Pre-Game Manly v Bulldogs [Round 3, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

13 12
4 Pines Park
27 Mar 2022 06:15 PM

Team Lists

If we lose to the dogs I will renounce my citizenship, shave my head & go & live in a monastery....

If this continues on Sunday I'm giving back my membership and say good bye.

I will throw myself off the Gateway Bridge up here in Brisveagas
Some fantastic ideas here! Well done guys!

Season 5 Good Job GIF by Outlander

Is going to be a bit of a crunch game in many respects . Manly struggled against the Dogs in their last encounter and Manly pretty much full strength late last season . Dogs have some better personal since then , certainly a better forward pack , No guarantee of a win , not too sure how much more Manly has to improve for a win but not inconsiderable . Really have to get their defence in order at least for basic starters and try to win the ruck or be very competitive there instead of just some occasional good one off efforts , in other words play as a complete pack . and find a way to get Turbo effectively involved again . Team can just not be playing reasonably well and committed in patches , has to be for the full 80 .

2 things ..

1) i don't think the doggies have the skill and discipline to close down Tommy for 80 minutes

2) without a good halfback the doggies haven't shown they have enough points in them to win.
Won't matter if their forward pack dominates ours. That's where we are losing matches.

And their starting forward pack looks a lot better than ours does!

2 things ..

1) i don't think the doggies have the skill and discipline to close down Tommy for 80 minutes

2) without a good halfback the doggies haven't shown they have enough points in them to win.
1) our own players will do that
2) after last week would you say that about our half back and do you think we have enough points in us?

1) our own players will do that
2) after last week would you say that about our half back and do you think we have enough points in us?
As long as DCE:
  • stops running up out of the line in defense, leaving a hole for Shmole / Harper / Saab to cover - this kills us close to our lines
  • running around like a headless eagle when presented with a straight defensive wall - just draw and pass left or right to Shmole or Harper (like most other halfbacks can do)
  • keep up with the kicking game - he still has one of the best long kicks going
  • keep up with the high accurate kicks to Saab - or the long range ones to his wing and let him chase - that seems to scare a lot of other teams.

Positives and negatives - well balanced, I think.

i’m telling you now, we will be lucky to win this game, The same side has been selected, our forwards are a myth and that is our major issue

can’t wait to watch Garrick, Saab and Parker take the first 3 hit ups of every set again 🙄

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10