Manly pride of the league..........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brissie Kid said:
Apparently nobody ever moved to the Sea Eagles willingly. They were all bribed or stolen. Thus the club's successes can be explained.
The rabbits forum has a thread on players Manly have plundered from Souths over the years. That is the secret to our success. We don't have to lure players or chase them or even sign them, we just plunder them. Love it!

Brissie Kid said:
This in the C-M isn't too bad either. Has a few inaccuracies though that most Manly fans will pick up. I'm pretty sure Wests were face slapping each other before Boyd, Brown & Dorahy signed with Manly not after. Manly didn't take Jamie Lyon from Parra. Manly didn't grab very many players from England or RU at all over the years. As for 1947's birth of Manly being the downfall of Norths in 1999, that's a bit of a stretch. On 2nd thoughts, maybe this article isn't that good!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-thrive-on-our-collective-hate/story-fniabksc-1226727269417

Manly Sea Eagles just love being the club we all hate

Grantlee Kieza
The Courier-Mail
September 26, 2013

I think this old narrative needs to be retired. The silvertail era has long been superseded by clubs created from nothing and owned by corporations. Anyone remember the import rule? The Storm just wouldn't exist.

People should only hate the club cause it's strong and proud, and represents the best of regions, not because they were once well healed and pioneered player acquisition which is just de riguer now ( except we still produce and develop talent).

It's also a bit rich from the news limited broncos courier mail.

The editor should hook that article. It reads like it wqs written and proof read by a queenslander

Dan said:
The editor should hook that article. It reads like it wqs written and proof read by a queenslander

You spelt was wrong. :p Queenslander's will win this game for us tonight!! :)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Brissie Kid said:
Apparently nobody ever moved to the Sea Eagles willingly. They were all bribed or stolen. Thus the club's successes can be explained.
The rabbits forum has a thread on players Manly have plundered from Souths over the years. That is the secret to our success. We don't have to lure players or chase them or even sign them, we just plunder them. Love it!

They've also gone in to great detail as to why they got this name - evidently it was because they used the ball in the 20's and entertained.
Claims the closest to today's version is the Wests Tigers - it always entertains me watching them get lapped by 13+ most weeks.

So since it's that way - one thing all Manly sides have been tough so we could be 'the steel of the league' lol

Something that's always made me laugh about Souths fans is how much they cling on to the 20 Premierships none of which most of the supporters weren't alive to see.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6