Manly to be competitive in Nines

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wondered if the inclusion of Jamie and BJ was to show other clubs they're not crocked. A kind of "They're still good!" notice to prospective buyers.

I wondered if the inclusion of Jamie and BJ was to show other clubs they're not crocked. A kind of "They're still good!" notice to prospective buyers.
I reckon its more a way of easing the players back in a more flowing style game, than the heavier contact of the 13 a side game.
Hopefully can build confidence & fact is, as forwards, both are mobile with good motors & should suit the 9's style.

Looking at the squads in the Manly, NZ, Dogs, Bris pool - Manly has a good chance to qualify, as the players Dogs & Brisbane are fielding look no stronger....number 1 priority here is obviously no injuries, but always happy to see Manly compete & win everything possible including the 9's.

Geez Cowboys squad is strong

I'm tipping Penrith with Cowboys and Warriors to feature prominently

I like these fringe squads, I like seeing the fresh faces, young kids and new signings.........I'd honestly prefer it too every team naming a full strength squad, but that's just me

Is there anything to read into Liam Knight not being chosen? I thought he would have been a special for this tournament. Young gun fringe player who is big and mobile. Also thought Hynes might have been a serious option.

Is there anything to read into Liam Knight not being chosen? I thought he would have been a special for this tournament. Young gun fringe player who is big and mobile. Also thought Hynes might have been a serious option.
Knight has no future at our club unfortunately roosters have him for 2017

Last I heard he was injured / coming back

Liam pulled his hamstring otherwise was definately there.

I dont know what's happening in the Manly club, so I have no inside info. But I am far from convinced that Knight has been signed by the Roosters despite the assurances of some. There seem too many indicators that he has signed with no one and the negotiations are still happening. I also sense he wants to stay.

Bull sh** He has signed with Roosters dickhead ask your mate Bozo. Another good junior gone
I'll tell you why I doubt it. I'm not saying its not true that he has signed with SC .I dont know. But its rather suspicious that the following has been
occurring;

1. Manly only just recently warned Sydney City off trying to sign Knight and that they would be doing everything to keep him. Why maintain the pretense...unless they dont know
2. Why is Knight appearing on Manly promo pictures like the recent one with Bronwyn Bishop . Surely they wouldnt be promoting someone who is leaving
3. Why has 'Papa' Knight been on a Manly forum talking about 'his boy' and discussing his virtues and especially his link with Jake Trbojevic and how good the two would be together. Surely Papa cant be that cruel.
4. Why has Barrett been taking him up on several occasions

Seems strange that if he has signed elsewhere or they want to do a swap with him and Lawrence for Cordner as has been suggested, that they are promoting him thus. Note they havent talked up Lawrence, Buhrer, Demetriou etc. Seems they have been looking to offload such players, and it seems common practice not to talk players likely to go that much. Certainly at this point they are struggling to make a bigger offer for this year. But next year they'll have lots of spare cash and be able to match anything SC (except maybe third party issues) can offer.

Just doesnt sit right. And lots of people keep saying they know the inside story about lots of players. Sometimes they're shown to be right. But there are many other times they've been shown to be wrong. But then I'm only using conjecture. I have no inside knowledge. You may be right

I'll tell you why I doubt it. I'm not saying its not true that he has signed with SC .I dont know. But its rather suspicious that the following has been
occurring;

1. Manly only just recently warned Sydney City off trying to sign Knight and that they would be doing everything to keep him. Why maintain the pretense...unless they dont know
2. Why is Knight appearing on Manly promo pictures like the recent one with Bronwyn Bishop . Surely they wouldnt be promoting someone who is leaving
3. Why has 'Papa' Knight been on a Manly forum talking about 'his boy' and discussing his virtues and especially his link with Jake Trbojevic and how good the two would be together. Surely Papa cant be that cruel.
4. Why has Barrett been taking him up on several occasions

Seems strange that if he has signed elsewhere or they want to do a swap with him and Lawrence for Cordner as has been suggested, that they are promoting him thus. Note they havent talked up Lawrence, Buhrer, Demetriou etc. Seems they have been looking to offload such players, and it seems common practice not to talk players likely to go that much. Certainly at this point they are struggling to make a bigger offer for this year. But next year they'll have lots of spare cash and be able to match anything SC (except maybe third party issues) can offer.

Just doesnt sit right. And lots of people keep saying they know the inside story about lots of players. Sometimes they're shown to be right. But there are many other times they've been shown to be wrong. But then I'm only using conjecture. I have no inside knowledge. You may be right
Intelligent and well-reasoned arguments have no place on this forum :0)

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Seems strange that if he has signed elsewhere or they want to do a swap with him and Lawrence for Cordner as has been suggested, that they are promoting him thus. Note they havent talked up Lawrence, Buhrer, Demetriou etc. Seems they have been looking to offload such players, and it seems common practice not to talk players likely to go that much.
Although Barrett did talk up Demetriou as having potential in early Nov.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/11/11/liam_knight_suffers_.html

Rumoured since then Demetriou had some discipline issue and was moved on. Something about eyeing Zorba's big macs.

There is of course the obvious question
Why hasnt it been announced that Knight is leaving?
What's to be gained not announcing the issue if its a fait accompli. Not like its going to make much difference. Only issue then is if he stays in '16.
Doesnt fit.
And Rex I acknowledge Demetriou was lauded by Barrett end of last years season. But it proves my point that since his faux pas and likely move to Newcastle, we've heard nothing about him from the club. Silence usually has its own meaning.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7