Pre-Game Manly v Bulldogs [Round 3, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

13 12
4 Pines Park
27 Mar 2022 06:15 PM

Team Lists

Ryan

Journey Man
Describes you to a T even the denial.

Then continues to personally attack and insult even though is the first to complain about such.

Never said anything about being upset mate, that's all you, infact your the one upset about anyone posting anything remotely close to opposing your personal thoughts. The last few posts of yours as an example.

I've got nothing.
You're outta touch mate.

I'll just say sorry for you linking me in a post around accidentally ignoring me, then un-ignoring. Not sure what you wanted out of the post, but I hope it fulfilled whatever need you had.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I just don’t think we’ve sunken low enough yet for the passion to get ignited.

It took 5 games last year , I’m thinking it might be 6 this year.

I just don’t like the look and feel of our team this year , they get knocked over in the first set , the heads go down and you just know you’re screwed again.

I yearn for the days that we put up a fight in EVERY game.

Ryan

Journey Man
ME!

One of the things I would like to see this week against the Dogs is team camaraderie. Last night, Souths looked like a real 'team'. They came out and played as a unit and the passion for what they were doing really stood out. Manly seem to lack that 'spirit' at times. It was spirit that made the successful Manly side of 07-13 so strong. The competitiveness and will to win of the Stewarts, Watmough, Lyon, Matai and co. made us so hard to beat.

I don't see the desire in this Manly side. They feel like a team of individuals doing a job because they have to. I'd like to see some fire and passion and team spirit tomorrow! I don't mean the manufactured Bulldogs yahooing that Addo-Carr and Burton have tried to implement in the first two weeks of the competition. We can stop short of a circle-jerk in the vein of Penrith, but yeah, some enthusiasm would be nice!

To win, we'll need a complete re-adjustment of attitude in defense. That, and simple effort - being the slowest play-the-ball team statistically is unacceptable, because that's flat out laziness (and something Des HAS to address). We are lazy, or unfit (and I hope it's lazy, because that can be fixed).

The one player who is showing intensity and passion is Walker, and he's leaving, which is so disappointing to me. Does everything at 100 miles an hour. When he scores, touches the Eagles emblem. So sorry to see him leave. He should be starting in the centres, with Koula the other side.

That way, we can have a more standard bench that could counter the opposition tearing us a new arsehole up the middle (which I'm sure The Dogs are going to try and do).

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

I just don’t like the look and feel of our team this year , they get knocked over in the first set , the heads go down and you just know you’re screwed again.

That'll be this weekend!

woohoo!

eaglebuzz

Bencher
I've got nothing.
You're outta touch mate.

I'll just say sorry for you linking me in a post around accidentally ignoring me, then un-ignoring. Not sure what you wanted out of the post, but I hope it fulfilled whatever need you had.
I think one of the two of you using the ignore button would solve a lot of problems for everyone.

NYEagle

Bencher

Completely agree Mark. There seems to be no fight in this lot. That 1st half against the Roosters was our most uninspired in years. I'm very worried.
NYEagle

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12