Manly players in origin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
eggson, no special mention for Barrett please.  Lucky to stay on the field after his blatant, late, rubbish hit.  Should be rubbed out of the game for that.  He'll get two weeks when Inglis will be out for two months.  NSW had the ref in their pockets, as well as the video idiots making up for their howler in Melbourne.  Unfair imo.  Drop all Manly players so they can play for us.  Put on the under 12s, they can play better.  Qld to win 8 straight. 

ManlyBacker link said:
Seeya Bellyache - you won't be missed.

I thought Weyman was our best forward. Huge gains in the trenches. Farra and Gallen were just dreadful and along with Wallace these three cost us any hope. I thought Barrett came off as I didn't sight him for 30 minutes. We never deserved to get that close on the scoreboard and this Maroon side is one of the all time great line-ups.

The guy filling in for Hadley whilst he is on holidays was going on at the opening of the show this morning about how excellent that Hayne & Gidley played last night. He must have been watching a different game because I didn't see Gidley do anything spectacular did you?

Jethro - Hayne was a standout for NSW (again and again!). Gidley did so little it was embarrassing. Never has so little been done by so many for the Blues. I also should have added O'Donnell as one who did his best. nrl.com has Weyman doing just 8 runs - I can't believe that?!

They should seriously go back to some youngsters for SOO3 and plan for 2011. Keep Choc, Hayne, Weyman, O'Donnell, Lyon, and then they can do what they like with all the other positions.

Choc had a great game, but the thing that annoyed me was Creagh was gettin all the wide-running balls out left, and Choc was forced to play much more in the middle. When Choc came on, Creagh should have gone inward and played much more of a hit-up game and let Choc run out wide.

One wide run from Creagh saw him get to within 5m of the line, and I reckon Choc running that exact same run would have seen his pace get to the line and all but score.

I hope Williams doesn't become the scape-goat. The run where I think Folou scored (after Williams dropped it), Folou went straight through Farah and Poore.

MB, I totally agree with you regarding Hayne. The opening half of the game he was the only one who appeared to be doing anything at SOO level and looked dangerous. I think that he dropped off a bit later on because it looked like he may have picked up a little bit of a leg injury. In a couple of later tackles I saw him grimace and get up hobbling a little bit.

With regard to to SOO3, I think that it is a waste of time and an unnecessary player injury risk that every one could do without because the series has already been won and even if NSW won the 3rd game it would mean nothing and it would be said that Qld let them have it because they already had the series. As the game will go ahead, I also totally agree with you that they should keep the players that you mentioned and go back to some youth and plan for 2010 with a new coach.

CliffyIsGod link said:
I hope Williams doesn't become the scape-goat.

I agree. He is a better player than what was on display last night. Who's to say that Bellamy hadn't instructed him prior to the game or at the halftime break to try that kick that he did. It's not like his normal style of play but if he had won the race for the ball he would have scored his 2nd try.

I said 2011 because if you follow the Qld lead we should stick with a team for that long - no matter how painful and how poor we may be next year. I just can't see a NSW team gelling next year, and even if they do it will be a huge ask for them to get on top of the current maroon line-up.

Just on Williams, he made 148 metres, second behind Hayne. Scored a try that wasn't of a drop ball like all the others, and made 3 line breaks, most on ground.

Does anybody know the result of the other game that Hoppa Jnr played and how did he go?

Choc went out there with something to prove, and boy did he prove it. If he comes back to the Manly camp playing like that, we are going to really start looking like a real threat again

hop jnr tried to get involved.. but no one got him involved really.. that centre on the left hand side was hogging the ball and made a million mistakes  :mad: grrr.. but hop jnr was solid enough imo

willstyles link said:
Cannot believe how good Choc was. That's the best game I think I've ever seen him play. He turned the match into NSW's favour and had every single Queensland forward peaking out the corner of their eye when they were passed the ball. Hayne was amazing in the first half, but quiet in the second. I'd say he was NSW's best. Gave us a chance to win. And he smashed a few bastards, so I'd give it to him anyway.

That is the Choc we want to see.

I also thought Lyon was excellent. Didn't get great service from the halves but got on the outside of his man a number of times, was fantastic in defence and always looked threatening. We looked dangerous when they went to him.

