Pre-Game Manly v Bulldogs [Round 1, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

31 6
4 Pines Park
04 Mar 2023 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manly v Bulldogs [Round 1, 2023]

MATCH DAY

Saturday 4th March 2023

Venue:
.... 4 Pines Park, Brookvale, NSW

Gates Open:.... 10:45am.

Jersey Flegg Kick Off Time:.... Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs: 11:00am.

NSW Cup Kick Off Time:.... Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs: 12:40pm.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs: 3:00pm.

TICKETING

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Team List etc. will be updated on Tuesday Afternoon (28/2/23)

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Reuben Garrick
03. Tolutau Koula
04. Brad Parker
05. Christian Tuipulotu
06. Cooper Johns
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Kaeo Weekes
15. Sean Keppie
16. Toafofoa Sipley
17. Ethan Bullemor

Replacement:

18. Morgan Harper.

Reserves:

19. Ben Trbojevic
20. Latu Fainu
21. Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
22. Ben Condon
23. Nathaniel Roache
24. Zac Fulton
25. Samuela Fainu
26. Viliami Fifita
27. Jamie Humphreys - Development Player

28. Fletcher Myers - Development Player
29. Jacob Sykes - Development Player
30. Gordon Chan Kum Tong - Development Player.

Out:

Available But Not Selected:

From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News, Updates & Returns Details' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

* * * (Updated: Wednesday, 22 Feb 2023) * * *

Sea Eagles five-eighth Josh Schuster has been ruled out of Round 1 due to a calf injury.

The club confirmed on Tuesday night that Schuster won't be available for the season opener against Canterbury but should be available after the side's bye in Round 3.

Sea Eagles pair Morgan Harper (knee) Brad Parker (broken nose) picked up injuries in the Pre-season Challenge but have been cleared of serious damage while coach Anthony Seibold has declared superstar fullback Tom Trbojevic a certain starter for Round 1.

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Morgan Harper (Knee, Round 1)
  • Brad Parker (Broken Nose, Round 1)
  • Tom Trbojevic (Hamstring, Round 1)
  • Josh Schuster (Calf, Round 3)
  • Karl Lawton (Knee, Round 4-5)
  • Morgan Boyle (Foot, Mid-Season)
  • Jason Saab (Knee, Mid-Season)
  • Alec Tuitavake (Knee, Mid-Season)

Also, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are slight variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:

• Morgan Harper (Knee, Round 1)
  • Brad Parker (Facial Injury, Round 1)
  • Tom Trbojevic (Hamstring, Round 1)
  • Josh Schuster (Calf, Round 3)
  • Karl Lawton (Knee, Round 4)
  • Morgan Boyle (Foot, Indefinite)
  • Jason Saab (Knee, Indefinite)
  • Alec Tuitavake (Knee, Indefinite)
Welcome back Jethro! Love your work!!

Alinta are hands down the worst organisation I've ever dealth with
Really? They were great to me.
Had an issue where Kayo didn't apply my voucher the second year and started charging me. Kayo would not help, Alinta credited me the money kayo charged me ( 3 months kayo), then sorted out a new voucher for me. Best bit is we have solar and our last bill was $25 for the quarter.
10/10 from me.

Well I see nothing's changed over at Fox. The season preview show which went for 90 minutes had at least a 5 min discussion on every team except 1. Barely got to 2 min on Manly and no fox lab prediction finish. All that was mentioned new coach, Turbo the only player mentioned.
As usual Rorters, Scumatta, Dogs, Penriff, Souffs, Broncos got between 5 to 10 min of in depth analysis. Fu*kofffox.
that's exactly why I am not watching fox sports this season

Thought the dogs looked awful in the trial. We should take care of business at home. Real shame about the Schu as I was very keen to see him run out in the 6. That said Cooper Johns has impressed me so far as well.

Manly 32
Dogs 10

Guac 1st try scorer
Turbo 1st second half tryscorer
Koula last try scorer

Well I see nothing's changed over at Fox. The season preview show which went for 90 minutes had at least a 5 min discussion on every team except 1. Barely got to 2 min on Manly and no fox lab prediction finish. All that was mentioned new coach, Turbo the only player mentioned.
As usual Rorters, Scumatta, Dogs, Penriff, Souffs, Broncos got between 5 to 10 min of in depth analysis. Fu*kofffox.
You're spot on @mickqld. I just rewatched/timed it and the Manly talk was less than 90 seconds (whereas many of them were over 4 mins.) Not only that, they didn't even bother showing our Predicted Finish like for most other teams. (Their predictions are a joke anyway...Dogs finish 15th?!)

:fire: indeed :)

However, to be successful in the NRL, wins need to be strung together, especially against lower ranked opposition. If this can done against the top ranked teams, it indicates a team can be a real force in the comp.

In 2021, I don't think we won more than three games in a row* and we had no wins against top four teams, indicating we weren't a serious title threat. If the stars align injury-wise, it could be a much different scenario in 2023.

edit: on one occasion in 2021, we won four consecutive games (Rds 22-25), and on four occasions, we won three consecutive games - weird season

Last edited:
:fire: indeed :)

However, to be successful in the NRL, wins need to be strung together, especially against lower ranked opposition. If this can done against the top ranked teams, it indicates a team can be a real force in the comp.

In 2021, I don't think we won more than three games in a row and we had no wins against top four teams, indicating we weren't a serious title threat. If the stars align injury-wise, it could be a much different scenario in 2023.
Yeah I was only half joking, I was very pleased at those wins, manly was going pretty well, on track for the 8.

Very important to start of on the right foot here especially considering we get a week off the following week. We should score either 5 or 6 tries with these players. Garrick should kick atleast 4 or 5. So 28 puts minimum for us. We should hold the Dogs to either 2 or 3 tries. At the end of the day we should win comfortably. A 10-18 pt margin.

28-16 most likely result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11