Manly hopeful camp rekindles team spirit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
Chris Kennedy - NRL.com

Despondent Manly players are hoping this week's trip away to New Zealand will help them rediscover the mojo that appears to have deserted them over the past month.

‌Prop Brenton Lawrence and fullback Tom Trbojevic each said the chance to go into camp on Friday ahead of Sunday afternoon's crucial clash with the Warriors should give the players a chance to spend some quality time together and hopefully rediscover the spark that helped them push their way up to third place on the ladder as recently as five rounds ago.

"We're very tight-knit, we know what needs to happen. We'll just go out there and do it," said the Gold Coast-bound Lawrence on Monday.

"We've got a few ideas [what's wrong], it's not some kind of huge obstacle we need to overcome. I've been in teams where there wasn't really an answer to fix it. This is not that team."

Though he didn't name which squads, Lawrence was part of the Titans 2011 wooden spoon outfit. He was hopeful of finishing his Manly career on a high. He stressed this current Manly side is the same one that trounced the Sharks at Cronulla and twice downed the Roosters this season.

"It's the same squad that's won those good games and performed really well. We're not shying away from it. There's still a job to do," Lawrence said.

"Our first job is just to go over to New Zealand and get a win.

"It's a great feeling when we're in camp and feeding off each other and having a good time. There's a lot of banter, a lot of cards, just being together. Getting the lads together it's always a good time."

Trbojevic said while no-one in the team saw the type of performance dished up against Canterbury coming, the focus now was on winning their last two regular season games to ensure a finals finish and a bit of form heading into September.

"I think the attitude's been there. It's hard to put a finger on, we've just got to keep working hard," Trbojevic said.

"I've got full faith in the squad; we've beaten those best sides, the squad hasn't changed, we've just got to find our mojo again. The best way to do that is train hard."

Like Lawrence, Trbojevic praised the spirit in the team and looked forward to the chance to get away as a group.

"That's what has been really big for us, the way everyone wants to play for each other," Trbojevic said.

"It's why we've won the games we have won this year. We have to find that again and be looking to rekindle that again.

"We've got a couple of days over there [in New Zealand] before we play so we'll get away and being around everyone will definitely help. We'll focus on that. It'll be a tough one over there but we need to win so hopefully we can get up."

Words, just words.

I understand the media greedily want the " 30 second grab" and then make a huge story from it but the players should just say "
No Comment".

We need action, not words, like most I'm sick of words.

Show us your resolve boys, that's what I want to see!

Chris Kennedy - NRL.com

Despondent Manly players are hoping this week's trip away to New Zealand will help them rediscover the mojo that appears to have deserted them over the past month.

‌Prop Brenton Lawrence and fullback Tom Trbojevic each said the chance to go into camp on Friday ahead of Sunday afternoon's crucial clash with the Warriors should give the players a chance to spend some quality time together and hopefully rediscover the spark that helped them push their way up to third place on the ladder as recently as five rounds ago.

"We're very tight-knit, we know what needs to happen. We'll just go out there and do it," said the Gold Coast-bound Lawrence on Monday.

"We've got a few ideas [what's wrong], it's not some kind of huge obstacle we need to overcome. I've been in teams where there wasn't really an answer to fix it. This is not that team."

Though he didn't name which squads, Lawrence was part of the Titans 2011 wooden spoon outfit. He was hopeful of finishing his Manly career on a high. He stressed this current Manly side is the same one that trounced the Sharks at Cronulla and twice downed the Roosters this season.

"It's the same squad that's won those good games and performed really well. We're not shying away from it. There's still a job to do," Lawrence said.

"Our first job is just to go over to New Zealand and get a win.

"It's a great feeling when we're in camp and feeding off each other and having a good time. There's a lot of banter, a lot of cards, just being together. Getting the lads together it's always a good time."

Trbojevic said while no-one in the team saw the type of performance dished up against Canterbury coming, the focus now was on winning their last two regular season games to ensure a finals finish and a bit of form heading into September.

"I think the attitude's been there. It's hard to put a finger on, we've just got to keep working hard," Trbojevic said.

"I've got full faith in the squad; we've beaten those best sides, the squad hasn't changed, we've just got to find our mojo again. The best way to do that is train hard."

Like Lawrence, Trbojevic praised the spirit in the team and looked forward to the chance to get away as a group.

"That's what has been really big for us, the way everyone wants to play for each other," Trbojevic said.

"It's why we've won the games we have won this year. We have to find that again and be looking to rekindle that again.

"We've got a couple of days over there [in New Zealand] before we play so we'll get away and being around everyone will definitely help. We'll focus on that. It'll be a tough one over there but we need to win so hopefully we can get up."

translation : we'll get out on the lash, maybe chase some skanky kiwi whores where our better halves wont find out, and let's see what happens in the game

The danger with a lot of the media "talk" is that it's becoming more and more incongruent with what's happening on the field. How many times this year have we heard the phrase, "it's easily fixed"? That leads to trust issues and as we are seeing already, many fans are becoming very disbelieving of anything said now. I agree with comments above in that they would be better served to just shut up and get on with it. Even if they fail to achieve what they set out to do on the field at least they haven't compounded it with all this "talk" to the contrary.

