Manly Sea Eagles SACK coach Des Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Manly Sea Eagles stand down coach Des Hasler

Crusher_Cleal said:
I can't take much more of this..

You need to change your user name, too.....maybe to 'Wise Wawrick'

:)

ive got mixed feelings on all this, but strong on both sides of the coin.. i hate that it came to to this, and the "blame" should be spread to both sides.

one thing i could do without though, is mrinvisible's faux empathy and condescending posts. i dont care how in the loop you think you are, but why not take this chance to go bask in your teams supposed guarenteed future success, your posts smack of contentment and smugness only rivalled by your club's smarmy CEO.

yep, you got your man, how many othrs it remains to be seen, but dont let the fact escape you that your club did this out of pure desperation, a wealthy club, a "professional" administration and a flashy CEO, yet you have nothing that is worth anything in terms of club culture and on field success. you just have a magnificent pokie playing demographic, and a shrewd and unscruplulous board. i cant deem that successful and desperation is a stinky cologne.

ps. i dont care if you are in constant contact with dan, its pretty obvious whty you are here.

mave said:
Good to see a proactive decision by the board.

Just go Des.

Hello Toovs.

Lawyers at ten paces :( But Des forced the issue and lost to them.
The Toovey era is here, and we have a lot of exciting 'challenges' ahead :D

MrInvisible said:
mickqld said:
This just goes from bad to worse. This is not the way to deal with this the players are going to mutiny over this. We are going to lose several players because of this. Manly has become the laughing stock of the NRL I feel so ill. This is the blackest day in our history including the N.E merger.
The players have been largely kept in the dark and not really told anything about what is going on, that includes who was to be coaching them in 2012.

This whole scenario is as big a mess as that huge pileup on the British M5 recently.

Umm, I don't know where you are hearing this mate but NO ONE knows who will be coaching in 2012, not even the Board. We'll know when Des fronts the Board, and the players will know before then. Up until an hour ago it was Des. That's what we knew that's what the players knew and that's what the Board knew.

Stop spreading Belmore propaganda around here, it's not going to do you any good or make you feel any better about the fact that another one of your prized sons is about to get booted from the Coach's box...for a Manly coach nonetheless.

BTW your posts so far have made me feel like you had all these high hopes that Des will bring morals and values to your club. Now you are realising he's as bad as $BW. So sad...

niccipops said:
MrInvisible said:
mickqld said:
This just goes from bad to worse. This is not the way to deal with this the players are going to mutiny over this. We are going to lose several players because of this. Manly has become the laughing stock of the NRL I feel so ill. This is the blackest day in our history including the N.E merger.
The players have been largely kept in the dark and not really told anything about what is going on, that includes who was to be coaching them in 2012.

This whole scenario is as big a mess as that huge pileup on the British M5 recently.
Mr Invisible are you from Manly, the dogs or the DT? I just can't work out why you're on here.
see for yourself nicci on the kennel bulldogs forum.

MrInvisible said:
mickqld said:

Hmmm... players being kept in the dark about who will be coaching them in 2012? Sounds similar to the situation at the bulldogs this year after Moore was sacked out of the blue and the new coach wasn't signed until a couple of months later. The whole time a loyal former player was told he was a good chance at securing the head coach job only to be told they'd rather bring in an outsider and a large group of his support staff.

I know this is clutching at straws but the way the board is acting with Des they may have the upper hand. Perhaps we have renegotiated contracts for Foran and Dce and others we wanted to keep. They have now signed for big money in the coming years managers have said you wont see that cash again take it now they are locked away and
we are pushing Des out without paying him as he broke protocol. Long bow i know but it could be right. God i hope im right.

MrInvisible said:
mickqld said:

At no extra cost we've got some cheap crappy $cumdog banners also!! ha LOSER

niccipops said:
Mr Invisible are you from Manly, the dogs or the DT? I just can't work out why you're on here.
I'm a rugby league fan in general (I try and watch a few games each weekend and enjoy whoever is playing).

I follow the Bulldogs predominately (going right back in family lines since the start of Rugby League in Australia, as our family ancestors were all from Canterbury area).

I'm not a reporter and not from the DT, but do have quite a few links with players and persons alike.