Gifty wasn't his best, roamed well, linked with Killer nicely but didn't seem to have a proper role nailed down for him. Dropped ball was poor, but he wasn't alone there.

Kite was quiet, strong in defence, tried his hardest to get involved when on the field (took two hit-ups a set a few times), but as has been said, no game time.

And the wolfman.... Wow. I know it's tough to ignore those two mistakes, but other than that he had a fairly solid game. Such a shame that those two mistakes set up the QLD victory.... And what blunders they were. Thankfully he didn't look to rattled after the game, I think he will grow a lot from the experience of Origin and actually from making those errors as well.

But as far as Manly goes, tonight was all about Choc. Bring it back to Manly champ, be the man every team fears. You know you have it in you.

great summary  :)

my poor wolfy.. but as you said.. i think he did well to stay solid and not get into a hole. i was devastated for him.. hopefully he gets another chance.. it's not like he has massive defensive flaws or other big problems in his game a la steve turner.. people drop balls, it happens.. Wolfy is good enough

ManlyBacker link said:
I said 2011 because if you follow the Qld lead we should stick with a team for that long - no matter how painful and how poor we may be next year. I just can't see a NSW team gelling next year, and even if they do it will be a huge ask for them to get on top of the current maroon line-up.
  It may happen quicker than you think.  Price and Petero have been the unsung heroes for years and surely have 0-1 years left.  Every time Qld were in trouble those two banged out 10 each.

Plus if Qld get an injury in the outside backs they are thin for cover.  They got away with Tonga last night, but we all saw what he was capable of at Origin level in 2004 when Gasnier/Cooper toyed with him.

CliffyIsGod link said:
I think I heard 26-8 or so NSW. No idea how Will went...

Willstyles?

I missed the first half, but Hopp was quiet in the second. NSW dominated the game, the kid we had in the centres scored a double but he can't even crack our Toyota Cup squad as far as I know? Was very unlucky not to have a third as well... His name escapes me though. Porter? Portlock? Something along those lines.

Gary Riccardi (halfback from our 20s squad) was the utility on Queensland's bench. Didn't get much of a chance to shine as QLD were convincingly beaten and NSW had most of the ball, but he's got a bit of size about him for a halfback!

Kite - Was as he has been all year... quite embarrassing really for his standards.

Watmough - Was sensational

Wolfman - Was unusually below average... I mean he rarely drops the ball for us but he did it twice. To be fair to him they were 2 absolutely cracking tackles.

Gifty - Was ok.... did a few good things and not too many bad things.

Lyon - didn't get much of a chance but looked ok when he did.

Hayne - is an absolute freakish player.... he will be a blue for as long as he wants.

eggson link said:
Williams has been made the scapegoat for this origin...  
That really annoys me. Why do goats always get the bad rap amongst animals? You never hear of a scapewolf, or bear etc. Goats are definitely being scapegoated on this issue.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=eggson link=topic=180875.msg229600#msg229600 date=1245885391]

Williams has been made the scapegoat for this origin... 
That really annoys me. Why do goats always get the bad rap amongst animals? You never hear of a scapewolf, or bear etc. Goats are definitely being scapegoated on this issue.
[/quote]

Not to mention the photos that willo still has of Des and the goat.  Cuthbo and Hargraves obviously lost their photos. 

willstyles link said:
[quote author=CliffyIsGod link=topic=180875.msg229625#msg229625 date=1245890149]
I think I heard 26-8 or so NSW. No idea how Will went...

Willstyles?

I missed the first half, but Hopp was quiet in the second. NSW dominated the game, the kid we had in the centres scored a double but he can't even crack our Toyota Cup squad as far as I know? Was very unlucky not to have a third as well... His name escapes me though. Porter? Portlock? Something along those lines.

Gary Riccardi (halfback from our 20s squad) was the utility on Queensland's bench. Didn't get much of a chance to shine as QLD were convincingly beaten and NSW had most of the ball, but he's got a bit of size about him for a halfback!
[/quote]

Mitch Porter.. from what i've heard he's had some niggling injuries. He's had a few games - I don't watch toyota cup every week, but his game against the roosters was fantastic.. that same game lussick carved it up

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4