Manly Salary Cap "issues"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought the whole debacle around Schuster’s salary was that his manager pushed for an upgrade & it was reported his new deal from next season would be $800k per season but has since been said is lower than that.

So how does that equate to him being on $800k right now, & if he is, when was THAT deal signed off & where was the outrage from the media muppets THEN?

In fact, I doubt very much the club would have agreed to a new deal of $800k per season, given Tartak was trying to use the Tigers as leverage & Benji came out & said they weren’t interested in Schuster.

I suspect Mario Tartak was left red faced & biscuit ersed after that & was happy to accept whatever deal Manly offered Schuster.

Schuster himself admitted he got a pay cut in his renegotiated deal. So the reported 800k figure is off the mark imo.

I was under the impression that Schusters deal before signing the extension was to expire next year and it also increases to $800k for 2024.
I believe the extension starts in 2025 where he had signed for a reduced amount.
This was my understanding but could be wrong.

I was under the impression that Schusters deal before signing the extension was to expire next year and it also increases to $800k for 2024.
I believe the extension starts in 2025 where he had signed for a reduced amount.
This was my understanding but could be wrong.
See if you can make any sense of it..

It purports that he will take less money to play in a position where he'll be required to do much more tackling and grunt work.
Whilst counter-intuitive his decision may be based on the fact he likes the club, his teammates and the lifestyle that the Northern Beaches offers.
Personally, I'm worried about him playing in the forwards because he will be required to do a lot more tackling, a lot more hit-ups, cop more punishment and become an 80-minute player. Perhaps the play is for him to play second row for 20-minute spells?

I take that as meaning he signed a 3 year extension (for 2025, 2026 & 2027) for less than he’s currently on now (2023).

Given the claims of $800k only came about recently, why weren’t these “journalists” all over it when he signed his current deal (which I assume was around 3 years ago)?

It purports that he will take less money to play in a position where he'll be required to do much more tackling and grunt work.
Whilst counter-intuitive his decision may be based on the fact he likes the club, his teammates and the lifestyle that the Northern Beaches offers.
Personally, I'm worried about him playing in the forwards because he will be required to do a lot more tackling, a lot more hit-ups, cop more punishment and become an 80-minute player. Perhaps the play is for him to play second row for 20-minute spells?
Maybe if he just has to worry about playing second row instead of being a playmaker at 5/8th, the pressure will be off him & he can just concentrate on tackling, hitting up & throwing in the odd bit of brilliance.

I can’t imagine he’d be a second rower who gets rested - he was able to play 80 minutes at second row every week when Foz was here.

I take that as meaning he signed a 3 year extension (for 2025, 2026 & 2027) for less than he’s currently on now (2023).

Given the claims of $800k only came about recently, why weren’t these “journalists” all over it when he signed his current deal (which I assume was around 3 years ago)?
Think he is actually on $650,000, which potentially could make sense, but on form I think it's double the value we are getting in 2023 and I'm a Shu fan....played better in his debut vs Tigers on a minimal than what Iv'e seen this year.....and I recall looked far fitter and more agile.
Personally feel he needs to forget what he can do ability wise and simply concentrate on solid cardio and sprint training and will come back a weapon in 2024, if it happens and will be in the forwards, he will need far more fitness to cater for the extra workload and a slimmer Shu, will be a happier Shu who finds his best form.

Maybe if he just has to worry about playing second row instead of being a playmaker at 5/8th, the pressure will be off him & he can just concentrate on tackling, hitting up & throwing in the odd bit of brilliance.

I can’t imagine he’d be a second rower who gets rested - he was able to play 80 minutes at second row every week when Foz was here.
Yep. When foz was here he was on the radar for SOO.

Think he is actually on $650,000, which potentially could make sense, but on form I think it's double the value we are getting in 2023 and I'm a Shu fan....played better in his debut vs Tigers on a minimal than what Iv'e seen this year.....and I recall looked far fitter and more agile.
Personally feel he needs to forget what he can do ability wise and simply concentrate on solid cardio and sprint training and will come back a weapon in 2024, if it happens and will be in the forwards, he will need far more fitness to cater for the extra workload and a slimmer Shu, will be a happier Shu who finds his best form.
Hey @maxta
How much are you worth on the open market feathered friend ?

Jake is probably the most overpaid player in the NRL. He has to offer more or take a cut.

I can't let that pass! Are you serious? He earns EVERY dollar we pay him - and more. He is EXACTLY the type of person that should be representing Manly. He plays 90 minutes, hes a ripping bloke, he has a great public image, he is one of the best tacklers in the league, and we win far more games with him than without him. He has passion, commitment, and dedication to our club.

Dead set.

Otherwise - I agree with you haha

My mate said they should give him Glenn Stewarts Number and he will teach how to play backrow

Hey @maxta
How much are you worth on the open market feathered friend ?
Footy these days and how slow I have become, poor lateral movement and a slugs engine....hmmmmm let me think.....maybe a cream pie and instead of giving it to me, would slap it in my face :whew:....but I'd lick the cream off my nose, so could be worse @:p

Footy these days and how slow I have become, poor lateral movement and a slugs engine....hmmmmm let me think.....maybe a cream pie and instead of giving it to me, would slap it in my face :whew:....but I'd lick the cream off my nose, so could be worse @:p

Sounds like the Gatton Potato Farmers reggies

I can't let that pass! Are you serious? He earns EVERY dollar we pay him - and more. He is EXACTLY the type of person that should be representing Manly. He plays 90 minutes, hes a ripping bloke, he has a great public image, he is one of the best tacklers in the league, and we win far more games with him than without him. He has passion, commitment, and dedication to our club.

Dead set.

Otherwise - I agree with you haha
Jake is a non stop Manly loving machine, the only thing he needs to change is his continued laying over tackled players, if he can overcome this problem which earns the opposition a sh1tload of penalties he'll be as close to perfect as a player can be 👍

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8