I've liased with the mods on this site before to prove that my comments due hold truth with reliable sources.

================

Bottom line, and this might sound like a cop out, but I actually feel really sorry for how badly the fans are beaing treated here. Absolutely no assurance from the board what is going on, players clearly have no idea, and as a supporter paying hard earned cash to support your club, the only work I can come up with, is disappointing.

The fans are being let down by the board, who are still yet to explain half of what is going on.

Times like this make you stop and think how many board members are passionate fans over businessmen simply trying to make money :(.

This is the most fu*cked up Premiership hangover I've ever seen. It's almost like we're trying to purposely out-do the '08 one.

Daddycool said:
MrInvisible said:
mickqld said:

Hmmm... players being kept in the dark about who will be coaching them in 2012? Sounds similar to the situation at the bulldogs this year after Moore was sacked out of the blue and the new coach wasn't signed until a couple of months later. The whole time a loyal former player was told he was a good chance at securing the head coach job only to be told they'd rather bring in an outsider and a large group of his support staff.

I have a feeling that he thinks this is the Kennel. Mate, that's maroon on you screen, not blue. I know you want to be the Silvertails but seriously you are at the wrong site :)

Crusher_Cleal said:
This is the most fu*cked up Premiership hangover I've ever seen. It's almost like we're trying to purposely out-do the '08 one.

Agreed. Is this a 1st?

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
niccipops said:
MrInvisible said:
mickqld said:

see for yourself niccihttp://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=92063&pagenumber=
The link doesn't work but it explains he's a dog. Why would he want to be on a Manly forum? There's no way I'd waste my time in a bloody kennel.

According to a D.T report Canturbury have had contract negotiations with Foran's manager yet it was denied in the Manly Daily. IF they have had talks then they have breached NRL conduct rules by negotiating without the clubs permission with a player under contract. The dogs could go for a row of ****houses if this can be proved. We may just have the last laugh in all this fiasco.

MrInvisible said:
niccipops said:
I'm a rugby league fan in general (I try and watch a few games each weekend and enjoy whoever is playing).

I follow the Bulldogs predominately (going right back in family lines since the start of Rugby League in Australia, as our family ancestors were all from Canterbury area).

I'm not a reporter and not from the DT, but do have quite a few links with players and persons alike.

I've liased with the mods on this site before to prove that my comments due hold truth with reliable sources.

================

Bottom line, and this might sound like a cop out, but I actually feel really sorry for how badly the fans are beaing treated here. Absolutely no assurance from the board what is going on, players clearly have no idea, and as a supporter paying hard earned cash to support your club, the only work I can come up with, is disappointing.

The fans are being let down by the board, who are still yet to explain half of what is going on.

Times like this make you stop and think how many board members are passionate fans over businessmen simply trying to make money :(.

Mr Invisible you say you are a general rugby league supporter and that you feel sorry for us at the moment. This can't be true because you keep trying to tell us how crap our situation is and seem to be relishing in it.
The waters are murky at the moment but we are still the premiers.
Remember that.

The only even remotely good thing I can take from this is that I have the utmost respect and trust in Tooves being able to come in and do as good a job as can be expected given the circumstances.

We need some good news re government funding for Brookie asap. Can we expect to hear anything related to this in the next 12 mths? I seriously fear for the future of our club without an improved stadium

mickqld said:
According to a D.T report Canturbury have had contract negotiations with Foran's manager yet it was denied in the Manly Daily. IF they have had talks then they have breached NRL conduct rules by negotiating without the clubs permission with a player under contract. The dogs could go for a row of ****houses if this can be proved. We may just have the last laugh in all this fiasco.
The same paper that said the Bulldogs were signing SBW, and he's gone back to Rugby.

The same paper that was almost 100% certain that Ricky Stuart would coach the Dogs.

The same paper that had pretty much convicted Brett Stewart before he had his day in court.

Summary: Probably 10% of what the DT write is legit. To give you an idea a while back on The Kennel a guy posted up bogus information about(I think from memory it was a new signing). It was fake. The papers picked it up and ran with it as a exclusive, and many laughs were had. From that day on it's credibility has been in question.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7