Manly signings thread where we can discuss!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I agree.... we need more energy. Fonua-Blake is coming along well, but we need more guys that are just hungry for the ball, and run with purpose and inspire the next guy to run hard. I feel like some of the passion required comes down to coaching. It's not a complicated. Barrett didn't get the best out of our squad. Maguire would I reckon.

Hate to say it but we need the mongrel of a Watmough, and the skill of a Buhrer

Agree.... Watmough had an error or 2 in his game, but boy did he have a hunger to get the ball and lead the pack forward. We need some serious passion and energy back in our forwards.
I think Watmough had High energy - always first off the ground to play the ball and in defence controlled the tackle to allow that ruck defence to reset, unlike 2018 where Manly were like tissue paper around the ruck leading to the outside backs to be under extra pressure.....holding up that middle to stop the back peddling and allows a slide from the inside, which the Roosters showed works well in the big games.

Anyone see Booze Rothfield’s columh in the Sunday Tele. Under his “Shoosh” items he mentions something along the lines of “which high paid and regularly injured centre is being shopped around on a cut price salary”. Only two I cou;d think of is Walker or Dugan.

I'm not sure how in the world it's possible but apparently the roosters are going to give tapau a deal he can't refuse in the coming days !!! This has become an absolute joke

If Marty wants out.....let him go.....only for a straight swap in Dylan Napa and Lindsey Collins, two for the price of one.

He's denied this a billion times. The Roosters have denied it multiple times. Our clubs denied it a few times.

But keep feeding the trolls guys.

Only today Marty hearted my tweet saying he's a Sea Eagles legend.

I hate social media. The Mole. Hahahahaha.

Two players we have been linked with, Garrick and Waddell have been officially announced as leaving their clubs. Garrick looks a definite for the Eagles but Waddell looks to be off the the Rabbits (given Cartwright’s Penrith ties I am surprised we didn’t nab him). Anyone heard of Jamil Hopoate coming back next year? Actually thought he looked pretty good in the Ressie’s GF.

Two players we have been linked with, Garrick and Waddell have been officially announced as leaving their clubs. Garrick looks a definite for the Eagles but Waddell looks to be off the the Rabbits (given Cartwright’s Penrith ties I am surprised we didn’t nab him). Anyone heard of Jamil Hopoate coming back next year? Actually thought he looked pretty good in the Ressie’s GF.
Commentator said during game that he may be off to the bulldogs next year... i thought he looked good too

I think Elgey will be it as far as “ established “ players.

A few juniors , and a few also rans that might be a back up plus upgrades might be all we can afford.

So we’ve been told.

To be honest I’m a little confused , take out Lussick, Hastings, Lane, Myles , Brown ( and I’m sure I’ve missed some ) and we get , Elgey, and maybe one or two others I haven’t heard of plus a couple of juniors.

Does that add up???

A few juniors , and a few also rans that might be a back up plus upgrades might be all we can afford.

So we’ve been told.

To be honest I’m a little confused , take out Lussick, Hastings, Lane, Myles , Brown ( and I’m sure I’ve missed some ) and we get , Elgey, and maybe one or two others I haven’t heard of plus a couple of juniors.

Does that add up???

You add Cartwrong as coach to the awful scenario you described and ask yourself how the **** how does anything add up? How can we possibly do any better in 2019? What are they really trying to achieve here?

So we’ve been told.

Does that add up???

It is hard to know how players deals are structured, who is front loaded, who is back loaded, who was picking up part of a players contract that isn't now, who was upgraded, what rep bonuses that were hit that carry over etc etc etc

Marty is apparently on 850k next so......who knows

Plus Lane and Hastings were in the last chance saloon when we signed them so doubt there were much in the way of saving there as they still need to be replaced in the squad

You add Cartwrong as coach to the awful scenario you described and ask yourself how the **** how does anything add up? How can we possibly do any better in 2019? What are they really trying to achieve here?
I take heart fro Tigers... they lost all their talent, added Benji who was maybe not out of form but hardly setting the world on fire and somehow they had a BETTER season!!
Anything is possible... *convinces self*

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10