRL's minimum wage of $80,000.

McQueen has been linked with Penrith after last week rejecting an approach from the Titans.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...in-swap-for-dylan-walker-20151122-gl4x7j.html
Snake
Taufua
Killer
Matai
Trbojevic
Walker
DCE
Now that backline is hard to beat

Really?
props playing #13
- Mike cooper (dragons)
- Paul Gallen (sharks)
- Danny wicks (worms)
- isaac liu (roosters)

If that is your angle then you also need extra players to cover that extra position.

Having just increased the field time by 50% but players by 25% it makes my argument even stronger that we will be really light on.

We have 3 positions covered by 4 quality players once they get rid of Starling & BJ

Boys are going to play some looooong minutes

If that is your angle then you also need extra players to cover that extra position.

Having just increased the field time by 50% but players by 25% it makes my argument even stronger that we will be really light on.

We have 3 positions covered by 4 quality players once they get rid of Starling & BJ

Interesting times ahead Fluffy

I'm not saying i agree with playing a prop at 13, just correcting @BOZO .

We don't have enough props to play 3 at a time, thus why we need to keep someone like buhrer or leary who do a great job there. we are definitely light on and need a klemmer/moa type or two

hows this sound?
8.Jake trboyevic
9.Matt Parcell
10.Nate Myles
11.Jamie Buhrer
12.Lewis Brown
13.Marty Taupau

14. Darcy Lussick (replacement for myles)
15. Blake leary (replacement for 11,12or13)
16. Liam Knight (replacement back rower or possibly front row)
17. David Klemmer* (Front row replacement)

EDIT: korisau somewhere in there two

*if he comes

I too think we need someone to play big minutes: hopefully we keep buhrer for that, otherwise jakey turbo can play 60-80 if need be.

I'm not saying i agree with playing a prop at 13, just correcting @BOZO .

We don't have enough props to play 3 at a time, thus why we need to keep someone like buhrer or leary who do a great job there. we are definitely light on and need a klemmer/moa type or two

hows this sound?
8.Jake trboyevic
9.Matt Parcell
10.Nate Myles
11.Jamie Buhrer
12.Lewis Brown
13.Marty Taupau

14. Darcy Lussick (replacement for myles)
15. Blake leary (replacement for 11,12or13)
16. Liam Knight (replacement back rower or possibly front row)
17. David Klemmer* (Front row replacement)

EDIT: korisau somewhere in there two

*if he comes

I too think we need someone to play big minutes: hopefully we keep buhrer for that, otherwise jakey turbo can play 60-80 if need be.
Good selection

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4