Manly hopeful camp rekindles team spirit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
"We've got a few ideas [what's wrong], it's not some kind of huge obstacle we need to overcome. I've been in teams where there wasn't really an answer to fix it. This is not that team." - B J Lawrence was

Tom Trbojevic said while no-one in the team saw the type of performance dished up against Canterbury coming, the focus now was on winning their last two regular season games to ensure a finals finish and a bit of form heading into September.

"I think the attitude's been there. It's hard to put a finger on, we've just got to keep working hard," Trbojevic said.

How about you all move up with a bit of urgency in defense .... and stop bloody running sideways

"We've got a few ideas [what's wrong], it's not some kind of huge obstacle we need to overcome. I've been in teams where there wasn't really an answer to fix it. This is not that team." - B J Lawrence was

Tom Trbojevic said while no-one in the team saw the type of performance dished up against Canterbury coming, the focus now was on winning their last two regular season games to ensure a finals finish and a bit of form heading into September.

"I think the attitude's been there. It's hard to put a finger on, we've just got to keep working hard," Trbojevic said.

How about you all move up with a bit of urgency in defense .... and stop bloody running sideways

I can help............

Only pass the ball backwards.

Only pass the ball to your own team.

Actually try and catch a high ball (either in defence or attack, I'll let you choose)

When the Warriors scored 16 unanswered points against them last time I was worried they came back and won because the Warriors are a bigger basket case than us. Now I am not so sure and a loss to them will leave us contemplating over summer where we better than the Warriors this year or similar.

Cards - talking - banter....this happens at every other 15 teams also.
Truth is , there's not such a big gap between their best and worst form....the attitude we want improved is on the field.

Matthew wright looks like he is running in quicksand.

Wasn't far off, that ANZ turf was absolutely shocking. Players falling all over the place. Hard to be confident taking a run when your footing gives way.

Not an excuse for the performance by any means but those little things can add to playing differently to what you are used to.

To me, it is a bit embarrasing to see them hang off tackling like they do. Where is the mongrel?

I can help............

Only pass the ball backwards.

Only pass the ball to your own team.

Actually try and catch a high ball (either in defence or attack, I'll let you choose)
Uate had some chances to come up with the ball, I was confident with him in the air (both attack & defence). For next season Brad Parker may become a good catcher of the high ball which would mean we have two decent attacking weapons in the air next season. I think we are making enough points as it is and defence should be the aim (as should competing physically and moving up!!!). Catching the high ball is something we definitely need to learn in 2018 though

Hopefully some games of Twister, some singalongs around the campfire and some falling backwards and letting your team mates catch you. If all that is done in a safe and respectful environment where everyone feels valued then it can't but help turn around our season.

As mick malloy said in the classic movie crackerjack " LETS SQUASH EM LIKE ANTS ".

Yes, you can only but hope that happens.

One win will be enough to restore the confidence.

So let's see what they've got shall we.

They just need to play more soccer.

They certainly don't need to practice how to run forwards as a unit when defending the edges. The current tactic of having Kelly on his heels moving backwards whilst defending the line is working great. It's a great strategy to use when you have one of the smallest, poorest-tackling, down-on-confidence centres in the league.

Another thing that is working great is cutting out all of the offloads and quick play the balls.

A few more games of soccer at training and we'll be right.

IF, like last week and the week before, in the first few tackles of the match I see opposition players being allowed to stand in the tackle while 3 Manly blokes gently hold him and cuddle him and don't make the extra effort to throw him on the ground.... I will know nothing has changed.

IF I see opposition kickers have enough time to prepare a cut lunch before they kick a crossfield bomb right from inside our defensive 20m cause nobody deems kick pressure important.... I will turn off my TV and do something else.

IF the defensive line slides inside their own 20m zone and defends "block plays" like they have never ever seen such a thing before in their lives..... Click goes the remote. Call me in 2018.

This isn't coaching - its basic lack of effort. Doesn't require a team meeting, a game of cards, a week away with the boys, a video session, a team psychologist, A game of soccer.

This week we play another team who give up at the first sign of the going getting tough - the question is - at this stage are we even capable of making the going tough ???

They've done their talking on the field and the results are plain to see. A big steaming pile of sht.

Uate had some chances to come up with the ball, I was confident with him in the air (both attack & defence). For next season Brad Parker may become a good catcher of the high ball which would mean we have two decent attacking weapons in the air next season. I think we are making enough points as it is and defence should be the aim (as should competing physically and moving up!!!). Catching the high ball is something we definitely need to learn in 2018 though
Completely agree with this, Harry re the catching high balls. I've been bemoaning the lack of aerial game in our team for quite some time... pretty much non-existent since Killer's reign.

Uate has been a very pleasant and unexpected surprise in that department, to the point where he is the only one I have confidence in to successfully compete for a high ball.

Tommy T has been a major disappointment in this area and it is something he and the coaching staff should be working hard on. Apart from the important defensive need, he really should be a strike weapon for attacking bombs with his speed, height and athleticism.

This is also why I have been keen to see Parker given some more opportunity. He is also ideally built to be a weapon in the air. Imagine both Tom and Parker with confidence, skill and technique coming through to hunt attacking bombs? Quite scary what it could be.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10