Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
To answer the original question Mark, the only ones who really know the answer are the players...we're just on the outside of the dressing room looking in. So my guess, for what it's worth, is that Des hasn't lost the dressing room...yet. He still has the respect of the players.

DCE on the other hand, could well have. I've watched DCE and his body language at our games many times and felt, particularly after the opposition has scored or the chips are down, he doesn't have the leadership skills and enough "oomph" for the players to take any notice. I want to see him really barking at the players, like Jake does occasionally, but it's not in his nature.

Realistically, however, I can't see him (and his pride) losing the captaincy and think the only solution is for DCE and Jake to be co-captains.

Ok I’ve posed this question on a few other threads but really I think at the point we are at it deserves its own thread.

So , without any inside knowledge , or without it being mentioned in the media ( it might after this ) it’s really a simple question , has one ( either ) or both lost the dressing room??

And is this more what’s happening than a split in the group because of “ pridegate”??

This isn’t a question of , “ can Des Coach “ or “ is DCE doing a good or bad job “ rather , has it actually gone past that point already.

Over to you oh faithfull Silvertailers
I think the first line says it all.

I've posted this multiple times before but didn't get the response I was after so I'm going to start a thread in hope of getting that answer that Im after. .....

all good each t your own...

But NO and NO is my answer.

To be fair, they've just completed the new centre of excellence and all the new facilities, so maybe they just don't know the way to the new dressing rooms yet.

I'm sure they'll find them.

I've posted this multiple times before but didn't get the response I was after so I'm going to start a thread in hope of getting that answer that Im after. .....

You
Don't
Attack
Mark

Mate it’s a forum , you ask questions you get responses , no answer is completely right or completely wrong , none of us here are insiders in the coaching or playing group.

It’s opinions.

And yes I did get some responses when I mentioned it before , but not everyone reads every thread so I thought it deserved its own.

If you read all the way through it you’d probably agree that there’s lots of views, including yours, which is noted !!

Maybe the question should be ... Who does have the dressing room?

Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 7.06.59 am.png

Mate it’s a forum , you ask questions you get responses , no answer is completely right or completely wrong , none of us here are insiders in the coaching or playing group.

It’s opinions.

And yes I did get some responses when I mentioned it before , but not everyone reads every thread so I thought it deserved its own.

If you read all the way through it you’d probably agree that there’s lots of views, including yours, which is noted !!
Sorry. Just taking the piss.

I think I may need to retire for season 2022 as I appear to be rubbing many up the wrong way which may or may not be subconscious.

In other words I'm not sure if I'm meaning to or not. Strange.......

Sorry. Just taking the piss.

I think I may need to retire for season 2022 as I appear to be rubbing many up the wrong way which may or may not be subconscious.

In other words I'm not sure if I'm meaning to or not. Strange.......
All good

I don’t take things too seriously on here.

As I say it’s a forum , with opinions , that will differ.

I get both sides of every story and as I say no one is ever completely wrong because it’s just their views.

I used to be ( 2005-2013) very closely connected to the club through my supporter tours / functions so I used to hear lots of stuff first hand ( much of which I couldn’t repeat on here ) but these days just a long suffering fan.

I actually don’t know the answer to the question I’m posing , but if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck , then it’s definitely a duck.

And it appears to me that Des is possibly “ past it “ and that might be reflected in the way the players react, they don’t seem to be well coached.

And the youngsters must wonder “ will I ever get a crack here or do I need to go to another club to get a start “.

As to DCE, I’ve supported him for a long time , you won’t find too many negative comments of mine about him BUT I’m starting to wonder “ do the players respect him as the on field captain “ ?? To be honest I having my doubts.

The magnificent 7 was certainly the icing on the cake BUT the cracks started to appear before that.

So agree or disagree ( and that’s fine ) it’s an interesting discussion.

I wouldmlove to see the walker brothers in as assistant coaches. A mix between Des and something completely different could work wonders.

By the way happy to get some opposing views , no answer is wrong , and it’s not a bashing excercise rather just a “ yes they have , yes he has , or no they haven’t “.

Yes and they trot out the "don't want to air our dirty laundry in public" line.

But the players are happy to not care, and not have a dig, in public which is embarrassing everyone. I wonder if it's not a deliberate move to force the club to release them or do they want Des and or DCE sacked.

There is more going on here than injury and pride jerseys in my opinion.

Yes and they trot out the "don't want to air our dirty laundry in public" line.

But the players are happy to not care, and not have a dig, in public which is embarrassing everyone. I wonder if it's not a deliberate move to force the club to release them or do they want Des and or DCE sacked.

There is more going on here than injury and pride jerseys in my opinion.
Yes that thought had certainly crossed my mind too.

If I was leading as badly as DCE is at the moment I would step aside.

No surprise our best games this year with players out of position during SOO we still won. That I think answers half of your questions.
Stepping aside might actually improve his playing game as well.

Jake or Tom or both are the obvious choices.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12