Post-Game Discussion Manly v Bulldogs [Round 3, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Bulldogs
13 4 Pines Park
27 Mar 2022 18:15
80th minute

Match Stats

Well, damn

Just so relieved and happy we got that win. Felt as ecstatic as Jake was afterwards haha. New grandstand was beautiful to watch the game in. Proud of our fans flocking in despite the weather. Just felt so good to be back at brooky.

Now, let's take this ugly one point win like we did last year with the Warriors win, and kickstart our season properly. Felt like this game was truly a continuation of our 2nd half of the roosters game. We weren't as atrocious as our first three halves of the season, but we had fight and determination in us and defended well. Really excited to see Schuster back and Aloiai, big expectations with Aloiai, I hope he is rejuvenated and learnt from his dumb mistakes and comes back to pre wrist injury form of last year. We need that mongrel in the middle. And the Schuster magic will speak for itself.

We are back on track baby, enjoy the week, GO MANLYYYYYYYY!
Excited for the Schu. Don’t have many expectations from aloiai. Optimisms, but not expectations.

I wish we could throw taupau out and start to bring in a younger prop with energy

At the end of the post match interview, Des picked up one of the phones from the table and said "Hey Bulldog...there's a message here for you saying grab some milk on the way home."

Which was kinda funny.

And except for some comments about the naming of the Bob Fulton stand, that's about all there was to the 'conference'.

Well a win is a win but im very disappointed in our game which seems to have gone backwards.
Said it before say it again , we are NOT PLAYING SMART ENOUGH. ! !
Keppie .....WTF , Gifts first try to them , FURIOUS WITH THAT
DCE .....WTF , Lost, no direction poor all round game , field goal finally got something right.
Harper ...WTF , No words for this ??? ,if he don't want the ball get him off !

And why after multiple sets on their line is our front rower chip kicking ????
Our attack is lacking and defense is abysmal , why when we cant catch a ball in defense do you think we can catch one in attack ???
Play any other team other than them or tigers we get our arse handed to us in that game , I'm just so disappointed we make far to many mistakes , then compound them with penalty's or restarts .
We have no hope next week if we play like this.
Ill take the win but that's all , some serious discussions need to happen at Brookie .
And why is Turbo taking so many hard runs in to traffic , where's our forwards isn't that what they get paid to do??Use Turbo as a decoy , think about it at least he alone cant win us every game the man needs support.

At the end of the post match interview, Des picked up one of the phones from the table and said "Hey Bulldog...there's a message here for you saying grab some milk on the way home."

Which was kinda funny.

And except for some comments about the naming of the Bob Fulton stand, that's about all there was to the 'conference'.
That was funny, gotta love Dessie’s dry humour.

Made it hard for themselves and obviously a scrappy win but some better signs as well . Thought D C E was much improved and played a bit smarter , Foz and Oloka - atu very solid efforts again , Turbo better involvement and commitment but still has to be used better and to avoid the severe spotting tactics on him . Seemed a bit better with organized plays , still not to the level of last season but far from ideal playing conditions too . Terrible mistake rate but still found a way to subdue some of the better Bulldogs attacking players and solid forward pack . Can only think it best to bring in Koula for Harper , Garrick is going well and lucky he had his kicking boots on . Gritty win in many ways , hard again to watch the cheap turn overs and momentum killing plays but think that the side can only get better and with a bit of confidence from the narrow win .

I've had time to digest last nights game.

It is fair to say that Manly are very ordinary at the moment and really have to step up to even consider troubling the best sides.

The weather was prominent last night in dictating the tactics that needed to be used. We played a team that is limited in what it can do and we made it very easy for them way too often.

I do not understand why we were trying to play dry weather footy in conditions like that! The third tackle of the game and we try to offload 10 out from own line. lose the ball and concede a try from a grubber, straight away behind the 8 ball!

The Dogs played smarter, we aided them by dropping the ball, giving up penalties and giving them easy outs. The discipline really needs to improve!

The team scores lovely long range tries at times and that is amazing to watch. What we failed to do is break the Dogs down when we had a glut of possession and it almost cost us.

