Manly Sea Eagles SACK coach Des Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Manly Sea Eagles stand down coach Des Hasler

My biggest worry is how does the board prove that he was deliberately getting players to break their contracts? Remember it's not what you know, but what you can prove.

Just because he told a player follow suit to Canterbury, or sent a text saying "Sign with Canterbury," that is not sufficient grounds to prove him getting players to break contracts.

Jethro said:
If they haven't breached the forum rules then there is not much we can do about it but ...

Untrue. Every community has a ranger to police stray dogs.

Dan owns the site. He can choose to make whatever rules he chooses, and apply them as he sees fit.

Maybe these identified strays could be labelled "Not a Manly supporter", or similar, so people can be forewarned not to take their postings at face value. And their IP addresses might even be logged to microchip them.

Castration of stray dogs before release is standard practice.

Jatz Crackers said:
The player get out clauses and Haslers employment contract conditions will now be at the centre of where this heads.

Lets hope the HR/contract legal advice is correct. Anyone know if the board had legal advice within its meeting yesterday ?

My understanding is yes....in fact I'd imagine the whole "stood down" thing, and "asking to front the board to show cause" would be a result of this.

cliffylyons said:
My biggest worry is how does the board prove that he was deliberately getting players to break their contracts? Remember it's not what you know, but what you can prove.

Just because he told a player follow suit to Canterbury, or sent a text saying "Sign with Canterbury," that is not sufficient grounds to prove him getting players to break contracts.

That thinking proves you are a Dogs supporter.

There are six stages of moral development that people can mature through. That thinking is stage 1 - the lowest - not whether a crime or breach has occurred, but can I get away with it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Kohlberg%27s_stages_of_moral_development

I find it amazing that the rage at how the board (whom ever they were) blundered by

- Not securing Des when the opportunity was provided
- Not contracting other key staff

Has completely disappeared to the all being Des's "fault"

For mind all the staff following him would not blindly follow him unless

- They experience the same problems that Des has been rumored to experience
- They were not compensated adequately

I can not see it as simple as Des telling people to leave unless there was some substance.

All this leads me to believe is that change to the board / structure of the club will be forgotten about. Elections will come and go and nothing will change

Mark from Brisbane said:
Jatz Crackers said:
The player get out clauses and Haslers employment contract conditions will now be at the centre of where this heads.

Lets hope the HR/contract legal advice is correct. Anyone know if the board had legal advice within its meeting yesterday ?

My understanding is yes....in fact I'd imagine the whole "stood down" thing, and "asking to front the board to show cause" would be a result of this.

Sounds encouraging, thanks Mark.

Ive seen boards do some silly things though. Everything from doing the legal assessment via phone conference to taking none at all. If they had a legal eagle in the meeting them im relieved.

Rex said:
cliffylyons said:

That thinking proves you are a Dogs supporter.

There are six stages of moral development that people can mature through. That thinking is stage 1 - the lowest - not whether a crime or breach has occurred, but can I get away with it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Kohlberg%27s_stages_of_moral_development

Enough with the Dogs supporter bullsh*t.

From a legal point of view, it is very hard to prove that he purposely told players to breach their contracts. I ain't a legal expert or anything, but it is very unlikely they can prove this.

cliffylyons said:

Just look outside the box for a moment. The board would not have taken the action they did without some evidence, otherwise they would leave themselves open to litigation.They would have sought legal advice before pursuing the path they have. It is quite possible that there has been a whistle blower or two, that's my suspicion anyway.

Speaking of litigation and just giving you some free friendly advice, be very careful about some elses name as your username, given that you have picked Cliffy Lyons you are not under the radar and if you say something you shouldn't then you could be in strife.

Correct me if I am wrong but could the more experience computers users tell me if all the logs on the forum are kept?

cliffylyons said:
From a legal point of view, it is very hard to prove that he purposely told players to breach their contracts. I ain't a legal expert or anything, but it is very unlikely they can prove this.

They would only need one person to evidence an alleged "inducement".

Earnie the Eagle said:
cliffylyons said:

Just look outside the box for a moment. The board would not have taken the action they did without some evidence, otherwise they would leave themselves open to litigation.They would have sought legal advice before pursuing the path they have. It is quite possible that there has been a whistle blower or two, that's my suspicion anyway.

