Post-Game Discussion Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Broncos
6 Suncorp Stadium
05 May 2023 20:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

I was really unlucky tonight to have a virtual front row seat in row 1 behind the posts in the manly supporters Bay.

The main takeaway from watching the boys close up.

1. I'm not sure what Josh droppyhands role really is. Bad coaching decision must be at play here. He's useless as a link man. Drops way too many balls and any attack just dies in the middle.
2. Cooper johns is very Mediocre. We have nothing down that edge.
3. Tommy still looks cooked. Tried hard but just looks tired all the time. Walsh on the other hand was electric.
4. I'm a huge DCE supporter but he's really is too quiet to be captain. Hardly said a word out there. We need Jake to bark orders with passion.
5. I miss Foran. His direct play and game knowledge was so underappreciated. I too had hoped shoe would flourish but looks like a really bad decision now.
6.seibold isn't the Man. We had no structure or cohesion at all. So much ball in that second half on the line and Nada.
It's early days, but I'm getting worried about Seibold too.

Because Schu has his head well wedged up his lard a$$…
I think one of our issues is that as a club we identified Shuster as our future but have failed to raise a professional footballer. I don’t think coaching/fitness issues only start appearing in first grade, instead we put our head in the sand and hope it would fix itself. Our club is lacking professionalism at every corner. Our fitness/conditioning department are consistently left wanting regardless of the personnel we bring in and our players seem to focus on doing gang signs after tries in opposed to actually scoring. A big shift in culture is required, I think we have lost sight of what made Manly so special.

Parker at lock.
He would be no worse, and possibly better than Oshay Olay but that ain't going to fix things we need Shuster to be fit and step up or Fainu needs some quick development to get him in there. Croker has been a great stop gap 9 but he is clearly broken, I would really like to see Gordon get some first grade blooding. DCE shouldn't have to do so much defence it leaves him out of the play too often. Mole is trying and pulls off some big hits but he leaves gaps in the defence, like the last try they scored. Cooper Johns is not a first grade 5/8 he puts in but is less than a speed bump far too often.
We have too many bench forwards.
I thought there was a big improvement in Keppie's game last night but there needed to be.
Turbo is still not right his intercepted pass was slow and obvious and he didn't even try to chase, he looks bloody miserable even before they get on the ground.
Boy we miss Foran as broken as he is, leads by example and communicates strongly and clearly.
Message to recruitment staff - please only select hard workers that have big tickers, put in effort for the whole time they are on field and have some speed and nous between the ears as well as speed over the ground.

I think one of our issues is that as a club we identified Shuster as our future but have failed to raise a professional footballer. I don’t think coaching/fitness issues only start appearing in first grade, instead we put our head in the sand and hope it would fix itself. Our club is lacking professionalism at every corner. Our fitness/conditioning department are consistently left wanting regardless of the personnel we bring in and our players seem to focus on doing gang signs after tries in opposed to actually scoring. A big shift in culture is required, I think we have lost sight of what made Manly so special.
All this comes back to the ownership model and the owner. There is no one else for him to blame anymore. He has had four coaches on his watch and multiple ceos and football dept changes. There is no continuity at all in the club. The results on the field in his time are an extension of the garbage he has produced in managing and owning the club.

Not sure having another underweight smaller 13 would help how often we are smashed in the forwards.

If you look at the smaller 13's (Murry, Radley) they have pretty quick play the balls - have not really seen that with Burbo or Parks

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8