Manly Sea Eagles need to tell coach Geoff Toovey where he stands

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Joe Kelly is doing what the Penns want
Exactly my point. People think Kelly & Toovey don't get on and maybe they right. That doesn't matter a fig if the Penns want Tooves coaching at Manly.

guys no one has 'done' anything yet! It was summed up pretty nicely on fox last night. Brandy alexander called tooves a coach under pressure. Hindy said the only reason he's under pressure is the media keep talking about him. It's all just anti manly bull****. Until someone says it just relax. And by someone I don't mean the telecrap

There were blokes in manly teams of old that wouldn't even talk to each other but won premierships together. The real problem is the 24hr news cycle and players feeling like they have the right to air dirty laundry. And some being too chummy with media types.

There were blokes in manly teams of old that wouldn't even talk to each other but won premierships together. The real problem is the 24hr news cycle and players feeling like they have the right to air dirty laundry. And some being too chummy with media types.
A football team is like any other work environment as no one will like every one but if they are passionate about the place they stay

Toovey has been hung to dry over this. We need the issue to be sorted. Talk about dysfunction . It has to stop!
OK i'll bite. How has he been hung out to dry??? Other than pure media **** and speculation that we all know is always anti manly. Have I missed something. Has he been criticised publicly?. Have management said anything negative. The crazy part is the media is making up dribble that then gets reported by other media as news. Then that 'news' gets more speculation added. A different media outlet then reports on that 'news' and the cycle continues. There is no such thing as investigative reporting anymore. Now the media just make **** up.

I just rang the club and told them that unless things change in the office the media will continue with the running of the Manly circus and this is not good for our team spirit , sponsors or fan base .

And what was their response?

Did you ever consider that if he keeps plausible deniability about the deadline then chez can't get pissed at him. He keeps the locker room. They may even feel sorry for him. It doesn't matter if they hate Kelly so long as they don't hate tooves. Its why so many sports separate the two functions as I've said before. If tooves is shown to be part of that he gets owned. Look at what happened when he had to give the news about gift. They all blamed him. Now he can say it wasn't my call. Just as it shouldn't be

the media don't ever draw these conclusions though because it would take half a brain, some common sense and objectivity of which they have none

He coaches the team. Do you want a coach signing players after Des and his back ended specials? I don't.

Take a moment to think about this. Who has more power at Manly - Joe Kelly the new CEO or the family that have majority control, the Penns. If the Penns want Toovey to stay at the club he will be there coaching again in 2016.

The Penns bought out Quantum so they have virtually full control.

Did Toovs know of the decision by Kelly to redraw DCE contract offer before interview (we do not know .. he said he did not)? My beef is Joe Kelly knew the situation with the contract. He knew Toovs was to be on NRL360. He knew that the word had got out re contract withdrawal (or should have) and it was his job to inform the media of the situation not the coach. He left Toovs in the firing line. Am I making too many assumptions? I believe Kelly/Penn are making the decisions, seeing the rumours and doing little to support the team. It is not ok to say we will tell you something when we have something to say and leave the team to continual field questions about contracts.

And what was their response?
They told me management were in a meeting and my message would be passed on . The guy in the office that took my message told me that all in the club are working together and the media like to stir the pot and make headlines that sell.

He coaches the team. Do you want a coach signing players after Des and his back ended specials? I don't.

No I want Kelly doing all contract negotiations. I just think Toovey (or any coach) deserved 2 be pulled a side and told hey we have pulled the offer for DCE (or any player) so the coach doesn't go on national tv and be embarrassed it is obvious he was kept out of the loop. Toovey stated no we have no deadlines yet Kelly confirmed in his statement yes we had a deadline of Monday.

Just got a text from the mrs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 41
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4