Manly fullback Brett Stewart looking for highest bidder as get-clause comes to light

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Stewart's would never let the media know anything, so I wouldn't read to much into it.
I could be wrong, but as for the value of his next contract, well I don't think that many clubs will be lining up to offer big money. As great a player as he is, the unfortunate reality is that his injury history with his knees and his limited capacity at training will scare most clubs from making big money offers, especially with the abundance of good fullbacks in the game.

As good as Brett is. doubt any club would want to sign him (apart from cronulla). way too injury prone, and i think we all have realised that brett is past his peak

mr seagles said:
voicefromthehill said:
Oldfield can do the job I believe he will develop and improve this year. I remember Brett had his frailties when he first started playing, I used to hold my breath every time a bomb went up... Look where he is now
The stewart brothers are both going once des went they were always going to go.They will go to the saints together closer to home.Bulldogs surely couldnt get FORAN,BRETT,GLENN and LUSSICK under there CAP.....
I dont think the Dogs have a cap do they,how many players have they bought the last few years,and haven't even been questioned.Ahhh,I think I am getting the picture.rort the system,lose all your points and a few player,s,lay low for a few years and then come back and buy whoever you want,mmm makes sence,NOT

1st time Ive been there to the Kennel and this is a post I find by our resident troll MrInvisible,

Thread: Manly fullback Brett Stewart looking for highest bidder as get-clause comes to light
by Mr Invisible Replies

Why throw money when you can throw 17 year olds!

ha HA!!!

Besides Patten is and only ever will our crosseyed Bulldogs player!

Berkeley_Eagle said:
1st time Ive been there to the Kennel and this is a post I find by our resident troll MrInvisible,

Thread: Manly fullback Brett Stewart looking for highest bidder as get-clause comes to light
by Mr Invisible Replies

Why throw money when you can throw 17 year olds!

ha HA!!!

Besides Patten is and only ever will our crosseyed Bulldogs player!

Disgusting comment, should be banned!

Stewart would do well to remember the support he received from the Manly fan base during his troubles. It wasn't just Hasler who stood by him through thick and thin - it was the entire club community.

Brett should remember the fans from other clubs including the bulldogs who were calling him a rapist and all sort of disgusting crap well before Brett had his time in court.

I'm continually told that RL is a business, and that players have to chase the dollars.
My question: are we (fans) shareholders of the business, or just customers?

Would be very disappointing if the Stewart brothers left Manly, especially after the support they got from the club and supporters throughout the court case. With Brett's injury record and unpopularity among none Manly fans it would be interesting to see what offer's and how big they are that he would get from rival club's and but Manly's offer would be interesting too given his circumstances. Glenn on the other hand would get plenty of offers and big money too i imagine from plenty of clubs

He deserves every cent and more. We should do what the storm did and build a team around him, hi bro, watmough, lussik, foz, Evans and Lyons and king. If they are there then we'll be good.

Doesn't say he wants to leave, that's rothfields twist, it's just that he needs more cash. It's time for manly to show some loyalty and give him what he deserves.

Who else has lit up the brookie like him and beaver in recent times?

He's a legend and i'd blame the board if he left.

I would be devasted if the Stewarts left but I understand that if any one player holds particular loyalty to Des it would be Brett Stewart.
He should also remember the loyalty shown by the club and the fans.

Some facts that support this being a typical Manly slamming DT beat-up.

1. Glenn Stewart does not have a get out clause.
2. The family chose Manly over St George so the boys could stay together.
3. Brett Stewart was one of the senior players that Toovey addressed after Des was sacked.
4. Don't know if this one's a fact but I think Mimis might be Des's manager as well. That would explain this speculation.
5. The article stated what everyone already knows and that is the fact that Brett Stewart is a free agent at the end of 2012.

STAY SNAKE. You're a Manly Man!

kingoftherodeo said:
it's just that he needs more cash. It's time for manly to show some loyalty and give him what he deserves.

So, you show someone ' loyalty' by giving them more money? Not in my world.
Yes, Foran is a great player, but he is just doing his job. He has a contract. When that runs out he will then negotiate a pay increase.
Where do you think all this money we should be throwing around to buy loyalty comes from? There is a salary cap, the club is not flush with funds, and we have a squad of players who probably all could command more money elsewhere.
If you stay in a job purely for the cash you'll never be completely happy. It's only one of the aspects of job satisfaction.

I think he will stay since singe just resigned plus if his after more money I'm sure we can offer him more since Robertson and Rodney left. Isn't Glenn Stewart locked till 2013?

It also wasn't only Des supporting Snake during the allegations. His teammates also supported him, and alot of them were in court everyday of his trial. Also Zorba is very close to the family. Just can't see him choosing Des above everyone else.

Although Brett Stewart and Glen will prob not read any of this forum, i also want to say i would be even sadder than i was the day Fulton left MWSE to go to Easts. (1976)
Brett has star quality. He and Gifty are the best things that have happened to the club in years and years. Snake is the best fullback i've ever seen at Brookvale, and ive seen all of 'em since Bob Batty.
I include Wombat in this. If he had not been knocked unconcious in the 2007 GF we prob would have won it. When he's playing Manly win.

Brett also has suffered and we have supported him. Something that also captures the northern beaches imagination is his vulnerability and his struggles against it.

Just 14 more tries and he will surpass Bozo's 129 try tally at Manly, and his strike rate may never be matched - ever. 81%
I would be happy to pay a $2 "Retain the Stewarts fund" levy at the ticket gate entering brookvale. MWSE as a club, and its fans should prevent there being a higher offer.

Good luck to the young man he deserves every cent he can get, hes a champion player, person and citizen.

Manly will match anything from an NRL club within reason I am sure, if he wants out, thats his choice.

Settle down troops. Brett is unlikely to have known anything about this. An agent's job is to get the best deal for his client (and himself). Surely this is a leak inspired to scare Manly into giving him the best deal.

The vultures are hovering around the Manly carcass as the moment and the DT is just giving them another bite, while the story is running hot. The headlines a week ago of Manly paying overs to keep staff are surely indicating that it is a good time to get more money out of the club.

The media needs to keep the spotlight on the Eagles. It is a campaign to rock the team, we have to stop taking the reports seriously. Give Brett the respect he deserves, and say nothing ill towards him. He cops enough of that from the other supporters.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6