Manly in Auckland

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I seriously cannot believe how much noise a small group of 60 made and am very pleased you could all hear us. At the post match function the players were raving about it, and raved even more when we stood on one side of the hall, and they on the other, whilst we sang "My Garden Shed" to them.....to a man they applauded us afterwards....it was just one of a LOT of special moments form the weekend.

The wife and I have surfaced at work a wee bit late this morning after a really enjoyable four days in NZid. We have travelled to matches in Melb and Brissie previously but for those trips we organised our own accommodation and then joined up with the MWTS group for the prematch function and game. This is the first time we’ve gone the whole hog and we had a great time. There was a wide cross section of people on this trip (although not many kids this time due to the nature and cost of the trip). There were folks from Emerald, Townsville, Cobar, and a number from the Central Coast region and other out of town areas.  You could join in as much of or as little of the activities as you wanted and it was great just to have a drink and a chat with people who are as passionate about Manly as yourself. 
The kiwis at Mt Smart Stadium didn’t know what hit them! From their reactions I doubt that they have encountered that kind of opposition supporter noise before.

For those considering joining a future trip I encourage you to take action. We won’t be going to Nth Qld but have the Gold Coast game on the June long weekend firmly in our sights. The game day is yet to be announced but this would be a perfect opportunity for first timers to get involved.
Thanks  to Mark and his lovely wife Rosemary for the excellent organisation of the trip. Well done.
Nb: The Bradzas have kept up our 100% (4 from 4) out of state travelling strike rate!!
Cheers
Dave & Mel

This makes me even madder that the NRL only releases the draw 5 weeks ahead. It is too hard for people in certain industries to get work off that close to games to partake in these sort of ventures but they sound just unreal. Grrrrrr.

Thanks Dave and Mel, pleased you enjoyed the weekend, going the "whole hog" is the only way, you get to experience the "full" experience and the madness that is the MWTS.

CW you are SO right, if we could get them at the start of the season (like the AFL) how good would that be.

Bradza's post pretty much summed it all up.... well apart from Vidmar doing a "Freddie Fitler" about 4.00am in the morning of Sunday...but that is another story and as you know what goes on tour stays on tour.

Interesting about the "Fittler" incident At least Vidmar didn't leave a present in the hallway for the cleaners like another Rooster, well I hope he didnt anyway - that would be very embarrassing

I wonder if Vid was wearing his gum boots at time?  I bet he was going BAAAA  BAAAA as well................LOL

Cmon Vid tell us the 'real story'

The Wheel link said:
I wonder if Vid was wearing his gum boots at time?  I bet he was going BAAAA  BAAAA as well................LOL

Cmon Vid tell us the 'real story'

And we can assume from the above confession that "it" happened in Mark's room  ::)

No chance.....confirmed 110% by a person VERY close to Vid's heart......I'll let him elaborate (if he wants) when he returns on Thursday, no little "reminders" left (thank goodness), just a fair bit of embarressment I imagine at thinking the front door was the dunny door!!

The things that happen on tour, fair dinkum you would not be dead for quids!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
No chance.....confirmed 110% by a person VERY close to Vid's heart......I'll let him elaborate (if he wants) when he returns on Thursday, no little \"reminders\" left (thank goodness), just a fair bit of embarressment I imagine at thinking the front door was the dunny door!!

The things that happen on tour, fair dinkum you would not be dead for quids!!

LOL....Whatever happened to goes on tour?

I must have got out of bed to go to the loo whilst still 3/4 asleep but woke up to the sound of the hotel room door closing behind me....Luckily I wasn't alone and was let back in pretty quickly!

No damage done but of course much mirth when the story was related at breakfast by my girlfriend.

Great trip, big gathering at the hotel Friday night for the "meet and greet" and wonderful to see a healthy mix of "old heads" and first time travellers with the MWTS.

Saturday was "trip day" to a local island for most of the crew but we headed down to the Viaduct area for a wander and a spot of lunch having planned to catch up with a local mate.

We bumped in to a couple from Christchurch wearing Manly colours and they joined the group for the weekend and had a ball as did 4 other guys from the South Island that were there to see the Eagles and who by chance were booked in to the same hotel and were amazed when they found out there were around 60 MWTS there as well.

Saturday night we took over O'Hagans Irish pub and a great night was had with many locals enjoying the craic with the boys and girls and of course great that Graham popped in to say G'day and belt out a tune on stge with the 2 local singists that were performing.

Sunday at the Mad Butchers lounge was great and the look of amazement from the locals seeing such a large vocal support group from out of town was brilliant.

Good to get a win and much celebrations followed including the post match function with the players and staff.

I got back late last night but saw a bit of the game that was recorded and now see what MB meant with his comment above...Great bit of commentary on Fox along the lines of "Look at that lot, they have come over in numbers from everywhere to support their team and great to see them celebrating"

Very much what the whole "game going experience" is all about and of course all welcome.

Melbourne in just over a week will see only around 20 travelling due to the Monday fixture (I'll post on here our plans after the weekend so that others can join is if they wish) but the Townsville game (A Saturday evening) looks like we will have good numbers as we will of course have for the Titans game for the long weekend (looks like it will be a Friday)

Hope to see some of you with us at some stage

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7