Manly home game V Eels @ Homebush

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Correct Wheel.  This just exposes the weak local representation of Liberal members along the peninsula.  It's a pity Peter McDonald was beaten at the last State election as the Libs would have thrown money at the seat in order to win it.  The local Liberal members, both state and federal,  showed no interest in having decent sporting facilities in their electorates when Howard was in government.  It's a shame the locals are so stupid politically.  Parramatta is a marginal seat both in the State arena and Federally.  Little wonder they can garner support.  Maybe Lowy can be approached to support a Northern beaches soccer team to be run out of Brookvale in the Summer months.  The we can hop onto the coat-tails of the World Cup bid.     

I wonder if our football club is  looking at this strategy in their talks with government at all levels (Vid?).  Having Brookie used as a multi - use venue across codes (even union) would add weight to our arguement although our friends on the left leaning friends on council will still wanting Brookie to be a dog walking track and rose garden.

Re Brooky, I made a point of asking Kerry Sibraa what was happening re lobbying for funding and was told that there are still on-going discussions so by no means over and done with.
Obviously things like this need to be done under wraps but I am confident that Kerry has the best intentions and am very pleased that we have a gentleman of this calibre representing us in these matters.
We will no doubt hear more as things progress but of course nothing (quite rightly) unless (until?) pen is put to paper and we have definites.

Sibraa might be a nice guy but he's from the wrong faction to Albanese who holds the federal government purse strings.  I've heard him say that as a Souths supporter, he'd rather die than give Manly a penny.  Good luck Vid.  And Wheel, the 'left' aren't into rose gardens and dog paths.  That's 'doctors wife's' stuff. 

vidmar link said:
Re Brooky, I made a point of asking Kerry Sibraa what was happening re lobbying for funding and was told that there are still ongoing discussions so by no means over and done with.
Obviously things like this need to be done under wraps but I am confident that Kerry has the best intentions and am very pleased that we have a gentleman of this calibre representing us in these matters.
We will no doubt hear more as things progress but of course nothing (quite rightly) unless (until?) pen is put to paper and we have definites.
                You are Dreaming Vid for all his good intentions Sibraa is nothing more than a politician and full of hot air.Kerry and his mates have been having these on going discussions for nearly 10 years and still nothing in that time of the top of my head Stgeorge,Penrith,Newcastle,Wests Tigers ( both campbeltown and leichardt) Souths (redfern) and I have probably forgoton some others.I say the people we have doing our bidding and number crunching (Sibraa) and others have been a complete failure and have thus put our club in a serious bind for the future

As much as others like to claim the credit, the fact is Sibraa has been the one responsible for:-

$600k (State & Council) for Electronic Scoreboard and Tennis Boxes
$1.1m (Federal) for Lights  (saving the club $40k lights hire per night game)
$300k (State) for Pine Ave entrance and other OH&S works.
$10m  ($6m State & $4m Council) - Jane Try Stand upgrades, new seating etc - largely as yet unspent.

That's $12m for Brookvale Oval, all secured by Sibraa.
Not bad for a Labor bloke in a blue ribbon Liberal area. 

reyam link said:
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=181946.msg245012#msg245012 date=1256779433]
Re Brooky, I made a point of asking Kerry Sibraa what was happening re lobbying for funding and was told that there are still ongoing discussions so by no means over and done with.

Gotta love trolls...user name of Mayer in reverse is t'rific
                You are Dreaming Vid for all his good intentions Sibraa is nothing more than a politician and full of hot air.Kerry and his mates have been having these on going discussions for nearly 10 years and still nothing in that time of the top of my head Stgeorge,Penrith,Newcastle,Wests Tigers ( both campbeltown and leichardt) Souths (redfern) and I have probably forgoton some others.I say the people we have doing our bidding and number crunching (Sibraa) and others have been a complete failure and have thus put our club in a serious bind for the future
[/quote]

joshw link said:
As much as others like to claim the credit, the fact is Sibraa has been the one responsible for:-

$600k (State & Council) for Electronic Scoreboard and Tennis Boxes
$1.1m (Federal) for Lights  (saving the club $40k lights hire per night game)
$300k (State) for Pine Ave entrance and other OH&S works.
$10m  ($6m State & $4m Council) - Jane Try Stand upgrades, new seating etc - largely as yet unspent.

