Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
Penn has drove us into the ground. He is to blame for DCE's massive contract. Jake and Tom too much money....Blacktown is an out and out failure.,,,,,, Barrett ...How many CEO's.....etc etc etc.....And what have we heard from the fool...jack sh1t
Hard to disagree with any of that, Frogz. But I still think not hearing from Penn is better than hearing from him.

I have no issues with the 7 doing what they did, but with the marketing clowns behind the scenes who sprung the pride jersey on them. The whole thing could have been avoided if a few conversations had taken place. Half of them probably would have even worn the jersey if the club had respected them enough to consult them first.

Having said that, the 7 being at the club now does worry me because if they and the fans can't let bygones be bygones, the damage will be systemic and take years to heal. In the meantime some of our most promising youngsters will go to other clubs.

Meanwhile every other club who wasn't stupid enough to pull this sort of s#!t will benefit from this cluster #$@!. Just great.

I lost interest in rugby league a bit around the northern eagles debacle, but in 2005 my passion got reinvigorated. Thanks BK. Since then I've missed stuff all games. And if I have I've been spewing. Even in the years we've missed semis I'll still watch the games.

Today I just didn't. I'm so deflated by this season and when my Raiders mate texted me. I wasnt even angry. Just apothetic about it.

This just reminds me of the super league fall out era. I'm almost beyond caring.

I couldn’t be bothered scrolling through all of this thread because it’s tiresome to me. I’ve been following Manly since Bob Fulton became my favourite player as a kid. So since the early 70s. And I’ve seen all of this before.

1979, the year after our magnificent gf win in 78, we missed the semis. Our best player, Grahame Eadie, was in woeful form, playing like he had plastic hands according to Rugby League Week at the time. The club was in disarray, players hated each other (apparently).
We failed again to make the finals in 1980 after signing Boyd, Dorahy and Brown. No spirit, gutless, was how we were described then.
We went on to make the semis in 81, and the GF in 82 and 83 but lost both unfortunately.

I’m not going to bore you with the various other seasons where we were a laughing stock including getting 60 put on us at least twice in the early 2000s. We know what happened after that.

The point is, this is a resilient club and it will bounce back. And I, as a supporter am showing the same resilience. I watched today to the bitter end, pointing out to my young bloke that while it’s disappointing, we stick solid. And if I am going to walk away when things get tough, than I would be embarrassed to show up when things inevitably turn around.

This is not to say that everything’s ok and things don’t need to change. But they will, and I’ll be here when that happens. Starting by watching the boys next week.

The players simply do not want to be there. Some of them don't appear to want to play for each other, or the club for that matter. The body language between some of them, says a lot more than the bull**** that DCE and Des are spinning in the pressers. The whole club, admin included, is just going through the motions until seasons end. The club has become an embarrassment to its fans, and a laughing stock to the rest of the NRL.

Who was the bloke who was with des in 2011 and went to the bulldogs with him and then was football manager at the tigers.

Toovey or flano would be great for des.

Who was the bloke who was with des in 2011 and went to the bulldogs with him and then was football manager at the tigers.

Mate, don't quote me, but I think it was (at least in 2008), Des, Siebold and Arthur. No-one would mess with that group - they wouldn't dare protest a jersey.

You should now change to Merchant of Hope Ryan 😆
It's the Dogs mate. Hope isn't required. All we need to do is try a little, and we'll get the cookies.

Des knows the headlines if we lose this one all off season (biggest ever losing streak) and he won't let that happen.

They'll care for that exact reason.

Given it's unlikely Toovey will be back I do think Flanno would work well. He should be open to a side kick role as he has essentially been blacklisted at this stage. But also Des may be moved into a different role in the next few years (provided he gets the team back playing for eachother).

I think him and Des would be a great pair. Together they'd be more than capable of taking control over the playing group and re-shaping the team. I know he has broken the rules one too many times, but irrespective of the morality behind that it does speak to his competitive nature. We need to use whatever leverage we can to force ourselves back into shape for 23'. Just a few different characters around with different ideas and methods would be nice (combined with refining the roster of course..)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kelly Egan was with Des at the Dogs, then general manager at the Tigers and now recruitment manager at the Raiders.

It's the Dogs mate. Hope isn't required. All we need to do is try a little, and we'll get the cookies.

Des knows the headlines if we lose this one all off season (biggest ever losing streak) and he won't let that happen.

They'll care for that exact reason.
I will tip the boys to win. I always do in every game (including todays). I will never win a tipping competition because of this illogical idiosyncracy. I will watch the match with an expectation of a Manly win. I think all of us go into every game with the hope of a win. That's inherent with being a welded on Manly supporter.

However, @Merchant Of Doom the likelihood of jagging a win against the Dogs is pretty low. We could probably overcome our lack of depth, and the number of players we have out. Unfortunately we possibly cannot overcome the fractured team dynamics, or the poor attitude and lack of commitment of some of our players to the team, and to themselves.

Kelly Egan was with Des at the Dogs, then general manager at the Tigers and now recruitment manager at the Raiders.
Bingo your a legend @ALinda I couldn't remember his name. He worked well with des.

People saying Hales shoild go it won't happen he is rated highly apparently.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11