Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
Bloooooooooooooooooooodsheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

Does it lead to a Waaaaaaaaaaaaaar- cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeest?!?!?!?!?

Anyway. It's 8.10am here. 'mornin.

I said at the start of all this that Des. DCE and the Fultons all need to go. Sweep the place clean and start again. We'll it's happening but will they have the balls to ditch the captain.

A club without a History is a club without a Soul

Our proud winning History defies our Legendary club

The Incomparable Immortals spirit will never leave us and his Great Manly Legacy will live for ever

See the source image

I’m no finance guru or salary cap manager,but pretty sure the club won’t be pushing DCE out the door
They want to change the losing culture and the acceptance of mediocrity then DCE has to be either stripped of the captaincy or bounced out the door entirely. No half measures here. This is blood letting a failing business 101.

They want to change the losing culture and the acceptance of mediocrity then DCE has to be either stripped of the captaincy or bounced out the door entirely. No half measures here. This is blood letting a failing business 101.
I agree with the captaincy situation,but they kick him out,he costs the club on the cap for maybe three years depending on negotiations and there’s a distinct lack of better options,especially with the money that maybe available

Last edited:
When front office is doing well. On field a team is often doing well. All moving parts that make up a club.

It might be a case of well done Big Tony.

At the very least what we are seeing is, its not just the Des camp getting moved on.

Interesting that a poster on here, many months back, suggest that both the DES and Fulton crews would be moved on.

And at a that time, both camps not having an ear in a positive way, higher up the chain just seemed very unlikely.

Now I don't even know who the Waring factions were exactly. But that poster is either Nostradamus or the fresh start continues.

Not sure i see agree with Ole Jacks front office quote, but it sure doesn't hurt.

I think if we dont see instant success we are in for a real rocky road because Mr Fluffy (is wrong) thinks this is a premiership winning roster.

Come Origin I if we are 2-8 or 3-7 do we expect the owner to remove all and sundry and start again???

Fingers crossed we have won 6 or 7 games by then.

At first i thought Fulton's sacking was a Clearing of the Decks in preperation for Laurie Daley and was quite excited, now it seems it's just a case of a game of Wack a Mole.

Not sure i see agree with Ole Jacks front office quote, but it sure doesn't hurt.

I think if we dont see instant success we are in for a real rocky road because Mr Fluffy (is wrong) thinks this is a premiership winning roster.

Come Origin I if we are 2-8 or 3-7 do we expect the owner to remove all and sundry and start again???

Fingers crossed we have won 6 or 7 games by then.
Well @bob dylan the proof will be after about Rd 10 next year. If we are 2-8 then it's pitch forks and torches. If we're 8-2 then it's red carpet and streamers. Proof will be in the results. Fail this and Penn will be ready for the boiling oil and the rack

At first i thought Fulton's sacking was a Clearing of the Decks in preperation for Laurie Daley and was quite excited, now it seems it's just a case of a game of Wack a Mole.
You'd want to think there's a well thought out strategic plan behind all this. God I hope so.

A dramatic change of culture with Mestrov stamping his authority, I personally think that the club has needed a sledge hammer for some time. Everyone is now on notice, the free and easy days are over. Finally some professionalism 👍

Dan is going to hire him for this place!!!!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8