Manly - Top 8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
I'm still confused at where we're at. We beat Penrith, Rorters and Storm , a 1 point ripoff to Broncos but lose the unloseable to faders at home , can't beat the goons or slime. We're a deadset bipolar team. All over the shop. Get that defense under control we can beat anyone but the lapses, brain fades and errors just kill ourselves

manly al

First Grader
So just by my basic understanding , sides to still play and not in any necessary order , , Sharks , Knights , Cows ,Dogs , Tigers , [ and soon Panthers and Saints ]
Not sure on what other sides Manly double up to play but say , 5 or 6 wins against the above sides would go a long way to ensuring a top 8 finish .
Always such an advantage to finish in the top four , not out of the equation but going to need quite a few things going Manly 's way for this favorable outcome

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
With the quality of wins we've had this year, missing the 8 would be a monumental failure and would/should cost Seibold his job

Looking at the 8 now there are 5 teams I'd say will certainly make it: Penrith, Melbourne, Roosters, Brisbane & Sharks. Of those we've beaten the first 3, controversially lost by a point to Brisbane and don't get to play Cronulla until the very last round. We've shown we can match it with and even beat the top sides, but the difference between us and them is they don't have the embarrassing losses like we do

Top 4 is highly unlikely at this point but even if we finish 5-8 I'd still give us a chance of going on a finals run given what we are capable of at our best. But the challenge for us for the rest of the year is to show we are capable of big performances outside of a packed out Brookie Oval - outside of Vegas (our home game against the last placed Rabbitohs) we have one ugly away win against the winless Titans. Would be nice to see the team get up without all of us there riding them home

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
T

The NRL is a joke with 2 points for a bye totally distorting the table 😡
Surely the table should only be based on wins !!
I feel like I have this chat every two weeks.

Zero points for the bye distorts the table in equal measure.

If you really wanted to get to it it would be based on win %.

But ultimately who cares, there are no prizes for your position on the ladder after round 12 and come end of season when it does matter we are all evened out.

Pete W

Bencher
With the quality of wins we've had this year, missing the 8 would be a monumental failure and would/should cost Seibold his job

Looking at the 8 now there are 5 teams I'd say will certainly make it: Penrith, Melbourne, Roosters, Brisbane & Sharks. Of those we've beaten the first 3, controversially lost by a point to Brisbane and don't get to play Cronulla until the very last round. We've shown we can match it with and even beat the top sides, but the difference between us and them is they don't have the embarrassing losses like we do

Top 4 is highly unlikely at this point but even if we finish 5-8 I'd still give us a chance of going on a finals run given what we are capable of at our best. But the challenge for us for the rest of the year is to show we are capable of big performances outside of a packed out Brookie Oval - outside of Vegas (our home game against the last placed Rabbitohs) we have one ugly away win against the winless Titans. Would be nice to see the team get up without all of us there riding them home
The thing is, Manly at Brookie is a different team to the one that plays away from home

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Seibold has a NSW player that is good enough to lead the Blues
and a Marron player good enough to lead QLD to another SOO series win
Seibold also has a plethora of very talented players at his disposal
Seibold has a top 8 competitive finals team

On another note
I dont understand how stupid Seibolds Manager is to ask for an contract extension when Seibolds team is underachieving and out of the top 8 . Bad timing by a stupid Manager as he has little bargaining power there

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The thing is, Manly at Brookie is a different team to the one that plays away from home
The thing is Pete
Grand finals are won away from home
And well drilled coached teams also have a good winning record away from home
We have lost 3 in a row . We now need to win 4 in a row to be that consistent wining finals team

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Seibold has a NSW player that is good enough to lead the Blues
and a Marron player good enough to lead QLD to another SOO series win
Seibold also has a plethora of very talented players at his disposal
Seibold has a top 8 competitive finals team

On another note
I dont understand how stupid Seibolds Manager is to ask for an contract extension when Seibolds team is underachieving and out of the top 8 . Bad timing by a stupid Manager as he has little bargaining power there
It was a scheduled informal chat not contract negotiations. The whole media narrative around that chat was sensationalist BS.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Went through the ladder predictor on nrl.com and auto filled each round which basically picks the favourites to win. Much to my surprise it had us finishing 4th, only losing to Panthers and Sharks for the rest of the season. Can't see it happening but nice to know we are a mathematical chance.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Went through the ladder predictor on nrl.com and auto filled each round which basically picks the favourites to win. Much to my surprise it had us finishing 4th, only losing to Panthers and Sharks for the rest of the season. Can't see it happening but nice to know we are a mathematical chance.
The game against the Vermin will be one that could go either way with Origin selection..

Yeah ! But that predictor doesn’t take into account who is the referee or who is in the bunker…

Just sayin’

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
We have not won more than two games in a row so far this season
We need to be more consistent
Consistency is what Transforms Top 8 finals performers
If ... we win today it will be another two wins in row
1717907347129.png

davohan123

First Grader
Tipping Member