Pre-Game Manly V Broncos [Round 11, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

12 13
Suncorp Stadium
17 May 2024 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Yes for the first time in a while our backline looks pretty average.

Veaga & Paulo, I’d expect tons of traffic their way.
Yep, it's a scary situation alright, this is where Garrick and Talau come into it. Where they position themselves in a sliding defence situation will be crucial.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
The big concern is the huge gap in quality between the two backlines. We can only win this match if our forwards absolutely monster the Broncos forwards.
Starting wise we might be able to but our bench....well less said the better lately

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Not sure if its a Bronco...but you never know... From Telecrap tonight - Peter Badel

A high-profile Queensland NRL star and State of Origin player has been accused of rape.
The allegations were made to police after officers attended a player’s residence with a woman on Tuesday night, 9 News Queensland reported.

The woman later made a formal complaint to police, 9 News reported.

The player is currently contracted to a Queensland NRL club.

Queensland Police Service and the National Rugby League have been approached for comment.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
We struggle without Brown. His impact has been huge. Lodge seems to be carrying a niggle too.
Seemed like a player coming back from a long lay off - still yet to have the impact he did last year but would need time after his knee

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Not sure if its a Bronco...but you never know... From Telecrap tonight - Peter Badel

A high-profile Queensland NRL star and State of Origin player has been accused of rape.
The allegations were made to police after officers attended a player’s residence with a woman on Tuesday night, 9 News Queensland reported.

The woman later made a formal complaint to police, 9 News reported.

The player is currently contracted to a Queensland NRL club.

Queensland Police Service and the National Rugby League have been approached for comment.
Just read this. No fault stand down incoming…..

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
One bright spot this week: Andrew Johns is tipping Brisbane to win by 12.
How have we gone from near on full strength two weeks ago to being decimated by injuries. Bloody nrl! My broncs mate reckons we can have success going through their middle, and they will get us on their edges. I tend to agree. Interesting to see our game plan. Need to dominate up front to be any chance.

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
How have we gone from near on full strength two weeks ago to being decimated by injuries. Bloody nrl! My broncs mate reckons we can have success going through their middle, and they will get us on their edges. I tend to agree. Interesting to see our game plan. Need to dominate up front to be any chance.
They have a similar issue to us on a very different scale… Haas and Carrigan are elite but once they go off they lose a lot of momentum through the middle.

The problem is those two guys have big motors and play 60+ minutes while our starting front rowers play 45-50 minutes.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
They have a similar issue to us on a very different scale… Haas and Carrigan are elite but once they go off they lose a lot of momentum through the middle.

The problem is those two guys have big motors and play 60+ minutes while our starting front rowers play 45-50 minutes.
Yep, I think Hass numbers are still good but coming back from injury he doesn’t look 100% for mine. They are certainly back to the field the broncs and loss of key players (leaders) has impacted that. They essentially rely on the specky play from Walsh and Mam to keep them competitive and get them out of trouble. If we can get them in the middle and nullify those two we are every chance. Obviously easier said than done.

Rafferty

Mug punter
Yep, I think Hass numbers are still good but coming back from injury he doesn’t look 100% for mine. They are certainly back to the field the broncs and loss of key players (leaders) has impacted that. They essentially rely on the specky play from Walsh and Mam to keep them competitive and get them out of trouble. If we can get them in the middle and nullify those two we are every chance. Obviously easier said than done.
Its these two names that keep getting thrown up, Walsh and Mam, not sure how we nullify them either, if we go after them in the middle, that‘ll sap our juice, those pair have the potential to run amok against our middles, maybe Mam should be forced to do a sh1t ton of defence, slow him down a bit, do that and maybe Walsh doesn’t get as many opportunities to link in. Still think where in for a pretty tough night.

Last edited:

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Not only can we not even stop being bent over, The Broncos are going in dry. They are the polar opposite of us, and it'll show. Anyways, Siebold is a 40 odd percent winning quality coach, so this will put us right in his sweet spot - of mediocrity.

I detest quitting, but I honestly wish we could just forfeit this game to avoid injuries.
We wont forfeit,
If we fight THE MANLY WAY we are in with a chance feathered friend

Eagle 1

First Grader
Well, light rain falling here in the Bris city area with more rain tomorrow.
Could be a case of slippery ball footy tomorrow night, could help us, just wishful thinking on my part I suppose.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
How have we gone from near on full strength two weeks ago to being decimated by injuries.
Every team had injuries
But some coaches have proven to find a way to Inspire their team to a win
No one has ever won a game with excuses
Excuse are losers infamous last words
Lets stay away from Excuses as they are not the Manly Premiership Winning Way

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Pretty sure you already owe me actual $$$ from a bet hahaha. Double or nothing mate?
Nothing is Guaranteed in life and neither are the favourite Broncos of a win .
Upsets do happen dont they @Ryan ?
But only if Seibold can lift and inspire his team because that is what he gets paid to do

silvereagle

Reserve Grader
Great opportunity for the team to make a statement. Paseka and Haumole can certainly state their case for NSW SOO in this one game. Cherry I think holds the key however. If he plays his calm cool game manager role we win. If he plays the run around in circles in the backline role we get beat. Hopefully he gives the ball plenty of air tomorrow night and gets Tolu running in open spaces. Love the way this kid runs but be nice to see this without 2-3 defenders hanging off him!!!

Eagle 1

First Grader
Its these two names that keep getting thrown up, Walsh and Mam, not sure how we nullify them either, if we go after them in the middle, that‘ll sap our juice, those pair have the potential to run amok against our middles, maybe Mam should be forced to do a sh1t ton of defence, slow him down a bit, do that and maybe Walsh doesn’t get as many opportunities to link in. Still think where in for a pretty tough night.
You forgot to throw in Cobbo, he is a wrecking ball, and compliments the speed of Walsh and Mam. The expected slower track might just just slow them down a touch, but that's about it tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14