Manly Look Set To Stay At Brookvale Oval With $10m State Government Upgrade Grant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So does that make $20m all together? Or is this the same $10m Perry said we already had in the bank?

FANTASTIC NEWS!! thank god sanity prevailed

lol at Tooves on NRL260 when he was told Todd Lowrie thinks FB is a ****hole, responded with "who cares what Todd Lowrie thinks!" hahaha.

One a side note, I'm so happy and proud Toovey is our coach; you can't put a value on the passion he brings to our beloved Manly - can't wait to see him celebrating his first minor premiership, followed by his first GF win as coach :) Kick ass Tooves! you are a bloody legend. And to think some doubted you could fill De$'$ shoes, you have completely outgrown them.

Stevo said:
So does that make $20m all together? Or is this the same $10m Perry said we already had in the bank?
It must be $20 m. 10 from Cmonwealth govt, 10 from State Govt. Surely. The State govt could not proudly announce a grant, that is really just the Cmonwealth's money. What would be the point.?

Fantastic news!!

Don't sterilize rugby league with boring stadiums. These local suburban grounds like Brookie are what makes rugby league great.

Mark from Brisbane said:
3000 x $50 probably gets a lot more income than 5000 x $20, so that answers that question

But agree less people

Origianl design was to keep about 2/3 of the hill so you would have had 3000 X $50 + 3300 X $20

Seemed the most balanced approach to keep the style and feel yet improve seating and corporate.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Stevo said:
It must be $20 m. 10 from Cmonwealth govt, 10 from State Govt. Surely. The State govt could not proudly announce a grant, that is really just the Cmonwealth's money. What would be the point.?

That's what i get from it.

Although the article says that the federal government has only pledged $10m to us and Perry said a week or so ago that that money is already in the bank.

Sounds like both governments have only talked about giving it to us but there has been no actual transfer of funds. It's a little confusing.

Yes, it's $20 million all together. The project will cost $25 million with the remaining $5 million to come from private investors.

Gee you lot are hard to please. Abbott has fulfilled his pledge and Baird is about to do the same. FFS be happy, the deal is done, we will be at Brookie forever now.

Construction start in the off season?

Haha. Probably years off with all the beauracracy and differing ideas on the space.

"The Sea Eagles need between $20 million and $25 million for the new stand, the Federal Government has already pledged $10 million.

That would another $10 million from Mr Baird or attracting some private investors. No final decision has been made but Manly remain more than confident they can strike a deal with the State Government."

Ralphie said:
Yes, it's $20 million all together. The project will cost $25 million with the remaining $5 million to come from private investors.

Gee you lot are hard to please. Abbott has fulfilled his pledge and Baird is about to do the same. FFS be happy, the deal is done, we will be at Brookie forever now.

**** off Ralph. Who said they were unhappy with it?

All i said was it's a bit confusing as to who has given us what!

Ralphie said:
"The Sea Eagles need between $20 million and $25 million for the new stand, the Federal Government has already pledged $10 million.

That would another $10 million from Mr Baird or attracting some private investors. No final decision has been made but Manly remain more than confident they can strike a deal with the State Government."

Exactly. No one has given us money yet according to those two statements.

So when Perry said he had $10m in the bank already is he a liar or are those to statements above not accurate?

That can be raised by the club. Someone can go around the games with a chip in for brookie plate.

In all seriousness. Does anyone know what the plan is? I remember ages ago there was a grand stand built sort of behind the hill with the hill remaining? This would INCREASE gates and add class to it. The report from DR (even though hes a plodder) says that it will be on the hill with grass in between. That's silly as we will lose the capacity.

I hope its as per the original plans as they looked good.

These are the ones I found but it says 50 million plans. I am sure I saw other ones from the Council website someone posted on here that were for a 25 million upgrade.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/m-plan-to-revamp-brookvale-oval/story-e6frexnr-1226155236514

It says a huge amount for persistence and the people who never gave up trying to get the money. Congratulations to all of you and thanks.

I hope we can get a bit more than $5M as Brookie deserves a really good looking makeover and that won't be cheap.

Well done to the governments as I didn't think this would ever come about.

Ralphie said:

Norths fans were happy when their deal was done to build a stadium on the central coast too. Their future was secure lol.

It will be fantastic. With this State Gov, nothing leaks out unless it is a done deal. Trust me.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2