"Manly push boundaries. Parramatta are disciplined"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SOLUTIONS

1. Bunker to adjudicate on in goal decisions only
2. Touchies to control the lines only, not be 2nd & 3rd refs. Start some HIA retired players to get them into the ranks of referees at a later stage.
3 "6 agains" good for TV stations only. If controlled by ref AND clear signals given for reason to start again, maybe OK.
4. Get rid of bunker on field decisions such as 10mm bubble knock-ons into tackler. As long as the ball doesnt hit the ground, play on.
5. Refs ONLY to decide on foul play. If the ref doesn't see it and the crowd doesn't see it, play on. If blood "appears", refer to judiciary for post match decision.
6. Keep it simple and the crowds will come back.

I believe he indicated that there was no question of any wrong doing by Tuipulotu. (the camera even shows Christian going in low and not even looking at the player) but GA said that even though it was accidental, it's a hit to the head and all hits to the head are penalised.

(Now I'm quite sure we see a lot of contact to the head let go in games as refs deem them incidental).

So it was a bit like 'ice' hockey. Rule used to be "No matter what, even it is absolutely an accident, if your hockey stick comes into contact with an opponents head, it's a 2 min penalty. If it draws blood, it's a 4 min penalty.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just pointing out the the nrl have made their line in the sand that at the very least, high contact = a penalty, regardless of what the tackled player does (slips, etc)
So, what happens when a tackler's head accidentally comes in contact with an opponent?

What is not mentioned is the same referee was part of a team of officials that robbed Manly of a victory in 2020 when Rheuben scored a great try at the death and it was called back over a forward pass.

The bungling officials cannot get it right and again they are influencing results by their crap officiating. We have a bunker that continues to make errors and rank and file fans have no faith in the system.

I was at Parramatta on Friday night and there is no way the Whingers were that disciplined. I want to see the referees referee what they see rather than relying on tips about certain players or teams and they do.

In my memory this is the 4th time since 2010 that we have been done over by officials costing us victories over the Whinger.

2010 we copped a 2 metre forward pass that got them into a game that we had control of.

in 2016, they get a penalty at the death and a kick to win the game.

2020 , as I mentioned a fair try denied which gives us a win from no where.

2022, where do you start. Tippytoes makes a great defensive play and is penalised and they score directly from it.

When the NRL get serious about refereeing I will take them seriously. Too many times games are now decided by people other than the players on the field!!

These are the words used by the Great Apologist Annesley to explain why Cummins didn't penalise the Eels once (their two penalties came via Big Brother) yet canned the Sea Eagles nine times.
What an insult to Des Hasler!
It infers Hasler doesn't coach his players to play within the rules. It can't be the players' fault; the majority of them have come from other clubs; some even from the disciplined Parramatta club. One, Keppie, is probably the least disciplined player we have. Gee, hasn't Hasler trained him in evil ways since he's arrived.

And as for the 'media' who are supposed to be quizzing him, where is the question: "But Cummins has a history with lopsided penalty counts against Manly,". (give examples) then ask: "Could there be bias?"
The Great Apologist did say they hadn't reviewed the match penalties yet, but would do so....
Then nothing.
What about asking him: "Will you be releasing these finding to the media or the Manly club?"

Those attending these NRL sessions are toadies. They are bootlickers employed by the NRL who would lose their job if they asked a difficult question.
Anyone know if people like me can go along to these lickspittle events?
Those attending these NRL sessions are toadies. They are bootlickers employed by the NRL who would lose their job if they asked a difficult question.

This is the real issue, the NRL can control the narrative and any questions are plants so nothing controversial or difficult is ever asked and the answers are also canned.

Simply put the whole "show" is a complete sham.

Last edited:
Not even sure why I mention this but Marty did get away with a high hit to RCG right at the end there, Cummins must have been unsighted otherwise he would've probably marched him :rofl:
Marched to Siberia - with great glee, I suspect.

Be interested to see if Storm are seen as a team that "push the boundaries " on Thursday night, or if they suddenly become "disciplined"....

I think we all know what the answer will be.

Not related to Manly but relevant JWH blowing up cause he gets targeted yes he is ill disciplined but refs will make a different call on him compared to another player it’s called bias and it happens and it happens with teams as we all can see watching Manly
It was the same with Steve Matai, any chance they got they put him on report or penalize him.

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8