Manly Sea Eagles cop raw deal in opening week of the NRL finals scheduling Read more

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brissie Kid said:
Roosters played Sunday and have just 4 days rest for Friday's game to decide the minor premiership. Wabbits got a full week. That's the story they should have run.
They're deliberately running stories to enrage MWSE supporters. This sells more papers. But they're playing a dangerous game, if they want the Wabbits to win the comp that is . . . . .
2V will have no choice but to point out stuff like this to the guys, and this will just add that little bit of spice/spite to his motivational recipe:cool:

mosto said:
On The Offload on Triple M, they were discussing the scheduling issues the NRL could face with the Swans at ANZ in the first weekend of semi's. They stated that every team must have minimum 6 days between their Rd 26 game and a semi final. They specifically used Manly as an example, saying they couldn't play a semi final any earlier than Saturday, given they were playing the Panthers on Sunday.

if this is true , then we dont have anything to worry about ( 6 days )..

but then again its Manly , since when has the NRL stuck its neck out for us ??

i think playing a team that has had more days off is a huge advantage ,

playing smarter will make the difference and we are playing the right kind of footy at the right end of season...

nothing silly this weekend , rest those that need it

roosters/souths , i still think we can win

ManlyArmy said:
No matter who we play and where we play them, hopefully we all get out there in massive numbers and get behind the boys, especially if we play Souffs.

Well said!

Souffs are the new Broncos
It's as if there's no other Sydney teams in the comp and they must play on Friday nights!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
So who plays Sunday? Anybody?

Dogs and Souffs use ANZ so most likely Dogs would play Sunday.
It comes down to the AFL and if the Swans win or lose this w/e.

This is all a little hypocritical of the nrl. They ban the shoulder charge due to player welfare but don't see a problem with players not getting sufficient recovery time.

Yes, how the team that runs 3rd could be rewarded with a measly 4 day prep for the MIGOTY frankly stinks.

Are they going to announce the details next Monday? or Tuesday??

I was talking to a Souths fan. He asked me what I thought about Friday night.

I said I didn't care who won but would like to see Sotuhs & Easts have to play extra time due to it being locked up a full time and still being drawn after 10 minutes.

However, during that extra 10 minutes I hoped to see seven players from both sides being carried off on stretchers. With remainder being caught in an all-out brawl and getting suspended for three weeks.

Daddycool08 you read my mind :)

Scenario - Inglis ACL ripped off by JWH, inciting a brawl between the Burgess Litter and Speed Bump Williams with Third-Man-In, Friend The Barista :p

Manly meanwhile, zen out with Guru Wolfman on the Raw Energy diet. To ascend to their natural high, of the Premiership Podium, dazzling smiles almost eclipsed by the adamantine luster of their 2013 Premiers rings :angel:

As 2V says, too many scenarios to blow up about it at the moment but....

wouldn't it be nice to see:

1)Strong leadership from the nrl coming out and say that teams will have a minimum of 6 days as that is fair,

2) The players assoc. come out and say teams should have a minimum of 6 days for players welfare. (far out the players assoc at gutless)

3) Anyone from the nrl/afl actually foresee this coming and have already avoided any problems, and finally

4) Manly say that if required they will happily host a finals game at Brookie if needed. After all, we've earnt the damn friggen right to do so!

globaleagle said:
4) Manly say that if required they will happily host a finals game at Brookie if needed. After all, we've earnt the damn friggen right to do so!

I appreciate your sentiment GE, but not in week 1 we haven't.

Meh, I didn't say week 1, I meant overall we've earnt the right to! (manly bias)

So stick that in your cliffy signed jersey! :p

:angel:

I appreciate your appreciating my sentiment.

Common sense states that Scum play Saturday night so if it must be a top 4 clash on Friday night it has to be their game not ours...

I reckon 9 will want Souths on Friday again no matter who they play so hopefully we can get the Roosters.

Thinking - Souths now 2nd. Swans lost so have to play in Sydney next week (is that right?). The two biggest finals next week are 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3, Channel 9 would certainly want one of those for Friday night ... whispers previously that Souths were likely to get the Friday night - which I expect channel 9 will push for ... > > so if Storm happen to rack up a huge score and push us to 4th that may not be such a bad thing in some ways???

Who we play week 1 is now in our hands:

If we finish:
3rd we play 7:45 next Friday vs souths anz stadium- souths have to play Friday night due to AFL on Saturday night

4th we play 4:00 pm next Sarurday afternoon against Easts @ SFS part of a double header on the Saturday night.

Who do we want is the question!!

Hrm,

One one hand playing the Rabbits means they'll quite possibly bounce back with a more dominant effort after losing, it'll be Fri night shorter turnaround, and @ sterile Stadium Australia on Fri night with smaller crowd and harder to get to for out-of-towners.

On the other hand Roosters have rebounded from 2 straight disappointing losses and proven they have what it takes to win big games.

I'm thinking I'd prefer the 4pm Sat slot @ SFS vs the Chooks.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2