Manly struggling to match Souths support

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
davohan123 said:
I have had that experience re driving into Moore park and city in that car park for over 2 hours so bad- and to make it worse to be stuck in there with souths supporters - no thanks

Even though we are going to be out numbered tomorrow night , have a shorter turn around and a ref that will have in for us- if we can pull this off it would be one of the most sweetest wins all season, cannot wait to be amongst fellow manly tragics in bay 34, it will be " doing the eagle rock"

Go Manly!!!

Agree 100%, its us against the world!! We can pull it off!!

You just can't do it on a Friday. Not and have a good time anyway.
I took a day off work. I wouldn't be going if I was stuck at work (in Belrose) until 5:30.
The luxury of keeping 10 weeks annual leave up your sleeve :)

RABID Rabbitohs fans are buying tickets to Friday's away final against Manly at an astonishing rate of five times that of Sea Eagles supporters.

We've still got them covered on collective IQ though.

Looking forward to this one. I so, so , so, hope we win. Nothing better than a dejected Vermin crowd, but nothing worse than a victorious Souths crowd with a deluded vision of premiership glory.

Not surprised. Both the Bunnies and Roosters have massive bandwagons when things are going well.

Not every Manly fan lives on the Northern Beaches. I'll be up the mid North Coast this weekend so will miss the game but being on a Friday night it would have been impossible to go with my 2 older kids. I work in the CBD and they live & go to school on the Central Coast. No way I could leave the city, travel to the CC, turn around and make it back to Moore Park in time unless I took a half day.

The Friday night spot should have been reserved for an elimination game.

I honestly wish I could be there but living in Adelaide I'd have more trouble getting to the SFS than most Manly fans. But that is beside the point.

Fact is that we earned the right for a home final, yet because of the NRL's stadium policy we are forced to play the Vermin in their own backyard, even if it isn't their actual home venue.....any more. I know the NRL isn't the NFL and not every team has a 65,000+ seat stadium to play in, but when they get to their playoffs at least those who finish higher on the ladder get to play their finals at their home venue.

The NRL are more of a figurehead than the power running the game. The game is really run from Gyngell's office.

At least there is one positive I guess. Nein/GEM have finally come to the party and all NRL finals will be shown live into Adelaide so tomorrow night I'll be watching on TV for the first time since Round 3.

Go manly said:
I am coming from Moomba
It can be done
Can't understand not getting there from syd
How much do you really want to be there
Don't make exudes if the ref is swayed by noise
He won't hear you from your couch

Be fair GM.
You've taken (at least) a day off work to get there. I've taken a day off.
Do we really expect 30K people to all take a day/half day off work at the same time for a footy game?
It shouldn't be about that.

I'm going - and my loud, obnoxious support is equal to 10000 toothless vermin supporters. So by my reckoning we only need another 1k supporters to make it fair! After all most vermin supporters can't string a sentence together...

The NRL want the coin from filling the corporate boxes at finals at SFS or ANZ. Nothing to do with regular fan numbers at all. SFS has more & better boxes so no Brookie.

This will be the first game in many years I have now watched either in person or live on Fox / stream. I am so pissed off that I MUST be doing something else.

God Speed Brett Stewart

Why didnt we play it at Bluetongue? Surely that is up to standard for semi's and drag those Rabbit supporters to Central Coast after work on Fri night. The NRL is either trying to f@&k us or they are completely stupid. Every year no one turns up on a friday night for our first semi and every year they put it on friday. Who is the bigger idiot. NRL just dont care about us and push the agenda at every angle. We have got a disadvantage for coming 2nd. No wonder we threw the game last week resting players.

Duff said:
Go manly said:
I am coming from Moomba
It can be done
Can't understand not getting there from syd
How much do you really want to be there
Don't make exudes if the ref is swayed by noise
He won't hear you from your couch

Be fair GM.
You've taken (at least) a day off work to get there. I've taken a day off.
Do we really expect 30K people to all take a day/half day off work at the same time for a footy game?
It shouldn't be about that.

I get it Duff-I get it
but I also get that it is in Sydney and so will be the GF and other games in the final series.

We need to accept this and get there and make it our home game with supportors.

I live on the south coast and can do the reverse trip and get to Brookie on a Friday nights and have sat through games at Brookie with 12000 on crook nights and not so crook nights and then made the three hour drive home and thought how good it would be to live close enough to get to all games.

Why- because I love watching it live-I love being around other fans-I love yelling and singing for the team and getting in my colors and have done since the 1972.

I know we have some super passionate supporters and admire the champs who travel to NZ,NQLD ,Brisbane and gold coast to support our Mighty team

What I can,t come at is finding it too much trouble to make our MIGOTY so close to our own dung hill

I don't want 30,000 but bloody 20000 would be nice to make some noise

Lets face it-we need excuses why we can make it rather than why we can,t

Sorry guys but what do we say next week if we have to play -sorry team,have a good game-wish I could be there and send apologies

Any way I will yell enough for those not able to make it
Go Manly

What never ceases to amaze me is (and yes it IS a different day / time) but we can get 50,000 Manly fans turn up on the 5th of October when we play in a GF, but struggle to get 10K there when its a game TO GET to the GF.

I know a lot (like me) come from afar, or the country for the biggest of games but I would expect a bigger contingent from the "fair weather fans" group to swell the numbers.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4