Pre-Game Manly v Bulldogs [Round 3, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

13 12
4 Pines Park
27 Mar 2022 06:15 PM

Team Lists

Just out of interest what does actually happen if you ignore someone on here?
Their posts don't show up but responses to them do - you just don't see their post. BUT, if they start a thread, you don't see it. Ran into that last year when actually the poster we're talking about here started a game preview thread and I didn't see any of it.

@:D TBH already have @:D

Serious question though, do you cheer when the dogs score ?
Are you going to the game, will you sit in the stand with manly gear on surrounded by manly fans and scream and yell how happy you are whenever dogs score ?
Just need to know the protocols of betting against our team as your the unrivalled expert @:D

Sorry to say brother but that won't get up as, as promised, I tipped the Dogs in the tipping comp so everyone could enjoy a win.

I am the mock.

So far, this week, I'm 0 for 3. No team can carry me.

We are now specials.

Watching last year, our back rowers weren’t running wide in the backline, they were pretty tight and often stepped back toward the middle. This has the effect of keeping the opposition forwards in the middle, and then there was plenty of room for our halves and back 3 to operate.

This year our backrowers look like they are in the backline, crowding the centres and wingers towards the sideline, and no room for Tom at all.

Sorry to say brother but that won't get up as, as promised, I tipped the Dogs in the tipping comp so everyone could enjoy a win.

I am the mock.

So far, this week, I'm 0 for 3. No team can carry me.

We are now specials.
:) Also the reason I did, a small sacrifice.
So between the both of us, Manly should win convincingly

@:D TBH already have @:D

Serious question though, do you cheer when the dogs score ?
Are you going to the game, will you sit in the stand with manly gear on surrounded by manly fans and scream and yell how happy you are whenever dogs score ?
Just need to know the protocols of betting against our team as your the unrivalled expert @:D

Nah, the rule is, never cheer against your team. I get way too pissed off, disappointed, frustrated & upset (as you can see by my posts).

Hate to say it, but I'm struggling to see how and where Manly win the forward battle to win this? And I'm not necessarily seeing a huge number of points in the dogs.

Our pack hasn't just been struggling, they have been hopeless. Playing pre historic structure, one out, snail mail slow on the ground, marshmallow soft and pathetic.

Dogs are so concerned by our line speed, there pack has been stacked, Jr and Heatheringtons size on edges. Then they have more props then us on the bench.

I just can't see us winning a slow old school fight up front, not with our team selections, even allowing for our props to each improve 30 per cent.

It should be easy, how does a lighter pack beat a heavier one? If we had line speed and multiple options around the Ruck, we could tire those big bodies Make the run. Change angles. Make them run. Change angles. Go through holes.

But it's 3 years since we've seen that at Man.

A weight of possession, with our halves getting repeat after repeat would sure help. I'll say 10 years since we put that many repeat sets back to back.

Hope I'm wrong and can talk em into form. But just don't think we do things well enough to deserve to win. $50 of my hard earned at 4 to 1.

Last edited:
I’ve been down the ‘ignore button’ wormhole before and I have to say, it’s not the answer.

I had to ask myself why I would let a complete stranger, who appears only as letters and font on a screen, impact on my well-being to the point where I can’t see their letters and font on a screen anymore...then I realised how stupid the whole thing was and got on with it.

I’ve been down the ‘ignore button’ wormhole before and I have to say, it’s not the answer.

I had to ask myself why I would let a complete stranger, who appears only as letters and font on a screen, impact on my well-being to the point where I can’t see their letters and font on a screen anymore...then I realised how stupid the whole thing was and got on with it.
Scrolling down is the best feature.

More should embrace it.

Anyone want to talk about footy in this thread?
ME!

One of the things I would like to see this week against the Dogs is team camaraderie. Last night, Souths looked like a real 'team'. They came out and played as a unit and the passion for what they were doing really stood out. Manly seem to lack that 'spirit' at times. It was spirit that made the successful Manly side of 07-13 so strong. The competitiveness and will to win of the Stewarts, Watmough, Lyon, Matai and co. made us so hard to beat.

I don't see the desire in this Manly side. They feel like a team of individuals doing a job because they have to. I'd like to see some fire and passion and team spirit tomorrow! I don't mean the manufactured Bulldogs yahooing that Addo-Carr and Burton have tried to implement in the first two weeks of the competition. We can stop short of a circle-jerk in the vein of Penrith, but yeah, some enthusiasm would be nice!

ME!

One of the things I would like to see this week against the Dogs is team camaraderie. Last night, Souths looked like a real 'team'. They came out and played as a unit and the passion for what they were doing really stood out. Manly seem to lack that 'spirit' at times. It was spirit that made the successful Manly side of 07-13 so strong. The competitiveness and will to win of the Stewarts, Watmough, Lyon, Matai and co. made us so hard to beat.

I don't see the desire in this Manly side. They feel like a team of individuals doing a job because they have to. I'd like to see some fire and passion and team spirit tomorrow!

Looking at some of the tries, I was thinking that today I'd almost hate to score one as you're faced with 4 guys hugging you then another 4 jumping on the backs of anyone to celebrate.

I think willie Mason did that and broke leary's back - which may be the cause of leary's loss of form and not @Mark from Brisbane 's curse. :)

I would love to see that camaraderie and a 'not on our turf' mentality in defence.

ME!

I don't see the desire in this Manly side. They feel like a team of individuals doing a job because they have to. I'd like to see some fire and passion and team spirit tomorrow! I don't mean the manufactured Bulldogs yahooing that Addo-Carr and Burton have tried to implement in the first two weeks of the competition. We can stop short of a circle-jerk in the vein of Penrith, but yeah, some enthusiasm would be nice!
I have been wondering about that this year, last year the boys seemed really united but this year they seem less passionate. I can't help but wonder if the boys are feeling flat because Marty is being shopped around...

I have been wondering about that this year, last year the boys seemed really united but this year they seem less passionate. I can't help but wonder if the boys are feeling flat because Marty is being shopped around...
Easy to get a sense of unity and passion when thing's are going well, but it is when backs are to the wall when you know who stands with you.

I agree we seem to lack that, but I think it was there last year too, just covered by the wins

Also, the Kennel seem to think that we just need to run at Okunbor and the game is ours.

fwiw

Yeah it's hard to get a read on it. A good season like last year can kinda go two ways...I assumed we'd just be hungrier to go one better and we'd hit the ground running but that same mindset can breed complacency...maybe players assuming it's all just going to happen because it happened last year, forgetting the amount of work and desperation that goes into it? Early days I guess, but yeah, I'd love to see some fire in the belly this weekend.

ME!

Love to see it.
Be rather interested to hear others views on this one.

I know my experience playing and then coaching footy, was that this was an ingredient that couldn't just be manufactured. We'll certainly not over night.

I'd probably say a coach you can put things in place to create cultures and values but months years.

Tight bonds off the field are tight bond on the field.

Tis a big reason why when someone like Knight is training with Turbo and the boys because they're his mates, I'd love to see DES move hell and high water to get em in.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11