Manly Sea Eagles SACK coach Des Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Manly Sea Eagles stand down coach Des Hasler

take Hasler for all hes worth then use it too keep Foran, the ultimate backhander...... bankrupt the guy, how can he sign legal contracts to coach as a bankrupt?

I think the thing most are missing is that the Dogs are a rich club and we are a poor club. It's not like all of these Manly employees are going to the Dogs for less or the same money they are on now.

We are one of the have nots in the comp, and we have been raided by a richer club. Buying people doesn't win premierships though, as we found out when we were top of the financial pile.

In the end of it, my all time favourite player, Geoff Toovey will coach the best club in the world next year and he will be going into it with a very good team.

It's going to be one of the best seasons of Manly footy to watch ever in 2012, can't wait.

Max Krilich

Always good for a quote

mozgrame said:
If i was a player manager and Des had approached my client with a "Why don't you come with me" offer, i would tell the club i will give evidence against Des if the club extends my clients current contract. If anything like this has happened, i wonder if Des will even bother to show up at a "please explain". He will be taking a little time to see how much the club really knows, then i'm betting he will slink away to the kennel with his tail between legs.

Sad really. People are talking about how the club has taken a mighty fall from grace, but in my eyes it is Des that has fallen in so many ways. The club will always remain.

My problem with this is it would make future negotiations between coach and player manager very hard.

lsz said:
I find it amazing that the rage at how the board (whom ever they were) blundered by

- Not securing Des when the opportunity was provided
- Not contracting other key staff

Has completely disappeared to the all being Des's "fault"

For mind all the staff following him would not blindly follow him unless

- They experience the same problems that Des has been rumored to experience
- They were not compensated adequately

I can not see it as simple as Des telling people to leave unless there was some substance.

All this leads me to believe is that change to the board / structure of the club will be forgotten about. Elections will come and go and nothing will change

Well said lsz, where there is smoke there is fire, these people that are leaving are not just leaving out of loyalty to Des. People leave for all sorts of reasons such as being unable to work in the current work environment they are in.

It's all about money
Crusher quote
We all have bills to pay
So if Manly offered him more why didn't he stay, same with Hasler

BE, I always think highly of your posts because much of what you do post does not attack anyone and is logical but for once I actually have to disagree with you (sorry mate) as I don’t think that it is about money. Look at it this way, if they are left unemployed who or what will pay the bills then?

Like I say there is way more to this than meets the eyes.

I have no inside knowledge, all I am doing is stepping back and thinking through this logically without the emotion or hysteria which is bloody hard to do.

I will openly admit I am a supporter of Des and we are being led to believe that it is about the money, this is a smoke screen that blind Freddy can see.

As much as I am no longer a fan of hasler, it clearly is the boards fault. If they just had of signed him mid year when he asked none of this would of happened and we would still be enjoying our premiership and thinking about more to come.

You cant really blame a guy off contract at the end of the year looking for a Job, we weren't giving him any guarantees he would have one here so how can you blame him for getting a job elsewhere.

09' and 10 we were knocked out of the finals first round, we had some bad luck with injuries and suspensions at the wrong end of the year. Part of me believes the board weren't confident in his ability to coach the side anymore and another poor end to the season and he would of been shown the door.

I think the board wanted to give des less control and he wanted more.
And neither was happy in the end.

while I am sure the board did not do everything right I think giving the coach less contorl over some things is good.

bye bye des

Yes, little toddy has definately not been backwards in coming forwards since he has been there. He also seems very control oriented. Should be interesting.

I must say I find Des's statement about all that has transpired in regard to his contract a lot more plausible than the heresays and innuendo coming from our board and Penn. Has Perry even made a statement at all during this??? Isn't he our COO. I cant help but think most of the fault lies with the Manly board here. They assumed Des would never go anywhere so they left him to hang till the season finished to see whether we would win or not. They then thought if we failed they were justified in not upgrading him and if we won they might try and find a bit more money for him. Des then went well **** you lot I'm going into the market to see how much I can get elsewhere and who could blame him. Now it has snowballed into the biggest fiasco I have ever seen and lifelong friendships have been torn apart. This whole episode has been an utter disgrace and everyone involved needs to publicly apologise to the players, sponsors and supporters of this club. None of us deserved to have this **** served up to us after such a fantastic G.F win and somebody needs to be accountable to the massive damage that has been done to the Sea Eagles brand.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4