How many team meetings and home truths has our team had this year ?
The truth is we are not going to improve if we don't replace players like Wright Kelly Brown etc with more strike power next season .
What controls games is power play from quality players and not fruitless pep talks . You can only talk so much . The coach has been talking to these players all year

untitled.png

How many team meetings and home truths has our team had this year ?
The truth is we are not going to improve if we don't replace players like Wright Kelly Brown etc with more strike power next season .
What controls games is power play from quality players and not fruitless pep talks . You can only talk so much . The coach has been talking to these players all year

View attachment 6330
Wright and Kelly let the side down last week (and Kelly has done so countlessly). It just is not good enough, i hope to see some changes

Forget all the lip service and the luvyduvy crap, get on the field and play focused and aggressively. Remember why you're getting those 100's of thousands of dollars and fight like it's a grand final. Remember what a privilege it is to be wearing the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles jersey. Now get out there and fight for your position in the team or risk being moved on.

Wright and Kelly let the side down last week (and Kelly has done so countlessly). It just is not good enough, i hope to see some changes
Just a thought . Sometimes its hip to think out side the square .
We need to get some complacency out of the team and replace some of our weakest links with the limited players we have .
1. Hastings- best percentage goal kicker , good general kicker and organizer and safe
2. Lane - Corey Oates type of play , long striding , powerful and cant be out jumped on the high ball
3. Tom
4. Walker
5. Uate
6. Green
7. DCE
8.Kappow
9. Api
10. Fanua Blake
11. Winterstein
12. Kelepi - he only knows one way , straight and hard
13. jake
14. Lawrence
15.Lussick
16. Perrett
17. Sironen . Is he back this week ? Can play in the backs or forwards . On the bench because he would not be match fit for 80 minutes .

I think the trip to NZ is timely. We have a great record against them and it's at least a chance for us to sure up a spot in the 8. The good thing is we ain't consistent so like the roosters performance we can turn up and win this. Who knows it might set us up for a win over Penrith in round 26. Like all here I'm as pissed as anyone over the last 2 weeks but whinging about it for 3 days following a loss is getting old. Everyone death rode us after round 2 and we went on and won some games. We make the 8 we have overachieved this year. Hey we win a game in the finals we've had a bloody great year. Bring on the warriors!

Is there a supporters group going with the team? Sounds like a sweet trip.

Yes the sweet deal of playing for Manly..................lifes a beach, drunken nights out, coke supplied directly by club sponsors, cash payments in the car park ..............only rudely interrupted each week by being asked to play a game of footie!!!

We need to get some complacency out of the team and replace some of our weakest links with the limited players we have .
1. Hastings- best percentage goal kicker , good general kicker and organizer and safe
2. Lane - Corey Oates type of play , long striding , powerful and cant be out jumped on the high ball
3. Tom
4. Walker
5. Uate
6. Green
7. DCE
8.Kappow
9. Api
10. Fanua Blake
11. Winterstein
13. jake
14. Lawrence
15.Lussick
16. Perrett
17. Sironen . Is he back this week ? Can play in the backs or forwards . On the bench because he would not be match fit for 80 minutes .

Lane playing the cuthbo role?

3. Tom
4. Walker
5. Uate
6. Green
7. DCE
8.Kappow
9. Api
10. Fanua Blake
11. Winterstein
13. jake
14. Lawrence
15.Lussick
16. Perrett
I really like some of your ideas there. I'd love for Tanginoa to play at second row whilst Sironen comes off the bench due to lacking match fitness (then swap when Siro returns to starting side). Holy **** Shaun Lane!! I could imagine him playing centre, a big, fast player who can cover defence with his size and speed, much better option than Kelly at current (although lazy at times I reckon it'd work).

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Matt Wright (I feel he's ok, but Kelly is making him look bad)
3. Dylan Walker
4. Shaun Lane
5. Akuila Uate
6. Blake Green
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Darcy Lussick/Lawrence
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Kelepi Tanginoa
13. Jake Trbojevic
14. Lewis Brown/Hastings
15. Curtis Sironen (return off bench for match fitness)
16. Lloyd Perrett/Lawrence/Lussick
17. Addin Fonua-Blake

3. Tom
4. Walker
5. Uate
6. Green
7. DCE
8.Kappow
9. Api
10. Fanua Blake
11. Winterstein
13. jake
14. Lawrence
15.Lussick
16. Perrett
At least Lane would be quicker than Matthew Wright who would have to be the slowest winger in the NRL

Winterstein would make a good winger as well

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8