Manly v Broncos [Round 12 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mickqld said:
Donkeys at full strength, we are down again on troops, missing our 2 hard men plus the playmaker. Pinkos will be all over us as the unwashed demand blood for last Wed. Donkeys by 10

You're actually making a lot of sense in your pessimism there mate.

If we do get ambushed up there, and lose, I hope it comes with no more bloody injuries!

Especially with Killer, Foz and Snake.

I really do believe it's only injuries that can stop us this year.

RiverEagle said:
So if Hodges is out, what's the drum on Thaiday?

If he's still out too that evens things up a bit.

Thaiday will play, Gillett and Parker are playing as of now, but tomorrow may see either of them rested. Also interested to see what their coach does with their bench, 4 forwards or a utility player.

I'll be watching on from Normanton in the Gulf on Sunday arvo , first Brissie game I have missed for almost 10 years !!

Go Manly

mickqld said:
Will be there sec 309 row 24 taking the kids to their first Sea Eagles game.

Make sure you have us written off before kick-off Mick...:p

wombatgc said:
mickqld said:

Already have, tipped Donkeys by 10. Can't see us winning this one at all. :dodgy:

Mark from Brisbane said:
I'll be watching on from Normanton in the Gulf on Sunday arvo , first Brissie game I have missed for almost 10 years !!

Go Manly

We'll have a beer or three tomorrow for you at the LA bar Mark:)
Pretty sure there is an early arrival crew getting themselves well and truly liqueured up at an Eagle St bar as I type. :p

mickqld said:
wombatgc said:
mickqld said:

Already have, tipped Donkeys by 10. Can't see us winning this one at all. :dodgy:

Beautiful! :D

There is an article this morning about Lyon and the fact he doesn't want to play origin again. same every year a boring article .
But in it Tooves says that Lyon and foran are not at 100%. That worries me about there level of play and further injury. Good luck boys

Brisbane Broncos lose Justin Hodges for Manly Sea Eagles clash

Queensland centre Justin Hodges has been scratched from Brisbane's line-up but Manly still hold hope Blues back-rower Anthony Watmough will play through the pain barrier at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday.
Broncos coach Anthony Griffin had little hesitation in ruling Hodges out in a safety-first move to guard against aggravating his ankle problem.
The veteran centre finished Wednesday night's State of Origin series opener, playing solidly in Queensland's 12-8 loss, but his injury history prompted Griffin to take conservative approach.
"He's still a bit stiff and we have to be a bit cautious with him," the coach said on Saturday.
"He's just come back half a dozen weeks ago from a major injury and he's carrying a minor injury at the moment, so we just have to be smart with the way we manage him."
However, Corey Parker and Matt Gillett will back up after Origin I, joining the returning Sam Thaiday in a full-strength Broncos pack.
Griffin admitted the pair wouldn't have played if the game was scheduled in Brisbane's regular Friday night timeslot.
"With people like Justin, who is an obvious risk, we have to be smart with them but Gillett and Parker both want to play so they'll play," Griffin said.
"Sunday is great for us. The extra couple of days [break] helps.
"It was a brutal game."
Watmough, one of the many NSW stars on the Blues' casualty list, remarkably hopes to carry his lingering biceps injury into Sunday's battle.
The second-rower took part in the Sea Eagles' final training session on Saturday morning and might fly north and be given until kick-off to prove his fitness.
Manly already must overcome the loss of star halfback Daly Cherry-Evans (knee) but they have Kiwi five-eighth Kieran Foran making his long-awaited return to partner Jack Littlejohn in the halves.
With Cooper Cronk (broken arm) ruled out of the rest of the series and Cherry-Evans in doubt for Origin II on June 18, Broncos playmaker Ben Hunt has rushed into contention for the Maroons' No.7 jersey.
Hunt can make a statement with a big game on Sunday but Griffin is guarded about whether the youngster is ready for the step up.
"That's someone else's decision," he said. "He's only really started playing halfback at the NRL level.
"I wouldn't want to put that expectation on him at the moment."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/brisbane-broncos-lose-justin-hodges-for-manly-sea-eagles-clash-20140531-zrtq1.html#ixzz33KpZWinP

Sea Eagles (update): NSW forward Anthony Watmough is out with a biceps injury, joining Queensland star Daly Cherry-Evans, who has been ruled out with a knee injury suffered in State of Origin I. Jack Littlejohn is set to replace Cherry-Evans, with James Hasson likely to cover Watmough.

damiennp90 said:
There is an article this morning about Lyon and the fact he doesn't want to play origin again. same every year a boring article .
But in it Tooves says that Lyon and foran are not at 100%. That worries me about there level of play and further injury. Good luck boys
2v may well be foxing. If they have not fully recovered would they / should they be playing ?
If this is the case, it would be better not to risk these assets, and have Mania Rudolf & JLJ.

Possible DT or SMH story for tomorrow.

DCE was briefly sighted smiling with good mate Benny Barbara. An unknown source reported that they were discussing plans to get Donkey from Shrek tattooed across their hearts. Another source has confirmed a that there are in fact, pens, in the donkeys' recruiting office.
Meanwhile on Sydney's Northern beaches a particularly reliable unknown source, wearing sunglasses and overcoat, has reported that Anthony Watmough has further damaged his torn bicep by using his injured arm to repeatedly smash the face of a specially made Cherry-Evans voodoo doll.
:p

Go Manly. Smash those donkeys and heal well Cherry and Choc.

Its so hot humid and sunny up here - glad I listened to Weather Channel and lugged an umbrella and jacket :dodgy:

Win big Manly :exclamation: :heart:

niccipops said:
Possible DT or SMH story for tomorrow.

DCE was briefly sighted smiling with good mate Benny Barbara. An unknown source reported that they were discussing plans to get Donkey from Shrek tattooed across their hearts. Another source has confirmed a that there are in fact, pens, in the donkeys' recruiting office.
Meanwhile on Sydney's Northern beaches a particularly reliable unknown source, wearing sunglasses and overcoat, has reported that Anthony Watmough has further damaged his torn bicep by using his injured arm to repeatedly smash the face of a specially made Cherry-Evans voodoo doll.
:p

Go Manly. Smash those donkeys and heal well Cherry and Choc.

Choc doesn't play with dolls! ;)

manlyfan76 said:
HappilyManly said:
Its so hot humid and sunny up here - glad I listened to Weather Channel and lugged an umbrella and jacket :dodgy:

Win big Manly :exclamation: :heart:
Beer drinking weather!

Have a couple, and make a lot o' noise for those of us not there!

We wanna' hear, ''Mannn-leee...Mannn-leee'' through our TV's again please!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6