Manly players in origin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nah, it's not Mitch Porter. It's a kid called Josh Portlock. He hasn't played TC for us at all this year, I really don't know much of his back story to be honest. But he had a very solid game (well, second half from what I saw).

willstyles link said:
Nah, it's not Mitch Porter. It's a kid called Josh Portlock. He hasn't played TC for us at all this year, I really don't know much of his back story to be honest. But he had a very solid game (well, second half from what I saw).

From http://www.qrl.com.au/display.php?pg_id=4771

Young Blues Defeat Qld U18s

NEW South Wales centre Josh Portlock crossed for two tries tonight as the Blues beat Queensland 24-6 in the Under 18 representative clash.

The young Blues took a 10-6 lead into the half-time break and they were never troubled in the second half.

After two near misses after the resumption of play, the home team finally turned their mountain of possession into points when Portlock forced his way through some flimsy defence on the right edge.

Chad Townsend added the extras for a 16-6 scoreline.

The Blues’ lead grew to 12 points when Townsend booted an easy penalty kick from in front of the posts.

Queensland tried desperately to get back into the match, but the young Maroons couldn’t make the most of their half chances.

NSW five-eighth Albert Kelly played a starring role for the Blues.

The talented Eels playmaker was devastating with the ball in hand and his kicking game was also a feature of his top class performance.

For the Maroons, hooker Kurt Baptiste impressed with his high work rate in attack and defence.

NEW SOUTH WALES 24 (Josh Portlock 2, Nathan Massey, Joseph Roqoko tries; Chad Townsend 4 goals) def QUEENSLAND 6 (Michael Morgan try, Jordan Rankin goal) at ANZ Stadium.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Dan if this should have gone into the "Articles" section but I just thought that it was relevant to the topic and the latest posts by nita & willstyles.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

willstyles link said:

Ohhh yes i remember that name.. my bad  :-X

most of these players are SG ball i would imagine, Hoppa is just that much above

I would have thought with the toyota cup being such a great thing etc etc that the SOO match would have been played at that age group, would certainly be a winner for those who kill it

Fluffy link said:
most of these players are SG ball i would imagine, Hoppa is just that much above

At a guess I would say more than 60% (and that is a modest guess) have played in the toyota cup in the past fortnight. Every name mentioned in the QRL story aside from Portlock has played Toyota Cup recently. Albert Kelly/Chad Townsend/Rankin/Baptiste etc.

Josh Portlock is the son of former 80's NRL player Wayne Portlock. Josh is a local junior - goes to school at Freshwater High. He is training with the Toyota Cup team. Hopefully he might get a run this year although the depth in the centres and wing is strong.

He has great potential imo.  He positions himself deep and runs great lines. He will definately be a player to watch in Toyota Cup in 2010.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6