Pre-Game Manly v Bulldogs [Round 3, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

13 12
4 Pines Park
27 Mar 2022 06:15 PM

Team Lists

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
Great to see Marty and Keppie rewarded for their massive one run efforts in the first half last week with starting spots for this game. Ignoring the fact Koula will never be selected unless one of the backs get injured, leaving out Sipley and carrying only one prop on the bench is just madness after being dominated up front in our last 5 games (barring the semi vs the Roosters C grade team)

Ryan

Journey Man
I see there's as much accountability in the playing group , as there is with Crushers KPI's hahaha.

Des needs a modern coaching Director, sorry. These jobs for the boys, and loyalty to positions despite form is out of touch.

Well I am a Des supporter and was last year even though I was outraged after 4 weeks and called for mass sackings.... just about all of my thoughts on sackings proved to be wrong.... but I am astounded he has named the same team this week. There needed to be changes. No way in hell do Marty and Keppie lay any attacking platform.... Marty and Paseka - some hope - Keppie and Marty not a chance. No way Davey should be on the bench. Again we have the wrong mix of players in the pack. I said last week that if there was another poor performance there must be changes in the forwards at least.... well this absolutely has to be the last chance for some of them. Wow.

Hotspur2014

Reserve Grader
Well I am a Des supporter and was last year even though I was outraged after 4 weeks and called for mass sackings.... just about all of my thoughts on sackings proved to be wrong.... but I am astounded he has named the same team this week. There needed to be changes. No way in hell do Marty and Keppie lay any attacking platform.... Marty and Paseka - some hope - Keppie and Marty not a chance. No way Davey should be on the bench. Again we have the wrong mix of players in the pack. I said last week that if there was another poor performance there must be changes in the forwards at least.... well this absolutely has to be the last chance for some of them. Wow.
I wrote yesterday that he would make no changes - so I’m not surprised !!
How he thinks that we can be a contender starting Harper , Croker and Parker , and then no changes to the forward pack is beyond me after their very poor performances.

Rocky

Bencher
Yeah we didn't expect mass changes. But a mild surprise there weren't some obvious tweaks. Maybe they will be done when the final 17 is named.

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
Can I say that not seeing any changes .....WTF ..... how can Des support the performance of last week. There has to be consequences. In any job or place of employment the employees are required to do their job. I'm telling everyone that if any of my employees put in a performance like that - they would be accountable and it would be swift. All this does is reinforce a PPP. If this continues on Sunday I'm giving back my membership and say good bye. NRL is a business supported by supporters who invest in the club, invest in merchandise, spend money, invest time. Is it a good investment if we see no return from our investment?

KaZa

Bencher
Changes I would make are mainly positional. Go bigger from the start. Get Marty wider running at halves and offloading. Jake at 13 being a ball player is the biggest myth I've ever seen. He's a no frills prop at best imo. His defence is crucial. Lawton to add spark from the beginning and have Walker come on for him if needed. Keppie and Sipley prop rotation.
Last chance saloon for some of the forwards. Tuitavake should be in soon. Shuster back soon. A few may be dropped.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Tolu Koula
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau’atu
12. Marty Taupau
13. Karl Lawton

14. Dylan Walker
15. Sean Keppie/Bullemoor
16. Andrew Davey
17. Toff Sipley

Eagle 1

First Grader
Changes I would make are mainly positional. Go bigger from the start. Get Marty wider running at halves and offloading. Jake at 13 being a ball player is the biggest myth I've ever seen. He's a no frills prop at best imo. His defence is crucial. Lawton to add spark from the beginning and have Walker come on for him if needed. Keppie and Sipley prop rotation.
Last chance saloon for some of the forwards. Tuitavake should be in soon. Shuster back soon. A few may be dropped.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Tolu Koula
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau’atu
12. Marty Taupau
13. Karl Lawton

14. Dylan Walker
15. Sean Keppie/Bullemoor
16. Andrew Davey
17. Toff Sipley
Having Marty start could be good, he'll know his contributions so far have been well below par. Expecting Marty to up the ante, but another poor start might see another early hook from Des. I'd have Sipley in for Bullemore, not really showing much tbh, although, would like to be proved wrong.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Can I say that not seeing any changes .....WTF ..... how can Des support the performance of last week. There has to be consequences. In any job or place of employment the employees are required to do their job. I'm telling everyone that if any of my employees put in a performance like that - they would be accountable and it would be swift. All this does is reinforce a PPP. If this continues on Sunday I'm giving back my membership and say good bye. NRL is a business supported by supporters who invest in the club, invest in merchandise, spend money, invest time. Is it a good investment if we see no return from our investment?
It was a given that Des would stick solid with the team for the 3rd round, this has all the hallmarks of a rampaging win for us. New Grandstands, new turf.... it's virtually a new ground !! biggish crowd, shame about the covid restrictions on how many can attend. I'm smelling a big bounce back by the lads on Sunday evening.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Why would we expect changes. I mean Taupau 1 TB , 11 runs for 81 m and Keppie 2 TB , 5 runs for 41m. I mean seriously how can anyone argue against those outstanding stats for our starting mids. Give them a contract upgrade...... FMD I despair already.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12