Manly Sea Eagles SACK coach Des Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Manly Sea Eagles stand down coach Des Hasler

Any who want to go with him should make their intentions known now, they owe that much at least to the supporters

Canteen Worker said:
Sad day for the Manly club!!

I agree, it was sad that des couldn't be trusted and went after staff and players.

But on the bright side the board are doing the right thing and attempting to get rid of him to limit any more damage. You've gotta be happy with that!

Des has left a legacy he may be proud of, but others wouldn't.

So any idea when Des will front the board? Is there a time line for these things?

If Des truly wanted to go to the Bulldogs for a new challenge, why be so desperate to have so many Manly staff and players go with him?

If Des had issues with how Manly was being run he should have gone public with them earlier this year. He would have had the support of every Manly fan for whatever changes he wanted.

Instead the club is left in a mess and Des will be criticised by many for ever.

MrInvisible said:
niccipops said:
Mr Invisible are you from Manly, the dogs or the DT? I just can't work out why you're on here.
I'm a rugby league fan in general (I try and watch a few games each weekend and enjoy whoever is playing).

I follow the Bulldogs predominately (going right back in family lines since the start of Rugby League in Australia, as our family ancestors were all from Canterbury area).

I'm not a reporter and not from the DT, but do have quite a few links with players and persons alike.

I've liaised with the mods on this site before to prove that my comments due hold truth with reliable sources.

================

Bottom line, and this might sound like a cop out, but I actually feel really sorry for how badly the fans are beaing treated here. Absolutely no assurance from the board what is going on, players clearly have no idea, and as a supporter paying hard earned cash to support your club, the only work I can come up with, is disappointing.

The fans are being let down by the board, who are still yet to explain half of what is going on.

Times like this make you stop and think how many board members are passionate fans over businessmen simply trying to make money :(.

Mr Invisible,
I have been on this site for over 8yrs and have never felt the need to Liaise with the mods or report on other posters.

This is at the bottom of my suspicions in regards to your motives...I don't see the need to ingratiate oneself if you are not disingenuous.

RE: HASLER SACKED

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Official Statement on Des Hasler
9/11/2011 8:49:41 PM
The Board has invited Des to explain his actions, in the meantime he has been stood down.

We will not be making further comment until after Des has had the chance to respond.
This sounds like a good plan

I invite Des Hasler to explain his actions to the fans. At the end of the day if it wasn't for us supporting the club and the game, none of these blokes would have their jobs.

mcatt said:
I invite Des Hasler to explain his actions to the fans. At the end of the day if it wasn't for us supporting the club and the game, none of these blokes would have their jobs.
I Don't think we will ever find out

Hasler set to appear on ST at noon today to answer all of your questions.

mcatt said:

You couldn't trust a word that comes from his mouth anyway. I am more than happy with Arkos, Freddy Jones's and Max Krilich's explanations.

Brissie Kid said:
If Des truly wanted to go to the Bulldogs for a new challenge, why be so desperate to have so many Manly staff and players go with him?

If Des had issues with how Manly was being run he should have gone public with them earlier this year. He would have had the support of every Manly fan for whatever changes he wanted.

Instead the club is left in a mess and Des will be criticised by many for ever.

Looks like Hasler is trying to relocate the team, change the colours and logo.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The only remaining issue would appear to be whether Des can force the club to sack him before the club can force him to resign.

thats about the size of it, seaeagle.

i really cannot wait till 2012 season proper starts....and for some on-field action instead of these off field issues....and yes, i know the off field stuff can filter down to affect players morale etc....but we can only hope and pray that the club sorts itself out...sOOn...so the mighty manly-warringah team can focus all their efforts on winning another premiership.....that is all!

Looks like the control freak has fit perfectly into his role as TOP DOG,with the DOGS.Dymock was laughing at the announcement of signing Des lol,along with the Greenturd.Whos laughing now Dymock.You fool.Egans got your job fool.Hasler will need more than security when he comes to Brookvale.I cant wait.Ill go as far to say that hes now almost up there with Belly dog and Bennet dog.Hes a DOG of the highest order.

The board was right all along.The Dollar Dazzler Hasler era is finished.Now let him systematically turn the Dogs into a basket case.They certaintly dont have the passion or faith in their club to recover from it.Bullfrog Moore would be rolling in his grave at this modern day lot.Consider yourselves lucky Manly that you have such loyal fans.Hasler is a Dog.And Dogs get hidings sometimes.Especially when theyve done something really bad.Sound like someone familiar? I live very close to Belmore.Interesing days ahead.

The Manly Sea Eagles stand down coach Hasler and lift up Toovey to Greater heights!!!
Go the Mighty Sea Eagles !!!

dowdz said:
So any idea when Des will front the board? Is there a time line for these things?

dowz, in a corporate world it may be 1 or 2 weeks or even 1 or 2 days depending on the breach. I recall hearing from the fox sports news broadcast that Penn said they would give Des time to obtain legal advice before responding to the breach notice.

I think all parties would like to have this resolved by next Wednesday if not sooner.

bones said:
mcatt said:

You couldn't trust a word that comes from his mouth anyway. I am more than happy with Arkos, Freddy Jones's and Max Krilich's explanations.

One thing I think I have learnt from all of this is not to trust what any reporter writes about our club or quotes from any of our past legends and is then rehashed in a news paper. Time and time again I have been burnt and reacted to what has been reported only to find out a week later that what was actually said was taken out of contexts.

Unless I see with my own eyes and hear with my own ears I will believe very little what is said.

From my point of view, all parties concerned are at fault for allowing this to degenerate into something worse than a cheap 2 bit flea circus.

They should all hang their heads in shame.

I hope and hold out that our club will regroup and rebuild no matter what, that we once again become financially stable and powerful. Once that can take place and if the scumdogs are in a strong position with players, that Manly can decimate that club (scumdogs) far worse than what they have done to us over the years.

For me the scumdogs will be public enemy # 1 and I will loathe them with an even greater passion that I do of the slime, rorters, donkey’s or the cheating storm.

I would love to be able to say more of what I think of that toad looking greedy grub turdberg and the irony with their supporters actually having this cretin at their club and they actually support him however I know my comments would have me banned so I will refrain right here and vent my frustration in solitude.

KARMA WILL BE A BITCH

yeah good call one eyed you cant trust a lot of what you read in the print media esp the Daily Turdograph. Got to wait and hear the interviews and get conclusive proof of any written reports.

Des will continue to be a top notch coach and should get excellent results....but what a horrid legacy he is leaving behind.

Yes he will be remembered for so much good work commitment and achievement but also his incredible wrecking and single mindedness at his leaving. To say the least Des won't be very welcome next time he fronts at Brookvale in 2012/13

Lets hope it doesn't deteriorate now into a protracted legal stoush and that its cleaned up quickly for all parties.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
niccipops said:
Mr Invisible, did you borrow your cloak from Harry Potter 'cause my daughter would really like to meet him?
And by the way, you can't be on the fence. You wouldn't be here if you were.

The question is why is he here ?

Because he wants to know what it feels like to be in a premiers forum..
Like i said previously his opinions are like his teams 9th finish this season f**n useless, he is just trying to stir ****,, The idiots think because they have Des now, they are a walk in for a premiership, hahahahaha

The player get out clauses and Haslers employment contract conditions will now be at the centre of where this heads.

Lets hope the HR/contract legal advice is correct. Anyone know if the board had legal advice within its meeting yesterday ?

Manly Sea Eagles stand down coach Des Hasler

Thanks for that One Eyed Eagle.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8