Manly Foran the NRL's next $1m man

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly Foran the NRL’s next $1m man

Kieran Foran is set to become rugby league's next $1 million-a-season player, but Manly Immortal Bob Fulton has paid him the ultimate compliment, declaring the talented five-eighth could be a great across any era of the Sea Eagles' history.

As Foran prepares to lead Manly into tonight's qualifying final against South Sydney at Allianz Stadium, leading NRL player agents agreed the 24-year-old had joined the elite player bracket and expect him to be paid accordingly.

Read More

RE: Manly Foran the NRL’s next $1m man

Nice to hear how much Bozo 'seriously rated' Ian Martin. One of my all time favourite players. Serious accolade to Foran being compared to him.

RE: Manly Foran the NRL’s next $1m man

They are relentless this untalented bunch of media hacks. Now turn a positive article re foran into a story about him being so expensive that we will struggle to keep him. Im so sick of this NRL contract garbage. Makes me want to turn off.

Kieran Foran is set to become rugby league's next $1 million-a-season player, but Manly Immortal Bob Fulton has paid him the ultimate compliment, declaring the talented five-eighth could be a great across any era of the Sea Eagles' history.

As Foran prepares to lead Manly into tonight's qualifying final against South Sydney at Allianz Stadium, leading NRL player agents agreed the 24-year-old had joined the elite player bracket and expect him to be paid accordingly.

Read More

Kieran Foran is set to become rugby league's next $1 million-a-season player, but Manly Immortal Bob Fulton has paid him the ultimate compliment, declaring the talented five-eighth could be a great ac
043083-19ae46de-e246-11e3-8ae0-51e0ec14d6b81.jpg
ross any era of the Sea Eagles' history.

One player manager even went as far to say he believed Foran could attract offers of around $1.2 million a season when he comes off contract at Brookvale at the end of next season.

It means the Sea Eagles will be in for a fight to retain the man who this week beat teammates Brett Stewart, Daly Cherry-Evans and Steve Matai to claim the club's players' player award at their presentation night.

"Kieran would demand at least $1 million a season," one leading player manager said yesterday.

"On the field he is just relentless. He is tough and has a great passing, running and kicking game. And he will only get better.

"He is also extremely marketable. In fact I think some clubs would pay $1.2 million a season for him."

There is a growing list of $1 million-a-year players thanks to endorsement deals and the NRL's expanded $6.1 million salary cap.

The elite bracket of players is rumoured to include Sonny Bill Williams, Billy Slater, Johnathan Thurston, Cam Smith, Greg Inglis, Sam Burgess, Jarryd Hayne and possibly Foran and Cherry-Evans in the near future.

Cherry-Evans has received many accolades at Manly this season and is also in line for a bumper pay increase when his next contract is negotiated, having made his State of Origin debut for Queensland this year.

But Fulton offered high praise for Foran.

"He is right up there," Fulton said on whether he would become a Manly great.

"The best way to describe Kieran Foran is that I think he would have the same impact on any era in the game.

"Foran is the complete package. He has got everything required of the modern day five-eighth. He is tough, uncompromising and takes no prisoners.

"There is a bit of Ian Martin (Manly lock and five-eighth between 1969 and 1978) in him and Martin was a player I seriously rated.

"There are quite a number of the current side who would stand alongside some of the club's greats.

"At such a young age, Foran hasn't just represented his country but he has captained it.

"I don't know him well but whenever I have been in his company, he has been a gentleman and from all reports is a decent person."

Foran was delighted to have captured the club's top award.

"It was very humbling," Foran said. "I think the boys were a bit generous to me. There were a few games when I didn't play all that well and still got the points. I think they looked after me there. It could have gone to any number of the boys."

Foran said Steve Matai and Brett Stewart have "had their best years."

Manly winger Jorge Taufua added: "There are a number of our senior players that have stepped up this year but it is a credit to Kieran for the effort he has put in this year."

NRL officials predict a crowd of between 25,000 to 30,000 this evening.
Dean Ritchie
The Daily Telegraph

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-star-kieran-foran-set-to-join-the-nrls-1m-man-club-as-manly-brace-for-south-sydney/story-fnp0lyn3-1227055700386

They are relentless these journos. Turn a positive story about Foran into a hype about how we will struggle to keep him. Asking player managers what they think??? They think everyone is worth millions.
Player managers and their journalist hand puppets are the scourge of the game!

Sick to death of space devoted to speculative events.
There is a final series happening now, yet most media attention is focused on what teams/players will be doing in 2015-16-17!

Seriously-talk about a bleeding vendetta. You guys are dead right.
Bozo is also dead right with the Ian Martin comparison-it is frightening how similar they are in and around the ruck area. Martin was a great player for Manly

I'm "set" to lose my temper at Ritchie's lazy formulaic writing.

Stuff that may or may not happen is always "set to" according to him.

"Kieran Foran is set to become rugby league’s next $1 million-a-season player"

King set to miss GF due to birth, Ballin set to return early, watmough set to go to parra, Hodges set to step up, Lawrence/brett set to return....n agghh

Yes they do

When Smith was off contract it was big news, as was Cronk

One of the best players in the game off contract? You are kidding if it was not big news.

There is a reason why no one is overly concerned about Jack Little John's contract....and why Foz / DCE are big new

I get that it's big news but when Foz and DCE sign 3yr deals it all starts up again within a year. Its not just them either - same for both Stewarts, Matai, Watmough, Lyon (before he apparently re-signed), even Ballin and Buhrer have become a saga in the past.

I remember a lot of speculation in the last year of Thurston, Cronk and Captain Scum's deals but not many others.

We hear out of the blue that players from other clubs have extended (as ours usually have) without all the negative BS beforehand.

I like how the club never released any details about Jamie Lyon's current contract. Nobody knows when he is off. It could be a one year deal for all we know and tbh I think I'd rather not know about any of them and just concentrate on the NOW.

Brookie Brawler said:
and tbh I think I'd rather not know about any of them and just concentrate on the NOW.

That's easy done. Just do what I do & don't read it...

He mentions "...one player manager even went as far to say he believed Foran could attract offers of around $1.2million.."

Let me guess, would that be Foran's manager?

StuBoot said:
He mentions "...one player manager even went as far to say he believed Foran could attract offers of around $1.2million.."

Let me guess, would that be Foran's manager?

lol - it's like saying "one real estate agent even went as far as saying the house would go for $3 mill" (no offence intended to real estate agents on here)

Denno said:
I thought Ian Martin as a lock...............Great player though.....,

Ima played much more as a five eight but played more at lock later in his career ( eg 76 GF).

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2