That's $12m for Brookvale Oval, all secured by Sibraa.
Not bad for a Labor bloke in a blue ribbon Liberal area. 

I dont disagree that Sibraa has done great work but the problems are not Sibraa's but getting the funding through Councils and Govermnets ect.

i.e The Council is still squabbling over the $5 Million and what to do with it eg redovelment or parks ect and good luck getting anything from the goverment at Federal level due to the whole "safe liberal seat" problems.

the only thing that is official so far is the State Goverment Grant which i contratuale Sibraa on getting but this payment aswell as any other funding from other levels is WAY overdue!

and then you compare It to other facilities and the funding that St George, Penrith, Newcastle, Parramatta, Sharks, Canberra ect get which is to not just get them to
H & S regulations (like we need to) but to update the stadiums well beyond that. Its unfair yes  but TBH there isnt much we can do about it & it amy take decades for the Warringah seat to turn from safe to unsafe for the liberals.

vidmar link said:
[quote author=reyam link=topic=181946.msg245025#msg245025 date=1256785203]
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=181946.msg245012#msg245012 date=1256779433]

Gotta love trolls...user name of Mayer in reverse is t'rific
[/quote]
[/quote]
            Give it up Vid a troll because I think Sibraa is a joke he has produced nothing (might be a nice bloke) if anyones a troll it is you spreading the PARTY line. Get in to the real world and in the real world your mate has produced nothing.People say he has got 10 million or so yet to be spent,until I see with my own eyes the money start to be spent I won't believe there is any money.
Lastly Vid I have been supporting the club longer then you have been in this country  :-*

reyam link said:
until I see with my own eyes the money start to be spent I won't believe there is any money.

It has already started to be spent. I documented on here a month ago where some of the funds have gone and the works completed. This included the replacement of stand seats to flip-ups, new ticketing booths and turnstyles, and new entrances including one being completely relocated. That do you?

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=reyam link=topic=181946.msg245035#msg245035 date=1256792946]
until I see with my own eyes the money start to be spent I won't believe there is any money.

It has already started to be spent. I documented on here a month ago where some of the funds have gone and the works completed. This included the replacement of stand seats to flip-ups, new ticketing booths and turnstyles, and new entrances including one being completely relocated. That do you?
[/quote] That's all good to know but surely that is not worth 10 to 12 million we are supposed to have, I thought the funds (if we have what we have been told) was meant to be going towards the new grandstand?

No, the Council money is basically being frittered away on paint jobs and such.  There is currently not the funds for a grandstand and corporate facilities, and won't be unless the Feds come to the party, which is unlikely at this point.

Probably one thing that could unite Manly fans is the need to get grandstand funding from the Feds and the need to put down this rabid psychologist woman and her plans to put a tadpole pond between the halfway line and the tryline at the southern end. 

From memory there has been something like $10.6M allocated between the State Govt and Warringah Council for Brookie upgrades. My guess is that the amount spent so far is heading towards $2M. The balance of money is held in trust by Warringah Council and is earning interest.

Mata is right, we need at least an additional $10M for a stand to be considered, and that is why lobbying efforts have been made to the Feds. The stand that has been proposed is to be built behind the eastern hill and mwse had architect sketches up on their web site at one time. Future works with existing funds are upgrades/replacements to general amenities including toilets, and alterations to the Jane Try stand.

The Council, despite debating the future of Brookie, have clearly stated that no scheduled upgrades during this summer will be delayed as a result of their planned community consultation process. My guess (again) is that something approaching another $2M will be put in to these works. In fairness to Christina Kirsch, she is on record as stating she wants Brookvale Oval to remain as a sports ground facility, and her honesty with that statement will be tested over the next 6 to 8 months.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8