We really need to lift upfront. I do not see a platform being created and our halves are being rushed all the time.

DCE will get the plaudits for the field goal and his just about number 1 in the game to hit a clutch field goal. However he had very poor game. Missing a kick for touch. Waywood passing and he again failed to manage the game. It is not all his fault, it yet again stems from the fact that we do not have a proactive 9 bossing the ruck and he and Foran are under so much pressure.

Tommy did well despite being tightly marked. Foran was very strong as well.

I think what needs to be addressed is our right side where Morgan Harper is clearly lacking confidence. It might be an idea to give Koula a go as his raw speed can bust open a game.

We will take the win and it truly was a slog of a game. Hopefully this will get things moving for Manly. It is clear that we are well behind some of the teams right now. Fortunately it is only week 3.

I can’t remember a side that dis respects the ball as much as us.
Harper, keppie, taupu, dce are the main offenders every week.

I've had time to digest last nights game.

It is fair to say that Manly are very ordinary at the moment and really have to step up to even consider troubling the best sides.

The weather was prominent last night in dictating the tactics that needed to be used. We played a team that is limited in what it can do and we made it very easy for them way too often.

I do not understand why we were trying to play dry weather footy in conditions like that! The third tackle of the game and we try to offload 10 out from own line. lose the ball and concede a try from a grubber, straight away behind the 8 ball!

The Dogs played smarter, we aided them by dropping the ball, giving up penalties and giving them easy outs. The discipline really needs to improve!

The team scores lovely long range tries at times and that is amazing to watch. What we failed to do is break the Dogs down when we had a glut of possession and it almost cost us.

We really need to lift upfront. I do not see a platform being created and our halves are being rushed all the time.

DCE will get the plaudits for the field goal and his just about number 1 in the game to hit a clutch field goal. However he had very poor game. Missing a kick for touch. Waywood passing and he again failed to manage the game. It is not all his fault, it yet again stems from the fact that we do not have a proactive 9 bossing the ruck and he and Foran are under so much pressure.

Tommy did well despite being tightly marked. Foran was very strong as well.

I think what needs to be addressed is our right side where Morgan Harper is clearly lacking confidence. It might be an idea to give Koula a go as his raw speed can bust open a game.

We will take the win and it truly was a slog of a game. Hopefully this will get things moving for Manly. It is clear that we are well behind some of the teams right now. Fortunately it is only week 3.
Good points made, pity it was a wet track, lots of errors, about 20 I believe from us. Will get a better gage on where we are next week on hopefully a dry day and with less errors.

I hate looking for excuses as we shouldn’t need to but tbh the weather was rubbish tonight and I felt the ref stifled any momentum we were getting. Honestly they should have given away another 10-15 penalties and 6 agains. Said it in game day on a dry track we would have destroyed them. Again hate making excuses but I feel circumstances have not worked with us these first three games. This was a good ugly win we needed to get. We’ll build on it. Gotta get Koula in and put Parker alongside Saab. Parker takes tough carries out of our end and would better suit being on Saabs side in that respect. Really not sure what’s up with Marty, guy looks a shell of himself. Man I watched Jake close today and that guy is a freak. He just tackles all day. He’s the guy you hate playing against. Keppe is trying to follow his lead. If we get sone sun this week there will be no better place than brookie this Sat arvo. PS how good did the ground look! Almost Un-brookie like!
Jake did have his best game in a long time. And one big reason for that. He was playing prop. Running straight and not being the games slowest half. Walker playing 60-70 mins went great as well.

Clearly Scott Sattler didn't watch the game, Foran robbed of 3 points here.

• Dally M votes: 3 - Daly Cherry-Evans, 2 - Tom Trbojevic, 1 - Jeremy Marshall-King. Judge: Scott Sattler.
OMG Sattlers eyes must be painted on !! put Foz in for the 3 pts and drop DCE off the points completely ,and 1 point for Marshal King is for participation purposes only, surely ? Okalatu would lay claim to the 1 point didn;t stop trying all day

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10