Speaking of litigation and just giving you some free friendly advice, be very careful about some elses name as your username, given that you have picked Cliffy Lyons you are not under the radar and if you say something you shouldn't then you could be in strife.

Correct me if I am wrong but could the more experience computers users tell me if all the logs on the forum are kept?

That is the main reason I think they may have more. You can't stand someone down without legal advice.

Jatz Crackers said:
cliffylyons said:

They would only need one person to evidence an alleged "inducement".

Fair enough. Didn't think someone's word against Des was sufficient, but you may be right.

Jatz Crackers said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Jatz Crackers said:

Ive seen boards do some silly things though. Everything from doing the legal assessment via phone conference to taking none at all. If they had a legal eagle in the meeting them im relieved.

I think we can all be sure that the Eagles Board (on this occasion) would have covered every angle, every loop hole, every contingency...it did go for 7 hours and you can bet a fair percentage of that was "how the hell do we get around this coming out with an advantage"

I would also imagine (and this is supposition) that there would be "proof" of what is alledged....it's hard to imagine they went down the "standing down until you prove otherwise" road if they knew they would be rolled when push comes to shove.

One of two things may happen as a result of this (again purely supposition on my behalf).

1) He fronts the board and says "ok prove it" (and then either wins or loses)
2) He just walks away, and if he does that we know he's guilty as he knows he can't win

2gb news said at 3pm that Foran was the one he was trying to coax over to the dogs

If i was a player manager and Des had approached my client with a "Why don't you come with me" offer, i would tell the club i will give evidence against Des if the club extends my clients current contract. If anything like this has happened, i wonder if Des will even bother to show up at a "please explain". He will be taking a little time to see how much the club really knows, then i'm betting he will slink away to the kennel with his tail between legs.

Sad really. People are talking about how the club has taken a mighty fall from grace, but in my eyes it is Des that has fallen in so many ways. The club will always remain.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Jatz Crackers said:

I think we can all be sure that the Eagles Board (on this occasion) would have covered every angle, every loop hole, every contingency...it did go for 7 hours and you can bet a fair percentage of that was "how the hell do we get around this coming out with an advantage"

I would also imagine (and this is supposition) that there would be "proof" of what is alledged....it's hard to imagine they went down the "standing down until you prove otherwise" road if they knew they would be rolled when push comes to shove.

One of two things may happen as a result of this (again purely supposition on my behalf).

1) He fronts the board and says "ok prove it" (and then either wins or loses)
2) He just walks away, and if he does that we know he's guilty as he knows he can't win

Yep indeed.

Ive got a fair idea where someone would have been found evidencing the allegation. No names here of course.

Then there is the matter of contract clauses.

I am sure the truth is out there, but in here there are more theories than the X-Files.

Again in a corporate world and at this point of time no evidence is required. A complaint could have been raised by a player, employee or a member of the public that may have seen or heard something and reported back to the club. Due to the nature of the allegation the club had duty of care to act.

The board would have convened, decided on a course of action, remember the key word here, HASLER HAS BEEN STOOD DOWN - NOT SACKED so he still would be on full pay.

Des would have certainly been made aware of the allegation he is facing and has the right to seek legal advice and or representation to prove his innocence of the allegation.

Des has two choices :

1. Stand down, resign
2. Chooses to front the board and fight the allegation and prove his innocence of the breach.

If Des is found innocent he can choose to remain or leave. If he is found to have been in breach of the club, the club has the right to sack him immediately and not payout the final year of his contract. Additionally the club could seek legal compensation from Des depending on the nature of the breach.

The other important aspect to note is what if any part did Greenturd or the scumdogs play if the breach relates to a contracted player and trying to entice that player to the scumdogs. Unfortunately at this stage we do not know what the breach actually is but looking at Penn’s interview last night in particular when he turns to the fox sports reporter he is nodding his head as to confirm the reporter’s question then adds that he would not add any further comment.

Personally I think there is a lot more to play out in all this.

ManlyBacker said:
I am sure the truth is out there, but in here there are more theories than the X-Files.

Would you expect otherwise from an internet forum MB?? :angel:

Ritchie just tweeted

Manly board meeting, 9am tomorrow. D-day for Des

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10