Manly fullback Brett Stewart looking for highest bidder as get-clause comes to light

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm astounded how some on this forum still take the bait from the journos and get hooked by their manufactured stories. All speculation and fluff to make a few paragraphs to fill a paper so the paper can sell ads - for that is its real purpose.

I agree with stewart taking the $$$ wherever he can get it after his horror 2 yrs but after him and haslers war with the nrl it wasnt him and haslers name that was dragged through the mud it was Manly Warringah. So now we have had this 2 year war with the NRL and now Hasler ****s off to chase the cash and Brett will follow him?? Brilliant.

No hoppa as back up either.....

Arko...."In my years, I always insisted on total loyalty to each other. It's one of the reasons Manly has been such a great rugby league club.

"We always stood beside each other and behind each other in a crisis.

"If we had any problems with each other we never washed our dirty linen in public. Loyalty to each other was always the main consideration."

...they should paint this on every wall in the boardroom, even if a fraction of this sentiment got through their heads, the club may not be in the state it's in.

Napper said:
I agree with stewart taking the $$$ wherever he can get it after his horror 2 yrs but after him and haslers war with the nrl it wasnt him and haslers name that was dragged through the mud it was Manly Warringah. So now we have had this 2 year war with the NRL and now Hasler ****s off to chase the cash and Brett will follow him?? Brilliant.

No hoppa as back up either.....

Yeah true but at least we won the comp, imagine if all of this crap went down and we lost the GF.

If Brett were to leave it would be sad as it would show he would be more loyal to Des than the Manly club
But if he does go I will wish him all the best

Oldfield can do the job I believe he will develop and improve this year. I remember Brett had his frailties when he first started playing, I used to hold my breath every time a bomb went up... Look where he is now

voicefromthehill said:
Oldfield can do the job I believe he will develop and improve this year. I remember Brett had his frailties when he first started playing, I used to hold my breath every time a bomb went up... Look where he is now
The stewart brothers are both going once des went they were always going to go.They will go to the saints together closer to home.Bulldogs surely couldnt get FORAN,BRETT,GLENN and LUSSICK under there CAP.....

mr seagles said:
voicefromthehill said:
The stewart brothers are both going once des went they were always going to go.They will go to the saints together closer to home.

Closer to home? They both live on the Northern Beaches you troll.

Obviously the closer to home link is Wollongong where they originate from.

Doesn't necessarily mean you'd leave the northern beaches.

2 Things
1 - They are still at Manly & the media are running every negative angle. The Stewarts deserve benefit of the doubt like Foz did in the GF.
2 - Sad if we lost Snake/Gift but theres no doubt Tooves has backup plans all over the place. The world will keep spinning & new Seaeagles champions will be step up to the plate.

Bulldogs most likely to secure Stewart if he leaves? If they grab Stewart that would leave no room for Foran in thier cap, they would probably put Barba at 5/8

There's an off-season and full season to go before this is an issue. I think during this time the team will galvanise and become even closer after all that has happened. We should not underestimate the respect Tooves may already have from the players and I'll think that bond will become even stronger over the next season. I can see some happy times ahead.

It would be sad to lose the Stewart brothers but, from a playing perspective, I would miss Glen the most.

WAMF said:
mr seagles said:
voicefromthehill said:
The stewart brothers are both going once des went they were always going to go.They will go to the saints together closer to home.

Closer to home? They both live on the Northern Beaches you troll.
Yep Zorba said both. Glenn and Brett have bought houses on the beaches and are well settled up there with Glenn marrying a local beaches girl next year he can't see them going anywhere, btw anyone see the pic of Brett yesterday, he looked pretty happy

I was under the impression that Glenn still had two years to run on his contract and did not have a get out clause. Does anyone know when he is contracted til and if he does have a get out clause or not? I can't see Brett leaving if Glenn can't. I did ask Brett two weeks ago when I saw him out would he follow Des and he said " no, not at all mate"
I know he he is not obliged to tell me the truth but he did seem quite genuine. In saying that though, going to the Dragons would not be following Des, and he did say it before the Hasler sacking so that could change things also. If he did leave, i would rather see him go to the Dragons than the Bulldogs,

bones said:
I was under the impression that Glenn still had two years to run on his contract and did not have a get out clause. I can't see Brett leaving if Glenn can't.
Mate this article is most likely bull****, they need to find some way of filling out the sports section.

I can see Phill sitting at his computer, 11pm, deadline at 12, "****, what am I going to write about?", "how about I wirte about Stewart leaving Manly?, Yeah, that will do, suckers"

I cant see anyone in the NRL offering him more money then us. Bulldogs fans have made it pretty clear they dont want him. And could you really see brett playing for the dogs? NFW. Maybe a club like south's or sharks but I doubt he would leave manly for souths.
Dragons without Moltzen would be looking, but I dont think they would pay big money. If they were smart they could save money but using Kyle Stanley (which is what I think they will do) and buy a few junior HB's for when hornby retires. They need a good half back.
How many years does glenn have left on his contract?

ESL is where the money will come from, but do you think he could leave his family behind and go by himself?

This article is complete and utter speculation and crap. It has zero facts in it!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6